PDA

View Full Version : Top Five: Most Hated

m1s1n
24-05-2005, 04:30
Alright, we all like to discuss the things we enjoy, but what we like better is to discuss the things we don't like. Since "Time" just released a Top 100 Movies (in no particular order) List, I've decided that we need a Top 5 Most Disliked Things list.

The list does not need to be in particular order, nor does it have to be any particular topic. Feel free to include "Top # Lists" and "m1s1n's Threads" if it is appropriate. These lists are supposed to be fun in nature--there are real serious things that I "hate" that are not going on the list, simply because this is not P&R, and "hate" is being used as a synonym for "annoy."

For Me:
1. When you only hear part of a song, but you don't know what song it is--and you keep singing that part over and over again hoping to remember one more line, so that you can sing something besides "Domo, domo".

2. Running out of warm water in the shower. Generally this happens when you are in a hurry, and are the last person to wake up. I have found a special angle that allows me to protect anything precious from the cold water--then by acting quickly I am able jump in and out of the water in order to get clean. It is really too much effort in order to not stink.

3. Bad movies that people insist are good because they are "classic". If you can justify it with a critique that involves academic phrases like "a comment on the racial situation within our social structure," I can dig it--but if you have to use subjective terms like "It was just so awesome!" I'm not down.

4. People who cut me off without signaling. If you do not use your blinker to let me know that you are merging into my lane you are not only endangering everyone around you, but breaking the law. I understand that it takes an additional second of your time to flip the little switch on the side of the steering wheel, but like my ex-girlfriend used to say "Take a little extra time to do the job right."

5. People who do not respect to you or your property. This includes picking up models and handling them roughly, or returning a borrowed DVD with scratches on the disc or the case. Do not try to make yourself feel better by comparing what you own to what I do not! And my "Fight Club" DVD is very sacred to me! Be careful with that case!

:0)
24-05-2005, 05:03
Ooh! My turn!

1. Small rat children who run around screaming for no reason. Please, be quiet, no one wants to hear your annoyingly high-pitched cries all afternoon.

2. People who cannot turn off their cell phones. I'm sick of hearing "Oh, I thought it was off! I swear!".

3. Individuals whose knee-jerk reaction is to call GW evil and call everything overpriced without blinking.

4. I'll be opening a new window on CoolMiniOrNot, and it's taking a long time to load, so I close it and move on. Firefox thinks that if one window is having trouble loading and I cancel it, then that can only mean I want EVERY INTERNET WINDOW CLOSED. :mad:

It's the only thing I don't like about Firefox.

PBGhost
24-05-2005, 06:37
1. Spiders
2. Jerks
3. People who can't use 'Ironic' correctly
4. 'Holier-than-thou' Religious nuts
5. Poor authors

Grumnir
24-05-2005, 07:18
1. Spiders (Agree ;))
2. Bansai Plants --> so tempting yet so hard
3. People who lack a basic knowledge of history (eg. who was winston churchill in a university lecture --> not hist subject at least)
4. Poodles
5. cover charges at clubs

Lord Balor
24-05-2005, 07:39
1. Stop start peak hour driving. I just get so aggro while waiting (I now catch the bus to and from UNI just to avoid it).

2. Serious Keyboard Warriors with attitude Problems (Teh Wastes roXoRs but i mean Online games and...well.. you know what i mean :P).

3. My favourite formuns going 404 on me for long periods of time (Well its more of a scared that hate reaction)

4. Ignorant People who disrespect our forces who have or are outting their lives on the line. Also extremist lefties (So just a select few, the rest are fine) who are just so stubborn to realise that hey, maybe the government is doing what they believe is best, even if it is helping the majority and not me (Runs and hides in the biggest blackest corner to avoid being burnanated).

5.Bill Murry (Don't ask, i just hate the man ever since What about Bob).

Beefstick
24-05-2005, 08:21
1) Redneck, hillbilly, ignorant jerks
2) Sauce-on-siders
3) Anybody who voted for: Bush, smoking ban, no gay marriage
4) Fat secretaries who thrive on beaurocracy
5) My friends awful useless girlfriend :mad:

Eldacar
24-05-2005, 08:46
1) Annoying people who refuse to listen to anything besides their own voice.

2) 1337-speak. I hate it.

3) Heavy traffic. I hate peak hour.

4) Forum trolls.

5) Hypocrites.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There's other things I dislike, but I can't think of them right now.

polymphus
24-05-2005, 08:54
I'm with Eldacar except switch #3 with "people who think Linkin Park and the Rasmus are heavy metal"

Isn't it ironic #1 and #5 are usually the same person?

PBGhost
24-05-2005, 09:03
Isn't it ironic #1 and #5 are usually the same person?

You just reminded me...I updated my list (notably number 3).

:p

Note: Not saying *you* are neccesarily using it incorrectly however.

Wez
24-05-2005, 09:56
1) 'Alternative' kids who all look the same, dress the same and listen to the same music, then bitch at me when I make snoring noises their "my parents hate me/ I just got dumped/ I want to die" speeches.

2) Chavs who go around just to look for a fight (Not all chavs... just most;)).

3) The taste of Kebab in the morning. I prefer the taste of my own vomit, to the taste of the kebabs. Actually, one normally follows the other.

4) 'Holier-than-though' Christians/ Left-wing nutjubs/ Right-wing nutjobs.

5) Teenage poetry. Tenoch and I composed our own poem though for a very special person:

Your poetry is so *****
It makes you look like a tit
It makes me cry
I hope you die
Just hurry up and do it*

*Suicide, as the poem was about her killing herself.

-Wez

Shadowheart
24-05-2005, 09:58
1. Cars. That goes from "annoying" to sincere hatred. Ugly, noisy, stinking contraptions that drive over small animals and pedestrians alike. Also the symbol of the casual pollution and destruction of our natural environment. And the damn things are everywhere. Try counting the cars you see in a day (if you go outside at all).

2. Telephones. Annoying only, but extremely so, especially now that the things can be carried around wherever you go. Using one usually means being rude to someone. Again the prevelance of phones is mindboggling, and the role they play in people's social lives (not mine, I don't have one) is worryingly large.

3. Dogs. Most of them are distinctly unappealing and stupid. (they'd have to be to be man's best friend) I think a dog's a sad parody of an animal, and I could certainly live without the barking.

4. Common phrases. It's interesting how people (myself included) will unconciously copy what they hear others say. Take the amount of English words and slang that has crept into the everyday vocabulary of people in non-English speaking countries. We swear in English nowadays. It's the verbal cut & paste, and it often sounds retarded if you think about it. I'm terrified I'm going to slip up some day and say "oh my god".

5. Having to get up early. There are few things that are worth prematurely ending sleep for, and oddly enough those are rarely the things you do it for.

Fusion
24-05-2005, 10:01
1. The fact that my local pub has a deal going every day of the week for $10 Chicken parmas and a pot of beer. It's just across the road, and my god does it suck!

2. Ignorant people who refuse to look at a situation from a different angle

3. Rightwingers. See above.

4. My lack of drawing talent

5. That I can't get out riding properly of late. Riding in the city is all well and good, but dropping to flat concrete gets painful really fast. Give me some smooth lines in the forest, please!

Although, these aren't really hates, more just things that **** me off sometimes...

Jedi152
24-05-2005, 10:03
1: People who just can't keep quiet in a cinema. I like to watch my films in peace and quiet. I pay almost 7 to watch my film in peace and quiet. Not having phones going off, sweet wrappers being rustled, kids yelling out ... etc.

2: Hollywood directors Americanising films. The War of the Worlds trailer had me seething. I felt like standing at the front of the cinema and yelling "READ THE ********** BOOK!" to all the plebs going "how cool is that!!11!!". Why associate it with WotW? Why not just make a martian movie but call it something else?? I'd have so much more respect for Spielberg. It annoys me to think of all the people who will now think the the HGWells book is the 'book of the film'.

3: Arrogant mothers - you know the sort, women who believe that everyone should do everything for them because they managed to get pregnant and have a kid. Like the mums who drive massive 4x4's and ram other cars out of the way because they are the only women in the world to have kids, and their children are the future of the human race.
Or the women who go into smoky bars, stand next to a smoker and shout "Excuse me, do you mind not smoking - i am pregnant you know!" For more reference, and the correct way to deal with these women, see The Office xmas special...

4: People who are crazy for bargains ... bear with me ... I was in Tesco last night and say that the guy was putting the 'reduced' stickers on the doughnuts. So i wandered over but was kept back by an old woman with her husband, who were hanging around him like vultures keeping people away like an expert NFL blocker - trying to get the best bargains first - then they grab as many as they can cram into their trolley. I honestly think they'd have murdered everyone there to get 10p off a box of doughnuts.

