PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts Empire

Karolinen
27-03-2010, 09:31
Greetings all Empire generals!

Im soon in a 1000pts tournament. I will face Brettonia, Beastmen, Dwarfs and Tomb Kings. One at a time.

I need som advice to help me create a well balanced force or a min/max force.

Many thanks for your advices!

castellanash
27-03-2010, 09:57
my advice would be a warrior priest and a mage or two, then either swordsmen or spearmen with handgunner detachments possibly a hellblaster for funsies if you have points spare,
a list like this used to work really well for me

ROCKY
27-03-2010, 10:06
warrior priest, lvl2mage with the lore of beasts and a scroll (just in case let him keep it by the nuts). as for ur army, a unit of knights, handgunners, wordsmen, detachment, and a cannon or two. and ur set.

castellanash
27-03-2010, 10:08
i'd take lore of metal not beasts, bretonians and dwarves plus tomb guard unit all have high armour for those nice lore of metal spells that are affected by your armour

Fay_Redd
27-03-2010, 10:58
I actually like castellanash's list. It's well rounded and would support itself easily with probably only some effort on your part with magic.

ROCKY
27-03-2010, 11:37
i'd take lore of metal not beasts, bretonians and dwarves plus tomb guard unit all have high armour for those nice lore of metal spells that are affected by your armour

i would take beast cowers over lore of metal on a single mage anyday. that one mage is not going to do much with the lore of metal except kill 1 or 2 knights here and there. also he can defend himself with bears anger etc. and as for tomb kings, WHAT armor, tomb guard are only one unit, and dwarves are gonna have loads of MR. its his choice, but all lores are good at dispatching certain units.

castellanash
27-03-2010, 19:45
I actually like castellanash's list. It's well rounded and would support itself easily with probably only some effort on your part with magic.
thanks for the support, and i dont like the lore of beasts for some reason but still its your choice mate

FORtheGREATERgood
27-03-2010, 23:25
I use a list very similar to that at 1000 points. Has great overall balance. As far as magic lores are concerned, for most opponents I go with either metal or fire as they can provide some type of support anywhere. A single vanilla unit of 5 knights is a great flanking/supporting charge unit. Also, to cover shooting, one unit of 5 outriders can lay down some serious firepower and act as a mobile firing base. Just remember that they move or fire so they do take tactics ti use successfully. Almost every game I have played with my empire, they have made their points back, usually more.

Karolinen
31-03-2010, 06:28
This is the army so far:

Heroes
Warrior priest equipped with two hand weapons. (+1 A)
Armor of meteoric iron (Save 1+) and Ring of Volans (1 use 1 bound spell)
135pts
Battle wizard equipped with 2 dispel scrolls
115pts
Battle wizard equipped with 1 dispel scroll and wizards staff (+1 dice to cast magic)
100pts
TOTAL: 350pts

Core units
19 spearmen including full command and shields. (Fights in two ranks, save 5+)
134pts

Special units
2 great cannons
200pts

Rare units
1 Hellblaster volley gun
110pts

206 pts left for a 2nd core choise. I think i choose knights.
Maybe get rid of one cannon and get som pistoliers and/or detatchments

Conotor
31-03-2010, 13:37
Assumeing you take the knights, 2 combat units is not enouf. You need at least 3 blocks that can fight an enemy head to head.

2 wizards will probly be wasted against dwarves and tomb kings, and your artillery will not have a huge effect on beast men.

I would recommend you drop the mages or the great cannos for more infantry. With 200 ish points you could get another unit of 20, + a detachment.

Karolinen
17-04-2010, 13:58
Now, the army i ready for battle. I will face wood-elfs, bestmen, tombkings and goblins in the tournament 1000pts.

Heroes

1 warriorpriest, meteoric iron and ring of volans

1 battle wizard, 2 scrolls

Core

23 spearmen full cmd + 10 handgund detachment

20 swordsmen full cmd + 10 helberds detachment

6 knights full cmd + war banner

Rare

volley gun

996 pts

The priest goes along the swordsmen and the wizard in the spearmen unit.
Volley gun on one flank, troops in the middle and knigths on the other flank.

The Empire Strikes back!

castellanash
17-04-2010, 17:18
i would have taken a second set of handgunners but you'd get less than 10, i do have a preference for shooting though

Karolinen
17-04-2010, 19:44
Heroes

1 warriorpriest, meteoric iron and ring of volans (90+25+20)

1 battle wizard, 2 scrolls (115)

Core

20 spearmen full cmd + 10 handgun detachment (140) + (80)

20 swordsmen full cmd + 8 handgun detachment (145) + (64)

6 knights full cmd + war banner (203)

Rare

volley gun (115)

=997pts

castellanash
17-04-2010, 22:33
much more like my type of list. good luck with it

librisrouge
17-04-2010, 22:36
One last thing. It might be worth it to drop one thing (maybe a single handgunner) to take a great weapon or another hand weapon on the priest so he can fight competently. Two str 4 attacks aren't much on that character.

Armond
18-04-2010, 00:30
One last thing. It might be worth it to drop one thing (maybe a single handgunner) to take a great weapon or another hand weapon on the priest so he can fight competently. Two str 4 attacks aren't much on that character.

Agreed, something wtih S6 is always nice to have...

I do like the list however! ;)

Karolinen
30-06-2010, 18:25
Hi again!

Now I have reached the final in the tournament. I used the armylist above and won against goblin army and beastmen army. I did pretty well against tombkings and lost, a masacre, against wood-elfs. This took me to the 2nd place in the game. In the final i will meet the wood-elfs again but now 2000pts.

I will soon put it out on the forum to hear all of your wisdom:-)

Karolinen
30-06-2010, 18:27
we still use the "old" edition not the new one in the final!