PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Orcs and Goblins

w3rm
22-03-2010, 23:35
Ok I was thinking of restarting my Orcs and Goblins army. THey have been collecting dust in my room except for some Night Goblins that I use as Skavenslaves. I want little magic and a little fire support but mostly I want big Orc combat blocks. So here's the list, tear it apart.

Tharkorr Elfkrusha the Orc Bigboss-103
Boar, Light Armour, Enchanted Sheild

Gnashfang the Night Goblin Bigboss- 105
Bsb, Bad Moon on a Stick

Noggat Stuntybasha the Night Goblin Bigboss- 86
Squig, Shield, Light Armor, Spear

25 Orcs-165
Musician, Standard, Shields

25 Orcs- 190
Musician, Standard, Extra Choppas

5 Spider Riders- 71
Musician

5 Spider Riders- 71
Musician

21 Night Goblins- 102
Musician, Bows, Nets

21 Night Goblins- 102
Musician, Bows, Nets

29 Night Goblins- 134
Musicain, Standard, Nets, Shields

10 Black Orcs-146
Sheilds, Musician

10 Black Orcs-146
Sheilds, Musician

Spear Chukka- 35

Spear Chukka- 35

Total- 1491
Models- 162
Drops- 14

Ok so the plan. Use the Black Orcs and the Small Goblin units to support the big Orc Blocks. Try to keep the big unit of Goblins within the range of the General for that lovely Stubborn LD8 re-roll. A nice little anvil if I do say so. Spear Chukkas shoot the Big Gribblys and Spiders Flank and Redirect. Squig Boss warmachine and mage hunts. So theres the list tear it apart!!

ColShaw
26-03-2010, 17:59
Hate to burst your bubble, but Stubborn goes on the unit's base leadership only, NOT on the general's. Thus, it's either Stubborn Ld6 for the Gobbos, thanks to the Banner, or plain old Ld8 from the general.

This is only one of the reasons the Bad Moon Banner is... well, bad. Don't use it, unless you have good fluff reasons for it. If you must have a Night Gobbo BSB, give him the War Banner, or else kit him out for combat with a cheap magic weapon and the Amulet of Protectyness (that plus the Best Basha makes for a very solid fighter, for similar cost to the Bad Moon).

I can't help liking the Big Boss on Squig, but find myself wondering how much good he'll do. He's cheap enough that his randomness may not be an issue.

No Fanatics in the Night Gobbos makes me sad :(

Also, if you have a Night Gobbo BSB, you'll probably want a Boss in his unit, too, in order to soak up a challenge, should he end up face-to-face with something nasty. Gobbo BSBs don't last long in a straight-up fight with just about any other heroes in the game.

Zetari
26-03-2010, 18:13
I can't help liking the Big Boss on Squig, but find myself wondering how much good he'll do. He's cheap enough that his randomness may not be an issue.

No Fanatics in the Night Gobbos makes me sad :(

ME Myself and i Think Its Bad That You Don't have Fanatics And You Pump In Netters Insted Since a Fanatic Do Much More Then A Netter and is 10 points cheaper <---.

and i think you should add some squig hopper to putt the boss with just for the sake of squigs!

Squigs and Fanatics Are Your Only Friends!!!

(and anything you can do good with in the greenskin book

rtunian
26-03-2010, 18:19
i think drop the bowgobs' netters, combine & cut the 2 blorc units into 1x15, drop extra choppa for shield on boyz, and with all those points and freed special slot, add a rock lobba and a doom diver.

w3rm
28-03-2010, 21:43
Well crap I didnt know about the stubborn banner. He'll take Amulet of Protectyness and The Best Basha. I'm keeping the nets cuz theyre there to support the orc units. Ahh nothing like a t5 6 point model. haha