PDA

View Full Version : 2250 "fun but won't win" list

Foegnasher
23-03-2010, 13:59
A list for an rtt this weekend. I'll have a blast with it but my odds of winning are slim, I think.

Lord: Verminlord
Hero: plague preist, lvl 2, flail, pox rat, scrying stone(general)
Hero: warlock lvl2, d scroll, condenser
Hero: chief, bsb,shield, stormbanner
4x20 slaves
3x25 clanrats, mu, banner
2x doomflayers
26 giant rats, 4 pm
22 giant rats, 4 pm
2x6 plague censer bearers
Hellpit a-bomb, ws spikes

10 magic dice
6 dispel + 1 scroll
13 drops (it's fluffy!)
230ish models

I know it's not optimal. Too few drops. Too many points on characters. Too many big point sinks.

But I'm takeing it anyway. Cuz the verminlord is COOL. The priest on the rat is COOL. The hell pit is COOL. The doomflayers are COOL. You get the picture?

So. Thoughts and hundred of corrections that I know are comeing?

Bladelord
23-03-2010, 14:27
Tell us how it'll go for you:)

Foegnasher
23-03-2010, 20:30
Tell us how it'll go for you:)
I'm guessing 2 wins and a loss. I'll squash someone round 1. Have a tight game 2. Then I'll run into a heavy hitter or my VL will miscast himself to oblivion.

Jack of Blades
23-03-2010, 21:07
By preference, I'd load up on more magic-boosting items for your heroes. Who cares if a bunch of rats die? I'd exchange the dispel scroll for a power stone and put a pair of power stones on the Plague Priest. This is along the lines of the kinda list I'd like to play if I played Skaven, lots of magic and cool stuff... so all luck to you ;)

Defender of Ulthuan
24-03-2010, 14:08
Me likey, ratman. But, I do have a question: Why units of 26 and 22 GRs rather than 2x24? WHY?.

(List looks awesome; good luck!)

Foegnasher
24-03-2010, 19:33
Me likey, ratman. But, I do have a question: Why units of 26 and 22 GRs rather than 2x24? WHY?.

(List looks awesome; good luck!)

Because the plague preist is on a pox rat. He's ona 40x40 base and he's mv 6 and frenzied. The clanrats can't keep up. So he goes in the 22 rat unit.

Foegnasher
28-03-2010, 02:57
I'm guessing 2 wins and a loss. I'll squash someone round 1. Have a tight game 2. Then I'll run into a heavy hitter or my VL will miscast himself to oblivion.

i would like to publicly state that i know what i am talking about.

masscre win, minor win, and a solid loss. (though not in that order)

Competitors were
Skaven (me)
Ogres
high elfs
dark elfs
orcs and goblins
empire
empire
Vampire counts
lizard men
empire (ringer)

top 4 were
Orcs and goblins (rich Haddock)
High elfs (cody johnson)
Ogres (jason Johnson)
Skaven (ME.)

kormas
28-03-2010, 04:05
hopefully you will put up a report on how the list went :), just wondering but i remember a list that you made that had over 400 models ore something and that you were taking that list to a tourni, if you actualy did take it to the tourni how did it go?

Foegnasher
28-03-2010, 04:12
hopefully you will put up a report on how the list went :), just wondering but i remember a list that you made that had over 400 models ore something and that you were taking that list to a tourni, if you actualy did take it to the tourni how did it go?

went 1-1-1.

beat orks, lost to dark elfs, tied lizards.

with all clanrats, slaves, giantrats, etc. no magic no shooting.