5: That *********** crazy frog! I don't know if you have the ringtone craze in the US, but here it is mental. Kids will gladly pay 3-4 to have the latest songs badly remade into ringtones. And a ringtone that sells itself as "the most annoying ringtone in the world" (crazy frog) is plain stupid, and people buy it! How stupid are they?

Ahh rant over...

Forgotmytea
24-05-2005, 13:46
1) People who cannot spell to save their lives on forums. I understand that many people are dyslexic or foreign, and that's fine, but English people who type passages the following way really get on my nerves:

Ya I luv my new Ogre modles. Tey iz teh bezt!!!111!! W00t!!11!! Tey rool, u suk!!!11!!! Pwned n00b!11!!!1! L0l!!!11!!1!!1! :wtf:

That just gets on my nerves. That includes people who don't use correct pronunciation and/or capitals. As said on the Warhammer Forum:

Capitalisation is the difference between, "Helping my uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping my uncle jack off a horse" :p

2) People who have no respect for anyone's opinions and stubbornly refuse to accept they are wrong.

3) TSUG and Melon Heist on TS: FP currently (but when I complete them that'll change ;))

4) People who hate Iron Maiden :eek:

5) Exams. I really hate exams, especially General Studies. I can't do either maths or science, and what's the paper on? Maths and science.

Da Red Gobbo

Ozorik
24-05-2005, 14:10
1.) Fundamentalists of any description, although religious and right wing nutjobs are the worst offenders in my eyes but basically anyone who takes their own views too seriously to even so much as glance at the alternative.

2.) Damn annoying ring tones, if I hear that damn frog again then someone will find themselves sporting a nasty head wound.

3.) Sensationalist journalisim, again I find right wing materiel the most offensive. The daily mail is right at the top of my list.

4.) Films which totaly ignore historical fact and then have the gall to call them selves 'historical'.

5.) The constant moaning about Bush, yes he is very dangerous but there is nothing to be done about it and it is getting very, very tiresome.

Odin
24-05-2005, 14:11
1. Cats

2. Commuting in to London

3. Work. It really puts a downer on your whole life.

4. People who can't spell or talk properly. See Da Red Gobbo's example! Went into a pub recently which had "Basket of prawn's" on the menu - the basket does not belong to a prawn! It contains more than one prawn - i.e. prawns, with no apostrophe. As you can see I get very annoyed about this stuff, and that includes all this ridiculous internet-speak.

5. Chavs. Just burn them all on a big fire.

The taste of Kebab in the morning. I prefer the taste of my own vomit, to the taste of the kebabs. Actually, one normally follows the other.

Wez - you're from Reading, right? Hmmm, don't know if I should say this, but there was a study a few years ago in Reading which took samples of doner kebabs from loads of kebab vans in Reading. The only meat they could identify was pigeon - the rest they couldn't identify at all. Not sure if the study was released to the public.

Enjoy!

Cheesejoff
24-05-2005, 15:14
1. Chavs/Neds.

2. Anyone who thinks they are better than everyone

3. Cheap ass, shoddy items that people gladly pay for *coughs* Annoying Frog Ringtone* *coughs*

4. People who take their own political views/beliefs so seriously they hate people who hold different views.

5. Trying to think of something you hate, but failing.

x-esiv-4c
24-05-2005, 15:24
Dead easy.

1). Kids in movie theatres who have a say in everything. Whenever a movie starts, they will loudly exclaim "Ohh man, thats a bad beginning...". It really pisses me off, kids like that need their teeth kicked in, that or sodomized by a thuggery of silver-back gorillas in heat.

2). Gothy poety. The kind that my college roommate would write. Like what Wez wrote. It's pathetic! That crap can be randomly generated on the interweb! Then he would send the poems to girls with pictures of his wang....yeah....it got even wierder from there on in.

3). "Nu-Metal". The audio-crap that spews forth from popularized radio-stations.

4). Ignorant people. Ignorant people but mainly those who take religion a little too far ( dangerous territory here...) I'm currently living in the Southern Theocratic confederacy ( Alabama) and when I buy a D&D book from Barnes & Noble I don't want the clerk to put a phamlet about demons and how the church can help in the book while i'm paying for it. I'm sick of seeing downright insulting bill-boards. proclaiming:

"YOU'RE A SINNER, YOU WILL GO TO HELL"

"GOD HATES GAYS"

"GOD WILL NOT ACCEPT YOU UNTIL YOU GO TO CHURCH"

ok, I'll stop the rant....

5). People in parking lots who sit idle for a good minute whilst waiting for someone further down gets in there car and leaves. The idle bastards seems it right to hold up traffic, and if they are on their cell-phone..........

grizzly ruin
24-05-2005, 15:25
4. I'll be opening a new window on CoolMiniOrNot, and it's taking a long time to load, so I close it and move on. Firefox thinks that if one window is having trouble loading and I cancel it, then that can only mean I want EVERY INTERNET WINDOW CLOSED. :mad:

I hope this helps you. You might be having another problem, but this is what it seems like.

I'm assuming you are opening everything up in new tabs.

Go to tools, options, advanced

Look for "Tabbed browsing"

Put a check in the last box for "Warn when closing multiple tabs"

Also, when you want to close out of that window, close out the tab and not Firefox itself.

The things I hate.

1) The stupid. All of them.

2) Being asked for the 10,000th time by a Japanese person if I am able to eat sushi after they have ALREADY WATCHED ME EAT IT FOR 30 MINTUES.

3) Finding 15cm long poisonous centipedes in your house.

4) Finding roaches as big as your thumb in the kitchen.

5) Car Insurance Companies.

hairyman
24-05-2005, 15:28
1. Cucumber
2. Losing at poker when you've played well but been unlucky, rather than when you've played badly.
3. The Daily Mail, and all that it stands for.
4. Reality tv and docu-soaps.
5. Machismo.. especially in car drivers

Riddy
24-05-2005, 15:47
1. Chavs/Neds who go looking for fights, i know several class guys who are also neds, but then they dont go out looking to attack randoms on the streets like the guys who jumped me a few weeks ago

2. All pop music, most R&B and Dance, basically because i cant stand it, although i do like some stuff.

3. Reality TV, it all sucks, all of it (With the exception of one show, which i hardly watch anyway) its just a pointless attempt to make people waste money on phone calls, which many people foolishly do.

4. THE FROG, every ad break on every channel i watch, every day, there is atleast two, not one but TWO ads for the damn thing, the creator deserves to be castrated with a rusty teaspoon.

5. People who change their opinion repeatedly, often in the same day, depending on who they are with and people with egos bigger than the average space rocket.

x-esiv-4c
24-05-2005, 15:49
can the terms "Chav" and "Ned" be interchanged? Or do they have each a specific meaning?

Riddy
24-05-2005, 15:52
can the terms "Chav" and "Ned" be interchanged? Or do they have each a specific meaning?

Chav-Council housed and violent-English word
Ned-Non-educated delinquant-Scottish word

Basically they are used to describe people who have no jobs, live in council houses, get money by commiting crime, wear trakkies and are generally a menace to society, on the most part. Although this is just a stereotype, some of them are actually alright guys.

hairyman
24-05-2005, 15:53
Scottish chavs are usually called neds.

x-esiv-4c
24-05-2005, 16:20
Fascinating. Why do they feel the urge to be a detriment to society? Are there programs to re-habilitate these people or are they comfortable being the bottom of the barrel?

hairyman
24-05-2005, 16:52
Chavs are in danger of taking over RM. Get over to the caps and hoodies thread if you want to learn more....

Wraith
24-05-2005, 16:55
4. THE FROG, every ad break on every channel i watch, every day, there is atleast two, not one but TWO ads for the damn thing, the creator deserves to be castrated with a rusty teaspoon.

I don't even watch much TV and I can relate to this -- the adverts are incessant and haven't stopped since Christmas.

I dive for the remote to mute the TV as soon as it comes on...

Odin
24-05-2005, 17:12
4). Ignorant people. Ignorant people but mainly those who take religion a little too far ( dangerous territory here...) I'm currently living in the Southern Theocratic confederacy ( Alabama) and when I buy a D&D book from Barnes & Noble I don't want the clerk to put a phamlet about demons and how the church can help in the book while i'm paying for it. I'm sick of seeing downright insulting bill-boards. proclaiming:

"YOU'RE A SINNER, YOU WILL GO TO HELL"

"GOD HATES GAYS"

"GOD WILL NOT ACCEPT YOU UNTIL YOU GO TO CHURCH"

ok, I'll stop the rant....

