PDA

View Full Version : Flying Characters.

greenmonsta
21-03-2010, 05:38
I know that flying monster can't join units, but I am not sure if normal characters can. Does anyone know if flying characters can join units and if they can't can you please provide the page number? Thanks.

Ultimate Life Form
21-03-2010, 06:11
Flying Characters can join units.

Milgram
21-03-2010, 06:17
brb pg 72. characters joining units.

Necromancy Black
21-03-2010, 06:35
As long as it's not a flying mount and just a special rule or item that lets them do it, flying characters should be able to join units.

greenmonsta
21-03-2010, 22:20
thanks for the help.

chaosviking
21-03-2010, 23:15
what if the flying character is a lower movement than the unit? does the unit slow down or does its flying still let it move full out?

Lord Zarkov
21-03-2010, 23:22
Flying characters that are part of a unit must use their ground movement value when moving with the unit. (although they can fly to join or leave).

StarFyre
22-03-2010, 00:27
i think the only mounted flying characters that can join units are the lizardmen skink chiefs and special character TikTaq'To ....they are riding terradons and able to join terradon units as group leaders essentially.

Sanjay

Dantès
22-03-2010, 04:50
Bretonnian peg Heros/Lords can join Pegasus units. As long as it's not a monstrous mount iirc you can join a unit.

For example, a Tomb King Liche Priest with Cloak of Dunes can join a unit of carrion, but a Vamp Count on zombie dragon can't join a unit of bats.

Also this means that a hero on pegasus can join a regular unit of knight if they so desire, he would just displace 2 or 3 models (I think it's just two)

Milgram
22-03-2010, 05:12
flying units cannot be joined by characters. pg. 69
lizzies have an exception.

a flying vampire on a non flying horse can join units.

Dutch_Digger
22-03-2010, 10:18
Also this means that a hero on pegasus can join a regular unit of knight if they so desire, he would just displace 2 or 3 models (I think it's just two)

Can't.
a character on a flying mount cannot join units unless noted otherwise

Artinam
22-03-2010, 11:33
Bretonnian Hero/Lord on Pegasus cannot join a unit of Pegasus Knights. I agree with the rest.

Dantès
22-03-2010, 16:18
Seems like a stupid restriction to be honest :/

Does this keep a skink with cloak of feathers or liche priest with cloak of dunes from joining a unit, though?

stripsteak
22-03-2010, 16:47
Seems like a stupid restriction to be honest :/

Does this keep a skink with cloak of feathers or liche priest with cloak of dunes from joining a unit, though?

as answered earlier

As long as it's not a flying mount and just a special rule or item that lets them do it, flying characters should be able to join units.

Griefbringer
22-03-2010, 19:18
Bretonnian peg Heros/Lords can join Pegasus units. As long as it's not a monstrous mount iirc you can join a unit.

As mentioned already, flying units cannot be joined by characters.

Besides, the Royal Pegasus is a monstrous mount.

Destroyer Lord
08-04-2010, 08:49
I don't think there is a specific mention about FLYING characters can joining units. Since Characters can join units, flying ones can join them too.

BlackVomit
08-04-2010, 11:13
BRB Page 69 - Unit Of Flyers - last line
"Characters can never join units of flyers, even if they ride flying creatures or are capable of flight themselves."

Seems an all-inclusive rule to me. ;)

EDIT: Apologies to Destroyer Lord for my post. I hadn't noticed until Milgram pointed it out below (took me some time to understand as English is not my 1st language). As Destroyer Lord said, I could find no restriction that prohibits flying characters from joining units.

Milgram
08-04-2010, 13:49
wow, good recapitulation of the thread. and nice that you two talk at cross-purposes...