PDA

View Full Version : What houserules for Gorkamorka?

sigur
27-03-2010, 02:50
Hi there,

I might get some people together next week for some games of Gorkamorka. Trying to prepare as best as possible, I'd like to ask you about your favorite houserules, what parts of the ruleset tend to lead to problems and generally how to make the best of the game. I'm trying to lure my pen/paper RPG group into tabletop gaming again for a bit.

ScooterinAB
27-03-2010, 12:01
Personally, I never played with any of the known house rules. Sure, we'd tweak something eher and there, but nothing big. However, there is some very good material available for some new equipment (do have a link for you though). However, one proposal I'd throw out is to require everyone to have 2 vehicles minimum. After playing some game over the summer, we came across a few rough patches because we all had 1 vehicle and tons of gear. Check out the sample mobs in the Uvver book and try basing your mobs off them.

As for legit addons, I would track down both Digganob and a few select issues of White Dwarf. Digganob really adds something to the game, and might help lure more players in. The select White Dwarves include the Mad Meks articles (new gubbinz), 3 new scenarios (including fighting a rouge dreadnought), and the Desert Perils (treacherous conditions).

How to make the best game... make sure everyone cracks a beer by the third turn. GM shouldn't be taken too seriously. I have a friend I used to play with who'd always throw me a bone or suggest a minor rule tweak (like taking a shot you forgot to do) if it meant a cooler game. He reminds me that the game is supposed to be for fun, not for keeps. Oh. And try arming a grot with a krak stikkbomb or a big choppa. That always makes things interesting.

Hope that helps.

Askil the Undecided
27-03-2010, 19:35
It's a possibility that Digganob might be (it is) in the "full Angelis experience" package I put together.

The clue is in the name.:D

sigur
28-03-2010, 14:41
@ScooterinAB: Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I'm very sure I got the WD issues with the Mad Meks article with additional vehicle gubbins (I remember a mine-layer with mines made from Warhammer shields and a speaker made from a Terminator's back and such) as well as the article about the rogue Bot (pretty sure it's the issue which also has the legendary Praetorians vs Wild Orks batrep and the article how Adrian wood built his Dread and such.

@Askil the Undecided: You're the man. :yes:

ScooterinAB
29-03-2010, 01:46
@ScooterinAB: Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I'm very sure I got the WD issues with the Mad Meks article with additional vehicle gubbins (I remember a mine-layer with mines made from Warhammer shields and a speaker made from a Terminator's back and such) as well as the article about the rogue Bot (pretty sure it's the issue which also has the legendary Praetorians vs Wild Orks batrep and the article how Adrian wood built his Dread and such.

Those sound about right. Although there was a second Mad Meks article (if you don't have it). I think it was 2 issues later.