Whoa! Does that stuff really happen there!?!?! That's pretty messed up. I missed out bigots from my list deliberately, because it wasn't supposed to be real political things, just annoying things. But religious nutcases are definitely high on my list of things that get on by tits. Fortunately we don't get too many of them round here, aside from the occasional loon on street corners in London.

Beefstick
24-05-2005, 17:29
Whoa! Does that stuff really happen there!?!?! That's pretty messed up. I missed out bigots from my list deliberately, because it wasn't supposed to be real political things, just annoying things. But religious nutcases are definitely high on my list of things that get on by tits. Fortunately we don't get too many of them round here, aside from the occasional loon on street corners in London.

Oh yeah it does! I used to live in North Carolina, and you may notice, that 3 of my 5 things rather adequately describe the population of that state. It's not the whole US that is screwed up, but there are HUGE expanses of nutballs in the "Bible Belt" which covers about a quarter of the nation. I was getting real tired of finding anti-evolution pamphlets on my car. Here's a link to the kind of stuff they leave...

ugh!:angel: (http://http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp)

PS -- we really need P&R back

Sojourner
24-05-2005, 17:29
1) Intelligent, educated people who still dress, talk and behave like chavs. Like everyone on my corridor.

2) Bouncers who think it's their god-given right to be ignorant *****

3) People who know you're there and deliberately stand in your way

4) People who feel the irrational need to tell complete strangers something stupid

5) Expensive electronics that break after five minutes of use, or never worked in the first place

x-esiv-4c
24-05-2005, 17:35
Whoa! Does that stuff really happen there!?!?! ....

Yeah mate, it really does happen here. It's messed up. A lot of the more zealous people claim that the bible is the EXACT word of god and all of them have a holier-then-thou complex. It just takes a few of these fanatics to really ruin the image.

venusianfurs
24-05-2005, 17:45
1. Simon Pegg
2-5. TBC.

Sgt John Keel
24-05-2005, 18:20
Wez - you're from Reading, right? Hmmm, don't know if I should say this, but there was a study a few years ago in Reading which took samples of doner kebabs from loads of kebab vans in Reading. The only meat they could identify was pigeon - the rest they couldn't identify at all. Not sure if the study was released to the public.

Enjoy!

Your problem right there. Kebab should be made of beef, not turkey or any other bird for that matter. It just tastes awful. However, beef kebab is teh win!!1!, to phrase it the Tundra way.

/Adrian

Wez
24-05-2005, 19:32

There was also a story about finding a dead rat in my local kebab shop in the local newspaper.:) Now it's Perfect Fried Chicken (not related to KFC, but coincidentally having the same meal deals for less;) or Fish'n'chips).

All logic says that I shouldn't eat Kebab again, and so far I've managed to keep that up for 3 months (heck, I've only eaten in there once and I regretted it!)

-Wez

Tenoch
24-05-2005, 19:47
Yes PFC is rough, never shall I eat there again while sober.

Only time I've eaten kebab was during a particuarly bad local gig, I was cold and rat-arsed and someone discarded their remains so I ate it, really wish I hadn't in the morning, although cheap vodka kills taste buds :D.

OK top 5 list

1. Retarded adverts, yes they are effective but I have no wish to concilidate my debts, or buy the crazy f'in frog ringtone.
2. Appropriation of words that once had a meaning, such as the fat metal kid who gave me a long lecture about how Cradle of Filth were "TEH GOFFFZORSZZZZZZZ!!!!212@"
3. People who see intelligence as a crime. What I mean are the people who question everything you say because they don't understand the words. Don't people ever read?! And haven't they heard of a dictionary?! (knows he will be bombarded with comments amount inevitable typos in this post)
4. Large feet. I have them, lots of people I know have them, but do shoe companies think people have them? No. Instead you have to pay exorbitant amounts of money for shoes or settle for the one dingey crappy pair of shoes a shop has left in stock.
5.People who describe themselves as "random"

tzeentchgiant
24-05-2005, 19:48
what do I hate let me see

1:Tabloids
2:People who get the story wrong and don't care about it after See above also see peole in my year.
3:Underacheiving (myself and others, if you can do better you should do better)
4:Whining children
5:My friend's whining bitch of a GF, she treats him like crap and he laps it up just so that he can say he has a GF.
6:Small spaces
7:Spiders
8:............I could go on to 1000000, but I'll stop here

The most major ones are the first 5.

TG

PKAGustov
24-05-2005, 20:06
A few of my most hated things.

1. Kids (yes, I'm 10 years older than the average age) at my university, who have never really done anything in their lives, that feel they have all the answers. Usually leftists.

2. Ricers and bassers. I don't want to hear your angry weed-whaker or your new cd. Thank you very much.

3. The "uneducated". This should be self-explainitory. Many of this class are also in my number 1 entry.

4. Religous zealots. Any person of any faith can be one.

5. Lists.

DisruptorX
24-05-2005, 20:14
5) People who have their cellphones set to ring inside. Rude, inconsiderate, and annoying as hell.

4) People who do not use indicators. Especially when they are dumb bitches driving an SUV and talking on their cellphone.

3) Moral relativists.

2) Extremists. Especially religious and leftist nutjobs. Also, idiots who look at the world in terms of right and left.

1) The politically correct. I loathe this crowd with every ounce of hate I have to give. They disgust me more than I could possibly describe. These people are painfully ignorant and fall under (2) above.

Shuya
24-05-2005, 20:23
1.) People who think there cool cuz there individual yet dress and listen to the same music as everyone else and insult others for doing the exact same thing there doing (mostly mini moshers and emos and alts)

2.) chavs whos only way of getting respect is fighting

3.) people who dont know when to stay out of somthing or stop talking

4.) people who constantly whine

5.) Popular music scenes and the sterotypes they generate

Tomasaurus
24-05-2005, 22:51
1. Violent drunks
2.Extremest right wings
3.Hypocrites
4.Racists
5.Muscle spasms.

polymphus
25-05-2005, 05:48
Just telling everyone that I've changed my #1 most hated thing to "Annoying hypocrites who have no sense of humor, call everyone else immature and then giggle when the word "tit" comes up in conversation" :mad: :mad:
Seriously. Theres a gang of about ten of them at my school and they seem to think that flicking paper at people is "mature" while pulling the finger at them and telling them to ****** off is immature (they call me immature a lot :rolleyes: )

Compyraptor
25-05-2005, 11:41
In no particular order:

1. Chavs

2. Religious zealots. Unfortunately there seems to be an increase of christian zealots preaching on the street in my town (Cardiff). It's annoying when they tell me that I'm going to Hell for not following the word of God.

3. Dogs

4. Spiders

5. The crazy f'n frog. He drives me round the twist. The creator deserves the most painful death that could ever be imagined. I really do loathe that repulsive little thing.

It's not really on topic, but I must ask why everyone seems to hate the Daily Mail. I read it now and then (only because that's the paper my mum buys, I normally get The Times) and I don't really see any problems with it. So please could someone tell me what's wrong with it?

PBGhost
25-05-2005, 12:26
5. The crazy f'n frog. He drives me round the twist. The creator deserves the most painful death that could ever be imagined. I really do loathe that repulsive little thing.

ARG! You get that bastard over there too? I thought it was only in Australia. I shall never be free of its annoyance! :cries: :mad: :eek: :wtf:

Jedi152
25-05-2005, 12:38
ARG! You get that bastard over there too? I thought it was only in Australia. I shall never be free of its annoyance! :cries: :mad: :eek: :wtf:
You mean it's out of england?? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

We have sacrificed our sanity to try and hold it here.

Now the world is going insane. They had the creator on GMTV this morning, but i left before i could see him, and therefore know who to send the hitmen after.

hairyman
25-05-2005, 12:51
It's not really on topic, but I must ask why everyone seems to hate the Daily Mail. I read it now and then (only because that's the paper my mum buys, I normally get The Times) and I don't really see any problems with it. So please could someone tell me what's wrong with it?

*disclaimer: no offence at your mum intended*

The Daily Mail is the mouthpiece for small minded, xenophobic, prissy home counties Conservative England. It peddles lies and gross distortions of the truth with the sole agenda of propping up right wing nimbyism and keeping our green and pleasant land whiter than white.

