AngelofSorrow
24-05-2005, 07:07
Nothing here to see

AngelofSorrow
25-05-2005, 06:52
Come on nothing guys i really would like some input

Puffin Magician
25-05-2005, 11:50
I don't think the good relationship with Inquisitors sits well with their possible genetic mutation [oil and water!], just explain the True Grit ability with extra training. You could also try writing into their fluff that they now hate the Iron Warriors [it's assumed, but not mentioned], and the bit about the Ultramarine vessel simply ignoring a distress signal is... odd [and very un-Ultramarinish]. Maybe they couldn't help because of not being able to get there in time, or the ever-popular excuse of Warp Storms.

Other than these minor details, the background is good and the grim tragedy fits well in the 40k universe. The bit about returning every century to pay tribute to their fallen Brothers is especially good at capturing the comradeship and honour which seem to be popular current Space Marine themes.

Typheron
25-05-2005, 13:28
The Wander the Galaxy smiting the Enemies of the Emperor with a fury that make their enemies cringe in fear.

you and every other chapter out there, not very origional and ultimatly irellivant as thats what every chapter does.

there are no scouts in an Angels army as their veterans are trained in the arts of stealth and their new recruits are provided Power Armor immediately

new recurits cannot wear power armour for some considerable time, they can only use power armour once the black carapace is installed, and this is the last process of implantation. Unloess that is your using simly just powered armour of some kind for the scouts but that seams like a bit of a waste given you would have to have a ready supply of it as well as the standard power armour.

I agree on the inquisitor thing, its just a plot device to explain your chapter and not a very good one given existing fluff on such things and the mutation thing, inquisitors tend to look into purges if any mutation is found.

AngelofSorrow
26-05-2005, 05:51
deleted by inquisition

Azhrahg
26-05-2005, 09:18
I think you should make the explanation of how the IW beat the angels a bit more explicit. Though the Iron Warriors were an entire legion when they entered the eye, it is near impossible to get even a chapter sized force out of the eye without going past Cadia. Thus the IW can't have outnumbered the angels - more probably the other way around. With the standard SM fortress being near inpenetrable even when manned by a sceleton crew, the Iron Warriors must have had some extremely powerfull spacebased weapon to blast this fortress out of existance. This could also explain how they were able to defeat a well lead planetary defence force, with very limited losses.
Also about shooting down the pods, you should also explain how this was done. Shooting down what must have been thousands of drop pods, is no small task. IW -beeing some rather sneaky gitz - could for instance have laid a trap. Leaving only one space port appear to be operable, they would create a very tempting target for the angels, as if this was taken, the IW would effectively be trapped on the planet. Therefor the entire force of angels made a direct surprise assault at the space port, dropping all pods right on top of it, to overwelm any defenders before reinforcements could be brought in. However in reality the space port had been massively boobytrapped, with huge plasma generators - think space ship size - that was overloaded within minutes after the first angels' planet fall, causing everything within miles of the space port to be incinerated - taking out the entire angel force as they landed in the inferno. The only survivors where the few deployed by thunderhawks, who could change their path.

As an Iron Warrior player this is how I would have done it. In fact my commander Lord Haearn have done something similar on the planet Zelazny shortly after the heresy, when he overloaded plasmagenerators to kill off advancing Imperial Fists, forcing them to abbandon the assault and destroy the valuable industrial planet from space instead. The entire story can be read here: http://www.samnet.sdu.dk/~rhel99/warhammer/Iron%20Warriors.htm

Feel free to use my commander as the guy who was responsible - I would love to have an entire chapter on my consience :evilgrin:

Azhrahg.

AngelofSorrow
27-05-2005, 08:53
Deleted by inquisition

TomKamakazi
28-05-2005, 15:42
I like it...

Maybe, as a little twist, drop the idea that they are back to full strength. You could limit your tac squads down to one or two, and use allied Inquisitional storm troopers as the bulk of your troops choices. Still keeping Marines in th Fast Attack, Elite and Hevy sections of your list. This shows both the Civilians following them around and the good relationship with the Inquisitors, who are out fitting the Civvies with helguns and chimeras (or rhinos if the marines are suplying the gear)

Incognito
29-05-2005, 05:56
I think most people use the concept of 'intense training' letting them use True Grit, because the thought of it being their genetic mutation that gives them bigger arms...Is just so funny as to be distinctly non-plausible.

So they're all gonna have Crapachan arms? :D

TheSonOfAbbadon
29-05-2005, 12:02
I think the bulky arms would be hidden by their armour.

The mutation sounds like a defect in the 3rd space marine implant the Biscopea, which stimulates muscle growth throughout the body.

The larger muscles would allow the marines to absorb recoil easier, giving them true grit.

wibble
29-05-2005, 12:28
You could perhaps turn the wandering the galaxy bit to be an attempt to find the IW responsible for destroying the Angels' planet, giving their wandering a purpose and some sense of endlessness as well (presumably they would have spent a while rebuilding the chapter and thus have to find the IW from nowhere). Just a suggestion to link together a couple of concerns previously mentioned.

AngelofSorrow
30-05-2005, 07:54
Deleted by inquisition

lord_blackfang
30-05-2005, 09:11
Well written and original enough, given that most ideas are already taken.

You've explained your traits and additional self-imposed disadvantages (no Scouts), you've explained any Inquisitorial Stormtroopers you might include... well done. DIY chapters that are friendly with the Inquisition are rarer that those in conflict with it!

AngelofSorrow
31-05-2005, 06:45
Thank you very much Lord Blackfang. I appreciate your input.

Please more people give me feedback

AngelofSorrow
02-06-2005, 08:26
I would love some more fed back please read through tell me what u think
thanks

Icewalker
03-06-2005, 04:27
My SM (Loyalist) chapter is hounded by the Inquisition for their crazy **** bloodlust (they absolutly HATE Iron Warriors because they bombed their homeworld to hell) and feel that what they do is in the best interest of the imperium. But their are seen as barbarians. Their pretty advanced for barbs cause they have 3 barges, fortress monastary and huge fleet.

My other SM chapter (which dates back to the heresy so it uses the Chaos rules) are the Moon Mourners who used to be part of the Alpha legion. They broke off of them after the heresy began then they were slowly turned to Chaos. eventually they threw off the shackles of chaos and tried to return to the imperium. When they neared terra, they were attacked brutally by huge imperial navy fleets and were forced to flee. They hate the imperium and everyone and everything.

For your chapter, I would say that you need to explain a little bit more as to why the IW would know why they would be using the drop pods and then when they landed they were ripped to pieces. Also, it always helps to add fancy characters like a head chaplain or a chapter master and give them some fluff. For my loyalist chapter (who likes the imperium) the Ghosts of Vhazghuel (whom are all blind except for those who operate the ships in the fleets which are strictly techpriests and servitors), their chapter master has been given lots of fluff like him helping to spearhead an assault on the EoT and stuff.

Also, your chapter being fond of this Inquisitor dude (or whatever you were trying to get at) is generally not something that happens. Most SM don't like having to work for Inquisitors. Just my thoughts and hope that I helped out.