PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Poision and Warpstone weapons

Sooty13
24-03-2010, 19:11
Does anyone else feel that Skaven Poisoned Attacks (regardless of source) should be Warpstone Weapons. After all, everything Skaven do is based on or around the woundful little rock.

Falkman
24-03-2010, 19:17
Why is this in the rules forum?

Sooty13
24-03-2010, 19:59
Why is this in the rules forum?
why not? maybe it should be in the book. may be not. what do you think. do you believe its a miss print that its not in there or do you not?

Where else would it go? simply discus! I bet your a dwarf arent you! nasty little beard things

Falkman
24-03-2010, 20:14
Put it in general since it has nothing to do with an actual rules query, you just want to discuss why GW decided x instead of y.

stripsteak
24-03-2010, 20:18
Where else would it go? simply discus!

You aren't asking a rules question. You are asking for opinions on your idea of a new rule, or how the rule should be. This would be more appropriate in either the general or rules development forum.

Sooty13
24-03-2010, 21:09
point taken. can it moved? I dont know? I still think your a dwarf

Covalent
25-03-2010, 02:20
Move please, and remove my post ;)

Ultimate Life Form
25-03-2010, 05:05
Uhm... no. Never occured to me before. I can't see what use Warpstone would have in poisoning your opponent. Unless you want them to turn into Chaos Spawns and eat your head off.

Sooty13
25-03-2010, 06:29
I know its in the wrong place buts lets leave leave that.

The way I see it, is Warpstone is deadl stuff to every thing except Skaven who have some immunity. they mix this in with the poison to make it extra toxic. the target may mutate but only as it dies. otherwise anything hit from a jezzail might mutate, if you get me.

it would also gine assassins and gutter runners the magic attack rule. (you know for hitting ghosties and the like)

its just a trhought

Ultimate Life Form
25-03-2010, 06:52
No, Warpstone poisoning isn't that deadly; in fact half of the Warhammer factions are either immune to its effects or don't care anymore. As you noticed yourself Warpstone greatly enhances the damage that a weapon deals, but it does nothing to poison the target. If you want examples look under Warpstone Ammunition, Fellblade, Warpstone Throwing Stars and others. Another application is Plague Censer fumes, that are also not poisonous but simply deal horrible physical damage.

decker_cky
25-03-2010, 14:23
Except that the poison has always been a warpstone coating on their blades. I think the 7th edition book even talks about it, just doesn't give magical attacks.

someone2040
26-03-2010, 00:02
I think there's a difference between being hit with a lump of warpstone across the head compared to soaking a blade in a liquid form or something that would seep into wounds and the like.
If it was deadly just to be around, well... everyone going into Mordheim to capture 'wyrdstone' would've be dead pretty quickly.

Lord Zarkov
26-03-2010, 00:13
IIRC last edition all skaven poisons were 'warpstone weapons' for the very reason that all their poisons included warpstone.

Also, while they might all have warpstone in to 'improve' them, it may not be the actual active ingredient of the poison.

Covalent
26-03-2010, 03:48
Wait...I can't find the rule about warpstone poison in my skaven armybook. Anyone can help me?

:rolleyes:

Sooty13
26-03-2010, 05:30
its not there. it was in the last edition. so in the new book poisioned attacks are NOTWarpstone weapons. that it whatmI was getting at. never mind. lol