I work for the council here looking after asylum seekers, many of whom have been through unimaginable hardship before arriving in Sheffield. The relentless onslaught of misinformaiton and scaremongering that comes out of the Mail has done an incredible amount of damage to people's public perception of those fleeing war & coming to this country, and has created a situation where statistics are glibly bandied about that have nothing in common with the truth. The Mail is at the forefront of this deliberate and nasty attack on people who are different; pandering to people's desire to hate and fueling their fear of the unknown.

It does the same with gypsies, chavs, etc. Anyone who's not middle class and white. It supports a tory political agenda that we all hoped had gone with Thatcher. It's not very well written. The crossword is crap.

Basically, it's an upmarket copy of the Sun, without the naughty pictures and without such decent football coverage.

I don't like it.

Odin
25-05-2005, 13:12
Your problem right there. Kebab should be made of beef, not turkey or any other bird for that matter.

Er, actually it should be made of lamb!

Well, Hairyman is mostly right - they can be pretty bigoted from time to time. For example, when Sven Goran-Erikssen was made England coach (in some silly little game called football), their headline was something like this:

"We have sold our birthright down the fjord to a bunch of hammer-throwers and porn stars who spend half their lives in darkness"

Not exactly quality journalism.

Oh, and of course in the 30s there was the infamous "Hurrah for the Blackshirts" headline.

On the other hand, I think they don't get entirely fairly judged. I guess it us understandable that people who don't read it aren't aware of this, but it does also contain many articles about the plight of refugees and asylum seekers, investigations into institutional racism etc. Basically it has a few rather unpleasant characters involved in it, problem is that some of them are in the higher echelons of the editorial staff and management.

Sojourner
25-05-2005, 13:22
Wez, Tenoch - actually, I found Reading kebabs not half bad. Bodrum is our grease factory of choice, it looks pretty clean and well looked after, and it's on the way home from the pub.

Hideous Loon
25-05-2005, 13:48
Right, my five (and five only) least favourite things are, in no particular order (thank you for that, Compyraptor):

1. Kids (and occasionally grown-ups) who talk and "forget" to shut off their cellphones at the movies.

2. The abominable, foul music (if you shave off the artists' heads, I'm sure you will find the mark of three sixes scorched into their foreheads) known to the educated, illuminated people of Earth as...POP. You know, all that horrendous, laughable junk they play on radio, with Greater Daemons such as Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears and Anastacia.

3. The language used by immature fourteen-year-olds all over the world, also known as L337...

4. Politically correct Christians. Especially that turncoat-bishop we have in Sweden these days (Sgt John Keel, I'm sure you'll agree with me on this one).

5. GW, especially their slowness and inability to post good articles in WD, for instance, ignoring the Movie-Marines article in UK WD. (No, I don't think that their models are more expensive, at least not much more, than they have to. GW is after all a company, and companies have to make money.)

Scabby
25-05-2005, 16:39
1. People holding up the line at the gas station to buy lottery tickets.

2. People who wait for a car to leave in the parking lot so they can get their space when it's clearly going to take 5 minutes. I once had somebody wait with their blinker for me while I was on the way to my van. I have 2 small kids(age 1&2) and a cart full of groceries :eek: It took me forever to get finished but the tool was still waiting.

3. People who talk on their cell phones while purchasing something at a counter. Just put the damn thing down.. it's not THAT important.

4. Similar to #3: people who talk on their cell phone while with a group of friends. Drives me nuts!

5. Liberal parents who raise demons and then try to tell me how to raise my kids :mad:

The pestilent 1
25-05-2005, 20:23
1:People.
/rant on
people just rub me the wrong way it seems, the seething masses of shoppers and general arshats who seem to find it funny when i yelp in pain when they inevitably step on my feet. (ingrown toenails...)
the unending lines of people who find my hair funny. yes, its long, yes, its "wild". yes, its not been cut in the best part of a year.
get over it!
those people who peddle on the streets, do i look like i want to buy your fragging "guranga" rubbish? okay, the big issue guys are fine, they are working their way out of the pit they're in (more power to them)

/rant off

so simply, people get to me, everything they do, everything they say, everything they represent.
colour me slightly egotystical and meglomaniacal if you will, its the truth.

edit: oh, and that ******* crazy-frog thing too.

alterion
25-05-2005, 20:42
hmm only 5 eh.. well that could be tough
1) The Daily Mail- and any other paper that will say anything if it sells- especialy when it is about somehthing like pc gaming which they know nothing about
2) American- god does not love you unless.. christians.. they give my faith a bad name... are wrong and need a good kick in the unmetionables...
3) Modern Art no i am sorry but a cow haed stuck in a peice of glass is not art.. it is stupid.. and don't even TRY and argue with me note: not all modern art is badinfact some of it is superb... but most of the popular parp like this just.. check out deviantart for some proper art. my favorites would be a good place to start alterion.deviantart.com (shameless plug)
4)george bush- no one with an iq of 65 deserves to rule a country least of all the ine with the most nueks in the world - acutally can i expand thsi one to the enitre american political system.. ours is pretty bad but yours jsut sukcs bad.. i feel for all americans
5) popups.. and popunders.. and all webadds in general all hail the magnificent adblockextension and firefox for ridding me of these spwan forever..
6) the crazy frog advert.... and all adverts for insurance and all uninnotve stupid mind numing adds in general why i am at it.. why is there no firefox for tv??...
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Snoozer
25-05-2005, 22:00
I don't think that I have 5 but I'll try.

1. My half obsessive compulsory disorders, like saving a rpg game 15 times in a minut or always having to watch a Star Trek episode while eating.
2. MTV
3. 12-year old's who call Good Charlotte, Avril and all those other sucky bands punk music.
4. Speaking Swedish
5. the pop-up commercials at pr0n sites.

Flame Boy
25-05-2005, 22:29
1. Happy couples
Yes, I see them smugly kissing at the train station, and I'm not going to close my eyes and risk falling onto the tracks just so I don't have to see their infuriatingly self-obsessed displays of affection. I'm a jealous hypocrite and until I manage to get out of the trap that is single life, I'm going to be grinding my teeth in frustration at people who wind me up so much it hurts, and they're not even trying.
2. Valentines Day
Next year I'm going to sharpen the edges of all the cards in the gift shops... Oh yes...
3. Music-R&B, Dance music, pop music, garage music, and most rap music.
I'm sorry, but I get sick of chavs and pseudo-chavs wandering about listening to the most irritating music I can imagine, and old ladies saying "I thought you were such a nice man" when I tell them I listen to rock and heavy metal music. I also get really irate at the people that complain about "Nu-Metal", or any rock/metal band founded after Blacksabbath... To be honest, I just don't care, I won't listen to my Metallica albums in public if I get to destroy any radio I hear playing Will Young or "Blazin' Squad" on it... (I shall do so cackling mischieviously)
4. Hypocrites and the self-obsessed
Needless to say, I don't rate myself very highly either.
5. Crowds.
I swear, I'm going to buy myself a wheelbarrow and modify it into a snowplough-like contraption to scoop people out of my way. This includes those people that try to press-gang you into signing your life away in the name of a charity you haven't even heard of.

Sharky
26-05-2005, 16:53
1. Angsty teenies and twenty-somethings who are ever so certain that they know everything from politics to how children should behave in public.

The next four are exactly the same.

Sojourner
26-05-2005, 17:01
Yes, I see them smugly kissing at the train station, and I'm not going to close my eyes and risk falling onto the tracks just so I don't have to see their infuriatingly self-obsessed displays of affection. I'm a jealous hypocrite and until I manage to get out of the trap that is single life, I'm going to be grinding my teeth in frustration at people who wind me up so much it hurts, and they're not even trying.

Jesus man, get a prostitute or something. Much angst I sense in you, yes?

PSD
26-05-2005, 18:01
1. People taking time off work for "depression" and "stress". The vast majority wouldnt know either problem if it walked up and knocked their teeth out. Its this decades "bad back".

2. Political Correctness, and people getting on their moral high horse.

3. The general filth that we consider society in general. Walking through town fills me with a deep sense of loathing.

4. People who apply negative connotations to those who choose to read for leisure.

5. Liars.

venusianfurs
26-05-2005, 18:21
1-2. Ringtones.
3-4. Simon Pegg.
5. TBC

alterion
26-05-2005, 19:07
7)Angsty teenies or twenty-somethings who are ever so certain that they are funny when they really arn't and cleary have a knack for deliberatly trying to start arguments..

lredman
26-05-2005, 19:55
1) that ********* Crazy Frog and all other mindless novelty pop songs and the people who buy them.

2) Sensationalist journalism.

3) Extremists - all of them.

4) All children - they're cocky, ignorant and generally ********* irritating.

5) Hollywood Americanising history.

