PDA

View Full Version : Skaven doubts

Grunge
21-03-2010, 17:51
1) 5 Plague censer bearers fighting a rank and file unit. Skaven player rolls 5 dice for Censer tests. How many does the opponent roll? 5 for his first rank or 10 for 1st and 2nd ranks? (the wording on the FAQ really mixed me up)

2) A Plague Priest on a Furnace with a Plague Censer. Do all the Plague Monks in contact with the Furnace's base have to test for the Censer?

3) Can a character join a unit of Jezzails? Does he have a look out sir if the unit has 5+ Jezzail bases?

4) An Abomination rolling 3D6 to move and passing through difficult terrain still deducts half movement for difficult terrain? Or passes by it non slowed?

5) How exactly does the Plague Furnace test works? Roll a dice for number of hits, then those hits just get transformed in Toughness tests?

theunwantedbeing
21-03-2010, 18:04
1. Every model in base contact with one or more plague censer bearing models must take a toughness test.

2. Yup.

3. Yup and Yup, provided he isnt us5+ of course.

4. Terrain makes movement through them count as more than normal, having a random movement doesnt do squat to change this. You have to be a skirmisher or have some special rule that ignores the terrain, Abominations havent got this so are slowed as normal.

5. Yup, well..its D6 hits and each model hit takes a toughness test.

Kalandros
21-03-2010, 18:12
Even if the unit can attack on 2 or 3 ranks, only models actually in base contact will take tests.

Grunge
21-03-2010, 19:08
On 5) again: if it does D6 hits and each model hit takes a T test, do I need to roll to hit? At what WS if so?

And what happens if a 4 model unit takes 6 hits from the Furnace? It does 6 tests or only 4?

theunwantedbeing
21-03-2010, 19:57
On 5) again: if it does D6 hits and each model hit takes a T test, do I need to roll to hit? At what WS if so?

And what happens if a 4 model unit takes 6 hits from the Furnace? It does 6 tests or only 4?

:wtf:

It does D6 hits.
Each model hit takes a toughness test.

*awaits somebody to spell this out more simply so you dont need to think at all and I can just delete me posts in this thread*

Grunge
23-03-2010, 00:56
Just like an Empire Hellblaster does an Artillery die worth of hits? Or like an Organ gun does?

Palatine Katinka
23-03-2010, 01:14
D6 hits = roll a D6 and that is how many hits are caused.
Example: Impact hits from a chariot.

D6 shots/attacks = roll a D6 and that is how many to hit rolls you have to make.
Example: Reaper bolt throwers firing volleys/models with an A value of D6. (Spawn, I think?)

I don't have the Skaven book so I can't check the wording myself but from what others have said here it sounds like it says D6 hits.

Covalent
23-03-2010, 01:37
D6 hits. I got it with me. It's hits, not attacks that have to hit.

As for your other question: If you roll 6 hits and there are only 4 models in the unit.

Let's say your Furnace is in contact with 1 Ogre. What would you do? Only do 1 test or D6? ;) Same thing applies to a unit of 4.

KayazyAssassin
23-03-2010, 02:40
D6 hits. I got it with me. It's hits, not attacks that have to hit.

As for your other question: If you roll 6 hits and there are only 4 models in the unit.

Let's say your Furnace is in contact with 1 Ogre. What would you do? Only do 1 test or D6? ;) Same thing applies to a unit of 4.

the way i read it and played it is its d6 hits on every unit in base contact.so if your in combat with one ogre and you roll a five it needs to take 5 toughness test

Covalent
23-03-2010, 03:33
It's exactly what I meant ;)