PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Asrai, 2k

eyescrossed
24-03-2010, 23:48
Hello people, I'm new to the Wood Elves and I thought I'd post my first list to see what fellow Warseer members think of it :)

I've done a mixed list - basically half Forest Spirit, half Elves. I picked the units based on what models I like or what units I like the fluff of.

Except for Tree Kin... They're my favourite Forest Spirits fluff wise but I need a cheaper alternative for models... Perhaps Spawn with wood green stuff'd over?

Anyway, without further hindrance, my list:

Lord: Treeman Ancient with an Annoyance of Netlings and a Cluster of Radiants – 375

Heroes: Lvl1 Branchwraith with a Befuddlement of Mischiefs – 140

Lvl2 Spellsinger with a Power Stone and Calaingor’s Stave – 175

Alter Noble with light armour, shield, Helm of the Hunt, Hail of Doom Arrow
and great weapon – 158

Core: 10 Glade Guard with Lord’s Bowman – 126

10 Glade Guard with Lord’s Bowman – 126

5 Scouts – 85

10 Dryads with Branch Nymph – 132

9 Dryads – 108

Special: 10 Wardancers with musician – 187

3 Tree Kin with Elder – 215

Rare: 7 Waywatchers with Shadow Sentinel – 176

2003 points

C&C welcome :D

Preacher
25-03-2010, 00:40
Seems like a pretty solid starting point. But I have a couple suggestions.

I wouldn't put command on any of your units. The 2 lords bowman are a waste of 12 points, you'd be better off saving them. Waywatchers don't need a Sentinel, save your points. Personally I wouldn't use an Elder in the Tree Kin unit either.

If you dropped those command choices and 1 dryad (units of 8 dryads always seems to be about the best number) you would have enough to put in a great eagle, which is very useful in a WE army.

A scroll would be a nice item to have instead of the power stone. With the magic lvls you have you won't be putting out a lot of spells. I'd rather have the scroll as just in case.

10 Wardancers seems a little much, I like mine in units of 7. But that could just be a personal thing.

Overall a good list to used to using the Asrai.

Edit...sorry don't know how I forgot a Treeman Ancient is a Lord AND Rare choice so the eagle isn't much good to you. You could use the points to try to put together another dryad unit. Drop the commands and a couple wardancers should get you there.

eyescrossed
25-03-2010, 01:19
Seems like a pretty solid starting point. But I have a couple suggestions.

I wouldn't put command on any of your units. The 2 lords bowman are a waste of 12 points, you'd be better off saving them. Waywatchers don't need a Sentinel, save your points. Personally I wouldn't use an Elder in the Tree Kin unit either.

If you dropped those command choices and 1 dryad (units of 8 dryads always seems to be about the best number) you would have enough to put in a great eagle, which is very useful in a WE army.

A scroll would be a nice item to have instead of the power stone. With the magic lvls you have you won't be putting out a lot of spells. I'd rather have the scroll as just in case.

10 Wardancers seems a little much, I like mine in units of 7. But that could just be a personal thing.

Overall a good list to used to using the Asrai.

Edit...sorry don't know how I forgot a Treeman Ancient is a Lord AND Rare choice so the eagle isn't much good to you. You could use the points to try to put together another dryad unit. Drop the commands and a couple wardancers should get you there.Okay, added another Dryad unit after taking out some things.

By the way, my opponents and I always tell each other how many magic levels we are fielding and work to accomodate that (so I'll tell my friend I'm fielding 3 levels with a few bound spells) so we don't go overboard on magic. Makes sure the games are fun and aren't inbalanced :)

Having the Stave, 2 Bound Treesinging spells, another Bound spell to draw out Dispel Dice and the Branchwraith means I can pop out lots of Treesinging spells a turn, and I can use a Power Stone on a turn when I want to severely hurt an enemy unit or zip a tree in front of enemy shooting, or even move my own units in trees.

Here's my revised list:

Lord: Treeman Ancient with an Annoyance of Netlings and a Cluster of Radiants – 375

Heroes: Lvl1 Branchwraith with a Befuddlement of Mischiefs – 140

Lvl2 Spellsinger with a Power Stone and Calaingor’s Stave – 175

Alter Noble with light armour, shield, Helm of the Hunt, Hail of Doom Arrow and great weapon – 158

Core: 10 Glade Guard – 120

10 Glade Guard – 120

5 Scouts – 85

9 Dryads with Branch Nymph – 120

8 Dryads – 96

8 Dryads – 96

Special: 8 Wardancers with musician – 151

3 Tree Kin – 195

Rare: 7 Waywatchers – 168

1999 points

Dantès
26-03-2010, 04:18
I like this list a lot! Though I don't actually own Wood Elves, I've been thinking about starting them for a while, and have had a friend's army that I've been using. I have to say my favorite units are Glade Riders, Wild Riders, Dryads, and Waywatchers.

The Tree Kin have never been very good for me, I've only taken them twice and both games they were a total waste of points. Once I replaced them with Wild Riders I was much better off. I don't have the book on me at the moment, but I believe if you take out the Tree Kin you can fit a unit of 5 naked Wild Riders and 5 naked Glade riders, if you also drop the one branch nymph and make the unit of 9 dryads, 8. The Glade Riders will help a lot with baiting frenzied units and setting up charges for the War dancers and Wild Riders, as well as being able to move fast enough to support your scouting Waywatchers.

Also, a box of wild riders would be cheaper than three tree kin ;) if only by a few dollars :p

I don't know how many models you have right now, but if you get the Battleforce you'll have the Glade Riders already.

eyescrossed
27-03-2010, 05:51
I like this list a lot! Though I don't actually own Wood Elves, I've been thinking about starting them for a while, and have had a friend's army that I've been using. I have to say my favorite units are Glade Riders, Wild Riders, Dryads, and Waywatchers.

The Tree Kin have never been very good for me, I've only taken them twice and both games they were a total waste of points. Once I replaced them with Wild Riders I was much better off. I don't have the book on me at the moment, but I believe if you take out the Tree Kin you can fit a unit of 5 naked Wild Riders and 5 naked Glade riders, if you also drop the one branch nymph and make the unit of 9 dryads, 8. The Glade Riders will help a lot with baiting frenzied units and setting up charges for the War dancers and Wild Riders, as well as being able to move fast enough to support your scouting Waywatchers.

Also, a box of wild riders would be cheaper than three tree kin ;) if only by a few dollars :p

I don't know how many models you have right now, but if you get the Battleforce you'll have the Glade Riders already.
Really? I didn't think many people would like it, hahaha.

Well I added the Treekin because I really want to do a conversion of them out of either Ogres and Greenstuff or Chaos Spawn and Greenstuff, since they're by far my favourite Forest Spirits (fluff wise), which would be cheaper than Glade and Wild Riders anyway ;)

Also, I don't want this list to be too competative... I win too much with my WoC... And I'll also be vsing Dwarfs, Bretonnians or Vampire Counts with them later next week. Depending on which, I'll make minor changes to the list.

(I don't have any models yet ;))