A good example being the film that came out a few years ago (the name of which I have now blanked out of my memory), which consisted of a load of Americans capturing an enigma machine during World War 2. Absolutely shocking

Justicar Jacob
27-05-2005, 10:39
1. Those kids who whine about their parents and think the whole world is against them. They listen to good charlotte, my chemical romance, and aviral lavigne. They write that cheese poetry. And think they are diffrent but they all look exactly them same. They don't belive in the idea of god because the originaly thought that god was there to pamper them and make life perfect, but something bad happend to them and they renounced faith.

2. Anyone who disses our(any of them, U.K., U.S.A.) armed forces. Congrats, you have the right to bitch about people who died to give you that right. Perhaps you should relize who gave you that right and have more respect. (My previous statment was messed)

3. Rap, R&B, Dance, pop and anyone who is associated with that (exept the hate of it).

4. All the fanatic left wing liberal people who think peace is the answer for mental religeious fanatics. The kind who would demilitarize the USA in our time of need for more armed forces. The kind who support the idea gays/balcks/whites are diffrent with hate crime laws and Poloitical correctness.

5. Peope who feel they must earn respect by fighting/ being rude/mean. Mainly chavs, wiggers, and neds.

I know it's top 5 but this has to be added to the list.

6. Anyone into the whole gangsta thing. Especialy how "gangstas" are extremely rasict and that is not recognized. They cause people suffering, ruin many things (families, lives). They are terrorists and deserve a terrorist's fate.

Uhhh... I'm 14 and don't do that leet crap or talk during movies. Nor do I act 'black' (such a retarded and pointless steryotype).

PBGhost
27-05-2005, 11:00
Especialy how black people are extremely rasict and that is not recognized.

Wow, aren't we a hypocrite today? Damn racist blacks.

Lord Lucifer
27-05-2005, 11:19
2. Anyone who disses our(any of them, U.K., U.S.A.) armed forces. Congrats, you have the right to bitch about people who died to give you that right. Any and all of you who do that can just die.
Alright, let us explore the concept of irony.

Those in the armed forces died in the belief that they are protecting peoples rights to freedom of expression etc., including, as you note, the right to bitch about people that died for them.

People exercise that right by bitching about the military. It may not be tasteful, but they're making use of the right that others have died in the name of.

Other people invoke those who have died, to remove the right that the soldiers have died for...

Now, can we find irony in that process there?

Soldier Bob dies for freedom of speech.
Fred invokes freedom of speech to speak out against the military
John invokes the memory of Soldier Bob to stop Fred exercising the freedom of speech that Soldier Bob died for, thereby making Soldier Bob's death meaningless, in Soldier Bob's very own name

BANG, there's my hate number one, thankyou for coming ;)
Please hold for 2 through 5

Now, I'd like to see more light-hearted invective on this thread, as the first post hoped for.
This thread may rapidly spiral in the direction of Deletion and Strikes otherwise.

Sojourner
27-05-2005, 11:24
Wow, aren't we a hypocrite today? Damn racist blacks.

It's true though. When blacks are racist, and a lot are, nobody says a word.

Lord Lucifer
27-05-2005, 11:44
But they're not saying it here. WE'RE here saying these things, and racism is not on the Replacement Forum Charter.

Can we consider the topic of racism vs. reverse-racism closed for the purposes of this thread? Basically before it becomes a problem...

Cheers
-Lucifer
Forum Moderator

Odin
27-05-2005, 12:48
Soldier Bob dies for freedom of speech.
Fred invokes freedom of speech to speak out against the military
John invokes the memory of Soldier Bob to stop Fred exercising the freedom of speech that Soldier Bob died for, thereby making Soldier Bob's death meaningless, in Soldier Bob's very own name

BANG, there's my hate number one, thankyou for coming

Well said indeed!

venusianfurs
27-05-2005, 14:25
7)Angsty teenies or twenty-somethings who are ever so certain that they are funny when they really arn't and cleary have a knack for deliberatly trying to start arguments.. 8) People who take things that bit too seriously? Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but I was only joking (although I actually do find Simon Pegg annoying) and wasn't trying to start an argument - there are easier ways. Plus a few of your own choices sound quite angsty, even if they are true.

The boyz
27-05-2005, 16:27
1) People who cant handle there alcohol and then want to start a fight.

2) People who pinch stuff belonging to you and then when you ask for it back deny all knowledge of ever taking it.

3) People that dont except that they are indeed wrong even when you prove that they are wrong.

4)People who say they will turn up at a certain time, date etc, but never actually do or are always late.

5) People who have no manners, what so ever. By this I mean, if I say good morning to someone and they dont acknowelodge (sp) this. Or are just generally rude.

tzeentchgiant
27-05-2005, 17:12
acknowledge, no e in the middle,

I also agree with pretty much everything everyone has posted.

Maybe there should be a grand high list of things to avoid doing on portent if you want to get along with everyone.

E.G don't dress up a like a giant spider go round to peoples houses and shout boo.

My restraining order prevents me from doing what common curtesy would prevent anyway. :p

TG

venusianfurs
27-05-2005, 17:28
acknowledge, no e in the middle,TG
What do you mean?

The boyz
27-05-2005, 17:47
What do you mean?

Yeah sorry didnt really explain number five very well. What I mean by this is that when you say "Hello" to someone or "Good morning", Its common manners and polite, for that person to say "Good morning" back "how are you" etc.

I generally say "Hello" or "Good morning" to people who I dont know but reconize there face. Generally I see them in the pub or the Con club, so they recongnise me and say "Hello" or "Good morning" etc back. But there is a couple of miserable gets who just ignore you, evem though I was probably talking to them the nite before.

alterion
27-05-2005, 18:16
venusian furs i wasn't directing that at you twas at sharky who was trying to disrupt the thread sorry if you got the worng end of stick

Serpent
28-05-2005, 07:25
My top five issues (in no particular order - all qualifies as #1):

1) My own lack of self control.
Why do I pass by my ex's house every time I'm in the vicinity with a heavy heart? I have a girlfriend. Whom I love. Why do I want to get back with M? It's been over a year since I broke up with her! I must be freaking nuts...

2) My current education.
If you're supposed to help us become teachers in the very near future, how about some actual pedagogical practices? And what's this about spending another six months writing two papers when we could be out on schools getting more training for what's goiunbg to be our actual livelyhood for the next 30-40 years..?

3) Docu-soaps.
And the "celebrities" generated by them. :wtf: This must be a sign the day of judgement is upon us...

4) Abusers.
Rapists, women-beaters, psychos. (One of my friends was raped last autumn. She has been raped and beaten before, and no-one (in the police) has ever believed her. I love this system.)

5) Zealots.
I don't care whether you support Christianity, Right-wing, Left-wing, or the bloody local football team. If you tell me I'm less worth because I don't have the same opinion/faith/colour/sexual preference as you do, I will become quite abgry.

Serpent

Dakkagor
28-05-2005, 09:59
1. Needles. Great googly moogly I hate needles, and all they entail.
:shudder:

2. Chavs. All of them. They are a loathsome sub species that deserves to be exterminated in a vast swathe of fire and death. Bring on the imperial occupation, cause the chavs will get put into the penal legions!

3. Powergamers. Especially roleplaying game twink munchers. Also, anyone who fails to follow the rules, and cheats to win. Cheating is one way of seriously ticking me off.

4. Reality TV. Just awful and cringeworthy. The "celebrities" it generates are worse. Who the hell is that ugly slapper Jane Goodie? What contribution has she made to sciences or the arts? Has she even starred in a movie, and if she has, why do I want to see her ugly mug plastered over every ******* newspaper in the country? ARRGH!

5. The culture of celebrity. I don't care that some stupid celebrity is up the duff, or engaged, as much as I care about some chav down the road splitting up with her boyfriend the drug dealer. I also hate celebrities who are celebrities for no reason. Like Jordan.

Edit:

3-4. Simon Pegg.

NOOO! How can you hate that walking incarnate god of comedy? How? HOW! :eek:

lredman
28-05-2005, 20:20
The culture of celebrity. I don't care that some stupid celebrity is up the duff, or engaged, as much as I care about some chav down the road splitting up with her boyfriend the drug dealer. I also hate celebrities who are celebrities for no reason. Like Jordan

I so agree with this statement. Death to the culture of celebrity!

nevermore
29-05-2005, 10:35
This is my first post so here goes....

1, Beetles that are big enought to not only bite me, but also deliver a decent left hook to the jaw. :cries:

2, Chavs who, without fail, will ask me to go into the off licence for them to purchase huge quantitys of cheap "tramp" cider or lambrini!!

