PDA

View Full Version : WoC - 2500 pts Slanesh overall/tourny list

GWItheUltimate
24-03-2010, 15:19
I know you guys don't really like the Chaos Lord, but since I never really use him, I wanted to make an army list with one just to see what I can get...

And you know what ? I like the list. This is a big army that can do well all around I think, but sill I wanted some feedback on it, from player who played tourny.

Chaos Lord 389
Word of Agony
Mark of Slanesh
Barded Steed
Armour of Damnation
Favour of the Gods
Chaos Runesword
Shield

Exalted Hero 176
Mark of Slanesh
Helm of Many Eyes
Shield
Great Weapon
BSB

Chaos Sorcerer 140
Mark of Slanesh
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

Chaos Warriors x 12 269
Mark of Slanesh
War Banner
Halbeards+Shields
Command

Chaos Warriors x 12 264
Mark of Slanesh
Raptuous Standard
Halbeards+Shields
Command

Chaos Marauders x 30 210
Mark of Slanesh
Command
Shields+LA

Marauder Horsemen x 6 112
Mark of Slanesh
Flails + LA
Musician

4x Chaos Warhounds x5 120

Chaos Knights x 6 280
Mark of Slanesh
Command (no boss)

Chaos Knights x 6 280
Mark of Slanesh
Command (no boss)

Chaos Chariot of Slanesh 130

Chaos Chariot of Slanesh 130

Maybe I can rework the Chaos Lord Build, but I still like it. I just put him on wherever i fell I need the ultimate extra punch.

What do you guys think ?

Fay_Redd
24-03-2010, 16:50
Nice list. Well rounded and sticking to the Slaanesh theme throughout. 1 query though, i always thought BSB's couldnt have any additional magic items other than a banner. Maybe im thinking wrong,

I am so unsure about slaanesh sorcerers, The lore itself has very little value compared to the other 2, or even those from the main book. Im making a slaanesh list aswell but really want to know how best to use the Lore of Slaanesh.

GWItheUltimate
24-03-2010, 17:05
The BSB can have either a Magic Banner OR 50 pts of Magic Items.

Well my sorcerer has MoS only for theme purpose. He is really only a caddy so I don't expect him cast anything !

But for Lore of Slanesh, if you really want to test it, I'd suggest you a Deamon Prince Lvl 4.... Add the Diabolic Splandour and it's awesome. 12inches aura of panic at -1 ld. Spell number 6 is extremely effective. Also the illusion stuff is really great. But, as soon as your opponent is ITP, you're screw !

riotknight
24-03-2010, 18:10
Is this for the National? If so, you can only have 1 scroll. Same rules as last round.

tarrym
24-03-2010, 21:00
I quite like this list. My Slaanesh WoC also uses a Lord and I'll admit he hasn't exactly shined that much in the games so far - but then I don't think I've quite got the hang of using him yet!

I'd be interested to see how you fair against magic heavy armies. I have generally found that 1 scroll caddy just doesn't cut it any more.

Mullitron
24-03-2010, 21:10
The BSB can have either a Magic Banner OR 50 pts of Magic Items.

Well my sorcerer has MoS only for theme purpose. He is really only a caddy so I don't expect him cast anything !

But for Lore of Slanesh, if you really want to test it, I'd suggest you a Deamon Prince Lvl 4.... Add the Diabolic Splandour and it's awesome. 12inches aura of panic at -1 ld. Spell number 6 is extremely effective. Also the illusion stuff is really great. But, as soon as your opponent is ITP, you're screw !

Add a bsb with doom banner and its -2 ld : )

GWItheUltimate
25-03-2010, 12:21
Thank you guys !

No it's not for the National, so dual scroll baby ;-)

I guess the army has a weakness against "A back my squad and I shoot/magic you in the face one more round" armies.... But still, MoS is pretty usefull for not panicing in that situation and once you reach the gunline with chaos knights, it's quite over....

You can always just send the lord alone in front against a gunline, duel the litle champion, do +5 overkill with the big sword, and win combat resolution by 4-5 !!

Rawne
25-03-2010, 17:37
nice list, like the fact its themed and not just got all the big toys in it mayb alittle weak on the magic front, but if u can get in their faces nice and early should be fine. i play an fall MoN list, so its nice to see more theme less pew pew

GWItheUltimate
25-03-2010, 18:13
I changed my Chaos Lord build. I'm gonna go Runesword/Armor of Damnation instead. Less killy but much more solid on defense and less vulnarable against majority of list.

Plus a Chaos Lord with a Runesword, it's not like it cannot kill stuff !!!