3, Raw eggs, how anyone can eat eggs with runny yolks is beyong me.

4, Extreme left or right wing newspapers.

5, people who do not was themselves everyday, and then sit by me on the bus/train

geoffkemp
29-05-2005, 11:02
I so agree with this statement. Death to the culture of celebrity!

Aggreed as well

Itis just the whole "get losers off the street" thing is getting tired.

Adept
29-05-2005, 11:46
Whinge whinge whinge. Bitch Bitch Bitch. Whine whine whine

Firstly, I hate it when folks edit my posts.

:p

Secondly, I hate inconsistency. People who say they hate cars, and yet depend on cars in various forms for their transport. You genuinely hate cars? Then walk every where. And refuse to associate with anyone who must drive in order to meet you. You and all your mates can have a grand old time walking everywhere!

Thirdly, I hate people who refuse to look at things objectively. Break it down, take it apart, and seperate emotional drivel from actual facts. Please.

Fourthly, I hate people who insist they know better than me how I should live my life. This mostly refers to governments and councils who insist I, and the general public are too dangerous to own firearms, too irresponsible to use recreational drugs that don't have government taxes on them, neighbours who insist they know how hard we should party and how long our lawns should be, etc.

Fifth and lastly, I hate people who are so insecure they constantly feel the need to prove to others, and indirectly to themselves, how important, powerful and intelligent they are. Not only does no one really care, everyone thinks you are a tool for bringing so much attention to yourself.

Kohhna
29-05-2005, 12:15
Firstly, I hate whiney little bitches like Shadowheart. You don't like cars? Oh, poor baby. Cry me a frickin river.

Oh you don't like inconsistency eh?
You are criticising someone for being bitchy on a forum thread that is one big bitch fest. C'mon.

Alright
1, Requim for A Dream, I bloody hate that film yet loads of people love it. "Oh its so profound, my and all my friends cried when we watched it and we are all 13 stone bikers who sell crack for a living and beat up old people for kicks". Get off it, it isn't profound its a victorian morality tale pasted into the present and all the accompanying visual trickery is just pointless and distracting. I was never so relieved as when I heard that Aronorfsky had left the Watchmen movie.

2, Ignorant people, OK some people are not naturally gifted with the smarts but there are some among tham who have a go with what they have, then there are people who are deliberatly ignorant. These people can be found in all social and economic stratra and every society, and I hate tham all.

3, Bad movie adaptations, Recent hitchhikers guide film being a case in point. I hate these because a bad movie adaptation can bury the reputation of the book/ comic/ radio play/ whatever it was based on. Movie adaptations in particular as they are more pervasive than almost any other medium.

4, Saint Bob Gelfdof. He swans around like he bloody know everything and yet he has probably done as much harm as good, most of the money from live aid ended up with the Ethiopian army, whose war against the northern tribes caused the famine in the first place, not drought and / or global warming as was widely proported at the time. And he is worse in this regard than Bono because Bono is evidently a stupid ****** who politicians can wheel on to their podium at the party conference and act like they are all concerned, whereas St. Bob comes across as more credible.

5 already? I could keep going for a while. Number five would have to be myself. basically because I am so lazy and ineffectual, I might get my act together one day but until then I just waste all my time on ****, what am I still doing here I should be going to work any minute now. crap, BYE

Kohhna Out.

TheSonOfAbbadon
29-05-2005, 12:28
1. Chavs.

2. George W. Bush.

3. USAmericans, mainly the stupid, fat, and pro-bush ones.

4. People who call people from the USA 'Americans', to me 'Americans' refers to anyone from North and South America.

5. Idiots in general.

Adept
29-05-2005, 12:32
Oh you don't like inconsistency eh?
You are criticising someone for being bitchy on a forum thread that is one big bitch fest. C'mon

It's not complaining I don't like. Everyone has a greivance and only through complaints do people get things fixed.

I guess I should be more specific. Shadowheart's post, in particular, ticked me off. It just came across as a whiney, inner-city out-of-touch, angsty teenage bitch-fest.

Lord Lucifer
29-05-2005, 14:09
Adept, no directly insulting other forum users.
You can disagree with people, but there's no call for derogatory remarks

Official Warning served, back to surfing

-Lord Lucifer
Forum Moderator

Bubble Ghost
29-05-2005, 14:33
Light-hearted post shock!!

Things I hate:

1. Ainsley Harriot

2. Reality television

3. The Bristol accent - a variant of West Country developed during World War II for short-range anti-personnel use

4. The fact that my old PlayStation's analogue (sorry, "analog") pad doesn't work with some of my PS2 games and I'm going to have to buy a second Dualshock 2. For a while there I thought my PS2 was the single most efficient purchase I'd ever made

5. People who get sarcasm and irony mixed up. I want to kill them all!

That's today's list anyway. Be different this time tomorrow I would imagine.

Adept
29-05-2005, 14:59
Adept, no directly insulting other forum users.
You can disagree with people, but there's no call for derogatory remarks

Official Warning served, back to surfing

-Lord Lucifer
Forum Moderator

Duly noted.

However, in my defence I later clarified my position to indicate I was attacking the post, and not the poster.

Norminator
29-05-2005, 15:15
Top five most hated:

1) Crazy Frog (die!!!)

2) Spam emails

3) Cauliflowers (damned mutant cabbages!)

4) Worms (If you must know, I'm Scoleciphobic)

5) Bullying

Shadowheart
29-05-2005, 18:24
Secondly, I hate inconsistency. People who say they hate cars, and yet depend on cars in various forms for their transport. You genuinely hate cars? Then walk every where. And refuse to associate with anyone who must drive in order to meet you. You and all your mates can have a grand old time walking everywhere!

First of all, there's no inconsistency in hating something and yet depending on it. Secondly, you're wrong in presuming I depend on cars. Here in the Netherlands, getting around without a car is perfectly well possible, because there are other forms of transportation. If it's too far to go by foot or by bicycle, then the train will very probably get you there. Most of the time, there's an easy enough alternative to taking the car, which a lot of people can't be bothered to look for. In spite of all those bikes and trains, the air in the Netherlands is some of the most unhealthy in Europe.

What I hate isn't so much the cars themselves but the mentality they represent. I'm not opposed to or afraid of technology (or I'd avoid the internet), but people should know when and how to make use of it. Just because is a car is the fastest and easiest way to get somewhere doesn't mean it's the best way. Walking isn't to be scorned if it comes to that, but as I noted there are other alternatives.
And finally yes, you will be unable to go to some places and do some things without the use of a car. If you can't live with that, then you're being a whiny bitch.

Twisted Ferret
29-05-2005, 22:33
Nothing wrong with cars, merely their overuse. And those great big SUV things... yes, I think I'll put that on my list.

1.) Illogic. People who insist on saying they're right "becuz ur just rong!!1!11". Like some other person said, disentangle your emotions from the issue and try to look at it objectively. If you can't find a logical reason for what you believe then don't believe it. That sort of thing.

2.) Those huge, gas-guzzling, smog-blowing SUVs driven by middle-aged bitches with dyed blond hair and $300 cell phones.

3.) People who can learn but won't. I KNOW most people are my school are capable of figuring out the difference between "their" and "there", but they're just too damn lazy and ignorant to do it. On a related subject, all "netspeaking". Typing "you" instead of "u" and using apostrophes doesn't take that much longer.

4.) Space Wolves (for betraying my Sons) and Blood Angels. Gah! EVERYONE plays Blood Angels! >=(

5.) The shallowness of people. They're all such idiots! Go to a party and just look at them all. Go to a city and really see the seething mass of humanity. Look at our values, our popular cultures, our TV shows... it's all so stupid and pointless and depressing.

Edit: 6.) Making stupid typoes.

anarchistica
30-05-2005, 01:33
In spite of all those bikes and trains, the air in the Netherlands is some of the most unhealthy in Europe.
*cough* (how appropriate here ;)) 3rd most densily populated country in the world *cough*

And the whole thing about trade being big here and yadayada.

Oh, and on topic...hmm...

5. Pouring rain in weekends and vacations, scorching sun while at work in the sweaty packed factory or whatever.

4. Poorly informed peope like reviewers who say that "Make Yourself" was Incubus first album, people who believe the countless urban legends and generally people who pretend to know stuff while they're completely clueless.

3. Lack of originality. Have you seen Magic The Gathering these days? Their idea of "new rules" basically is repeating stuff that appeared on a handful of cards and slapping some completely related by cool sounding Asian term on it. Not to mention most of the flavour text since, say, Visions. And the art has been reduced to "just some picture anyone could draw". All art looks similar, it's not like in ye olde days when you could recognize a Phil Foglio, Doug Schuler or Ron Spencer from a mile away. Lack of creativity is also the new thing in tv/movie land. Every movie has to be a trilogy and i think they've actually got Big Brother 6 somewhere. And don't get me started about Gav Thorpe's "stories". :p

2. Lack of honesty and integrity, and abuse of privileges. Ann Coulter, Bill O' Reilly, George Bush and the various (ex-)dictators around the world are very annoying. Especially the first 3 are quite sad, as they did grow up in a semi-civlised country. Lying just to get support for your barbaric views is so Arabian World, please don't do it, my tummy aches from all the laughning. Besides this there are also organisations that specialise in being dishonest, hypocritical and completely devoid of integrity. Number 1 is the Vatican. Gays are bad, abortion is murder but hushing up child abuse since the 1950's is of course totally what god had in mind. The same goes to a lesser extent to all the other barbaric sects out there. Another shining example of mankind's achievement is the UN, perhaps slightly tending to the African members here. Millions of people were murdered in Rwanda, Darfur and countless of other wars and where was the UN? It's sad to see the African UN members not doing much, but the Western world has profited so much from this continent that at least it should try to do more than send money to corrupt governments. The rest of the world's politics you cn consider as being guilty to the afformentioned as well. Oh, and everyone who's into advertising.

1. Stupidity. People who think Anarchists have anything to do with anarchy or chaos (it's a socialist/communist ideoligy, if you didn't know ;)). People who buy into populistic nonsense (50% less government!). People who think criminals should only be punished and not rehabilitated. People who think having the right to bear a gun makes you safer. People who cannot even remotely grasp that the bible, koran and all that stuff was written oh so very plainly by humans. More specifically, people who didn't fell to the floor laughing when they read Leviticus ("the Levitites aren't allowed to work and they don't get any ground. Instead, everyone else has to provide for them and all they do is 'perform sacrifices to Jahwe', which involves burning food...which other people obviously aren't allowed to see!"). People who never wondered why god took so long to get earth done (5 days), while he created the countless of other planets in less than 1 day. People who don't even bother to read their holy book (right), so they think it indeed says gay people are evil and abortion is murder. Kids who fink speeling lik dis i5 kewl!!!111 People who don't understand why it's curious that Junior Bush starts a war while Sr Bush happens to have heavily invested in weapons industry stock. People who didn't even know France was against the third Gulf War because they were trading with Saddam. People who don't ever wonder why over 1500 Americans got killed in Iraq, while only 2 Dutchmen lost their lives there. Semi-extremist leftist parties who can't keep their ideal and reality apart. Kids who think Jar Jar was funny. People who think George Lucas can direct. People who complain endlessly about either on the net. People who buy brand clothes because of peer-pressure. Americans who don't have a TiVo. People who think fashion matters. People who think sports matter. People who have endless discussions about specific metal genres. People who have endless discussions about what bands do and what bands don't belong to those genres. People who proclaim to know who was the best in an "open competition". People who don't read. Half the world-population. The other half too, to a lesser extent.

Etc. :p

nevermore
30-05-2005, 12:05
i have a new 5!!!

1. ******** who approach me in the pub, asking if i have a "spare ciggerette (sp)"
no, you stupid knob, i dont.

2. ******** who ask for 50p for the bus home, your going to spend it on crack or tramp cider you loser, i will give you 50p if you run under the bus. :mad:

3. ******** who ask me for a a pen while im working in the library, if you forgot your pen what makes you think you have the brain power to use one?

4. ******** who stop me on the street begging for some stupid charity, i dont care if some ******* has cancer/aids/starving kids etc. :cries:

5. ******** who think that i will give them the correct directions when they ask. :angel:

Wez
30-05-2005, 13:16
1. ******** who approach me in the pub, asking if i have a "spare ciggerette (sp)"
no, you stupid knob, i dont.

[...]

3. ******** who ask me for a a pen while im working in the library, if you forgot your pen what makes you think you have the brain power to use one?

4. ******** who stop me on the street begging for some stupid charity, i dont care if some ******* has cancer/aids/starving kids etc. :cries:

5. ******** who think that i will give them the correct directions when they ask. :angel:

******* (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=*******)

A thoroughly contemptible, detestable person.

Does anyone else see any irony between what nevermore considers an ******* and what he posts?:p
@Mods: Will edit post if it's deemed as strikeworthy, but also checked with mod before posting.
-Wez

nevermore
30-05-2005, 13:21
Has wez ever had dealings with the beggers in liverpool and its university?

wanderingblade
30-05-2005, 13:23
Theres either some massive irony going on, or some massive stupidity.

I'm not overly fond of any of the mentioned, but to call them ********s for having some hope in their fellow man and his generosity? Oh dear...

tzeentchgiant
30-05-2005, 13:27
nevermore, you bring shame on humanity, I still have hope for good things happening, please don't take that away from me

TG

nevermore
30-05-2005, 13:29
your not telling me you give money to them are you? That just encourages them to continue with their lifestyle if you want to help them tell them to get a job or a least a stronger hygeine regime.

wanderingblade
30-05-2005, 13:37
Because collecting money for charity or not knowing the way to somewhere makes you a tramp!

Put bluntly, your actions are completely without generosity or magnaminity. Fine, thats a person's choice, but to make out those in need are the ********s... no.

Please explain how in the devil's name asking for money for charity makes you a bad person? Other than daring to enter your self-absorbed, narcissistic world of course.

nevermore
30-05-2005, 13:46
what gives charity collecters the right to stop and annoy people? If i wanted to give to charity i would do it without some annoying person stopping me in the street with a damm clip board.

Bubble Ghost
30-05-2005, 13:52
Christ, forgetting something means you're stupid? I guess I must be the most idiotic person in the world. Damn me and my ******* ways.

*immediately regrets getting involved but couldn't resist it*

wanderingblade
30-05-2005, 14:04
what gives charity collecters the right to stop and annoy people? If i wanted to give to charity i would do it without some annoying person stopping me in the street with a damm clip board.

Then. Don't. Stop.

Just say "Sorry, not interested" and go your way. Don't know where you live, but everywhere I've been and all I've talked to don't physically grab you and make you stop. They don't suddenly grab tranquiliser guns and lassoes and go after you if you walk on by.

nevermore
30-05-2005, 14:10
Then. Don't. Stop.

Just say "Sorry, not interested" and go your way. Don't know where you live, but everywhere I've been and all I've talked to don't physically grab you and make you stop. They don't suddenly grab tranquiliser guns and lassoes and go after you if you walk on by.

LOL, in liverpool they walk in front of you and you almost trip over them, even when your carrying 10 bags and want to just get home they stop you and the only thing feasible to do at that point is to glare at them while shouiting random insults.

Samoth
30-05-2005, 15:00
People who say "omg, my music is good and your's is shat!"

Some people like nu metal/rap/urban/pop/dance/metal/whatever.

And on the same point, people who think that their view is the one everyone else should hold.

Tomasaurus
30-05-2005, 15:18
1. Guns, hate them.
2. Racism.
3. When someone automatically assumes a person is a Ned/"Gangsta" because of how they dress.
4. Having to explain I don't drink alcohol/smoke weed at parties.
5. People who stereotype the homeless.

Along with that last one, how is hearing "Get a job ****" a good way to lift someones spirits and get them out of a slump? Its pretty hard (atleast in my area) to get a job, especially if you have no place to bathe and if you don't look very clean.

I for one give money to the homeless, as I know if I was in need I'd feel good about people if they gave me some spare change or a cigarette(if I smoked) and I know some of them really do appreciate it.

wanderingblade
30-05-2005, 15:21
LOL, in liverpool they walk in front of you and you almost trip over them, even when your carrying 10 bags and want to just get home they stop you and the only thing feasible to do at that point is to glare at them while shouiting random insults.

Yes! We've found something in which London is more polite than another place in Britain! This one's gettin' remembered. If they're doing that, I can understand the hate, everywhere I've seen them they're essentially harmless gotta to say.

nevermore
30-05-2005, 15:23
i made tomosaurus' most hated list!!!

Damm thats spoiled my entire day..... :cries:

Chuffy
30-05-2005, 16:20
1) Emo - Whose idea was that anyway?

2) Teen Angst/nu metal/metal - Again, whose bright idea was that? From the shouting of Angsty Linkin Park to whatever the hell Shitknot are....it all sucks. And Man O War! Wow they're really manly, about as manly as Conan the Barbarian.

3) Text Message speech

4) Chavs, or should I say the English.

5) The fact that Americans find it funny that we English call cigarettes fags. Get over it. Words can mean more than one thing. Pretending to misunderstand 'smoking a fag' isn't funny and never was, you retards.

6) Creationists. Yeah okay, the theory of evolution is only a Theory, what makes the Bible so believeable?

7) SUV's and 4X4's. What is the goddamn point? You take up space and Bristol isn't off road. What else did you get for christmas *******?

8) The preachers in my town center. Your walking along, minding your own business and someone shouts in your ear with a megaphone; "JESUS! RAAAAARGH!" Disturbing the peace.

9) Political correctness.

10) Vernon Kay and all of Radio 1. Your all a bunch of Geordie and/or scottish gimps saying "COOL!" all the time, shut up.

11) Beer.....flavored water. Drink something stronger and stop pretending your drunk.

12) People who smoke weed and think they're utterly awesome, soft drug abuse is pussy, you're laughable. Try something stronger buddy.

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 16:28
1-Neds/Chav They really do annoy me, and they force me to adjust the way I walk home at night just so I dont have to put up with the chant of whats in the case or gees a swatch at your wee toy soliders.

2-Crazy frog Hate that stupid ring tone and the fact that it has made it to the number 1 spot in the british charts.

3-Arragont english people- I know that not all english people are arrogant, many to most of portents members are english and I think each one of them is great. Its the ones that come to Scotland and rip in to our culture, and the kilt. It is not a skirt.

4-Bullies Made my life a living hell for 10 years. Need I say more.

5-Crappy Films- There is nothing worse than paying 4 or 5 pounds to sit thorugh a really crappy fiolm for an hour or two.

nevermore
30-05-2005, 16:33
I have to add another.

6. Hedgehogs who eat my apples and drink absinthe then get pissy with me.

Lord Setra
30-05-2005, 16:39
Lol forgot to add that one to mine

Chuffy
30-05-2005, 16:40
-Crazy frog Hate that stupid ring tone and the fact that it has made it to the number 1 spot in the british charts.

I agree with you so much.

Britain is full of ******.

Cpt. Drill
30-05-2005, 16:41
Mmmm.. maybe i should join the haters group....

1. Chavs... simple enough.... and "no I 'aint' got a pound for you... and you cant look at my phone" they are literelly the dregs of society

2. PC fanatics! I make fun of minorities in an ironic sense... eg: I make fun of jews because I look remarkably jewish... I make fun of Emo kids but I dress reasonably Emo... (although i do have my limits where i will stand up and say something is wrong... a fine example from today is looking at the top ten worse album covers... number one wasnt very pc and quite morally wrong!)

3. Teenage Minorities... Teen Angst/Emo/Chavs/Rude Boys... yes your hate hate your mother and father so must listen to metal, No none of us like you or your poetry, Yes you will have fun working in McDonalds for the rest of your life and Now you arnt from the hood you arnt a gangsta' and you most sertainly arnt a pimp....

4. Grammar and spelling police... I liek my Bad spielings so bah humbug.... after all 1 4MZ |2080T

5. Christians (religous fanatics) well this isnt i ahte for christians but for the fact as i walk down the street i dont have Jews Hindus Buddists or any other religous people approaching me apart from christians.. loud christians who tell me that i am damned to hell and i should repent... no i want to buy a danish in peace... they anoy me... alot

6. Finally Bad films that are loved... two come to mind The Last Samuri.... was bork like the wind there are so many flaws also Top Gun... "you can be my wing man anyday" thats all i have to say!!!

7. Beer Drinkers.. Beer is vile its is literelly like urine and brine.. gha its horrible definatly drink something stronger!!

8. The crazy frog.....shudder

9. :cries: :D the over use of emoticons :eek:

10. Computer users (geeks/nerds) that will never leave there homes and indulge in a real convosation with real people.....

11. The excuse for smoking that they could give up whenever they want.... no you wont but you will die when your 40 so thats ok then!

The pestilent 1
30-05-2005, 16:58
Wow.
and i thought i was an egotystical arshat who hated everything and everyone with a pulse. :rolleyes:

i know this gets thrown around a lot, but everyone has a right to be what they want to be. (and while this sound stupid coming from the person who listed humanity as his greatest annoyance) have differant tastes to you!
shock horror!
i like slipknot. i like linkin park. i also like maroon 5 and classical music, colour me a damned retard but some people dont have thir heads so far up their own anal tracts that they cant appreciate differant styles of music.

Sure, i may hate religion in all its multitude of forms, but i can understand why people are religous.

sure, i may intently dislike certain styles of music, but i can atleast see talent in it!

Sure, i hate people, but i can atleast understand that there is good in everyone, even if i cant specificly see it.

and i thought that i was egotystical and opinionated.

Cpt. Drill
30-05-2005, 17:22
Well i am guessing this post is aimed at me and so... first of all you look on a post named Our 5 most hated things and you are shocked about people saying that they... HATE things....cold...

Well... about people being who they want to be.. I am all for that... But i have to get a bus to my collage with all of these minorities on and the reason i hate them is because i have just reasons... in the sense i have to defend myself and views from them... so yes anyone has a right to be what they wanted to be but as long as they dont affect me or other people in our own little worlds they are fine... so if a neo nazi walked down the road... and stabbed someone then i would judge them... nad probobly not like them.. but if some one with a swaztika walked down the road that i would not care...

Now religion you obviously didnt read my post.. i dontnhate religon far from it religous fanatics that aproach me in my little world!

Music yes i like all music in the sense i dislike rap but i do like the best of.. the same with most styles but things like man-o-war linken park slipknot are all in my musical opionion terrible!as they are not showing anything new... or any perticular talent.. as they are all very produced and not real...

also i think you will find everyone on this thread opinooanted due to the fact its what people hate!

Thud
30-05-2005, 17:31
1: Religion.
2: Racism.
3: Nationalism.
4: Political Correctness.
5: Idiots (in the original meaning of the word).

This is not up for debate. If you don't like it; tough.

Chuffy
30-05-2005, 17:32
Yes....Hate and Love are all down to opinions, therefore, people being opinionated.

13) PETA. You make me want to shoot a fox, smear it's blood all over my face and then eat it every time I hear about the latest idiotic thing you've done. Plus, your putting the welfare of animals before that of your fellow human beings, why?

14) Rude-boys and commerical rap. Rap and hip-hop is very good, if you look in the right places for it, too bad its actually hard to find and the industry is full of 'ghetto' ******. I don't care if you grew up in compton, with kids jumping up and down on a matress outside a house, shut up.

Plus I didn't know living in Clifton makes you gangsta! Nor St Pauls, if thats true then I'm a gangbanging thug, I grew up in St Pauls, yeah I'm working my way up with my fresh rhymes, they are all I have.

15) The Internet.

Hey....I've got 15 things......erm......well, 15 is a multiple of 5 I guess.

Cpt. Drill
30-05-2005, 17:33
also it has a 5 in it!

The pestilent 1
30-05-2005, 17:35
now, my little whinge-fest was focused at no-one in particular, i just find it a little stupid that people list arrogance as an annoyance, then have chavs/neds/whatever as a bunch of little scummers who should be exterminated.

those who condone breaking the law because its cool. it may not be liked, but boo-hoo if you dont like it move to a country that doesnt care for the greater welfare of its citizens.

those who bitch insesantly that england/america/bob dylonville/whatever is run by a total *****, and that they are far worse off than anyone else.
go live in saudi arabia like my unlce.
THEN tell me you have no rights!
THEN tell me you're not safe!

Adlan
30-05-2005, 17:44
People who can't take a joke
people who can't tell good fun, and apropriate insults from discrimination.

E.G.
My mate decides it would be funny to wind me up
He starts exsplaining how somthing bad he's got to tell me, how shocked he is that i don't know, and how sorry he is about it.
This continues for five minutes.
Like a fool i belive him (I'm fairly gullible, i was once triked into thinking i had taken pretty much every drug under the sun becuase i was really hungover and couldn't remember the night before)
Finally he gets to the point and states with a deadpan face.
Ad'lan-Your a Jew.

At which point i fell about laughing, because it was just so absurd that it could be somthing tobe sorry about. Unfortunatly a stupid supply teacher overheard and almost got fred expelled until we managed to explain. I don't need someone else to defend my rights. If i need help, i'll ask for it. as can (or should be able to) everyother minority.

Brimstone
30-05-2005, 17:59
OK this thread has gone on long enough and is spiralling downwards badly into flaming and sniping.

At the request of the thread starter it's now being closed.