PDA

View Full Version : 132 point WoC challenge!

Eternus
29-03-2010, 11:28
Ok, I have almost picked a 2500 point army, but have 132 points left - what do I spend it on?

Army currently looks like this (vs Skaven by the way):

Tzeentch Lord on Steed
Tzeentch Exalted Battle Standard on foot
Lvl 2 Slaanesh Sorceror

2 x 12 Warriors
1 x 24 Marauders
5 Marauder Horsemen
2 x 5 Hounds

1 x 5 Tzeentch Knights with Blasted Standard

Hellcannon
Slaaneshi Spawn
Slaaneshi Giant

I have some options:

A cheap Exalted Hero

A cheap level 2 sorceror

A unit of Marauder Horsemen + more warhounds

A second Slaaneshi Spawn + more warhounds

A Chariot

A unit of Marauders

A few more Chaos Warriors

3 more Knights

What do you think?

Bladelord
29-03-2010, 11:32
6 Marauder Horsemen, MoK, flails, musician=126pts.
You could use the pts on that.

Barry "the blade"
29-03-2010, 11:39
You're gonna need to go back to the drawing board. You have 3 rare choices there unless I'm misunderstanding something.

PeG
29-03-2010, 11:51
I can see two options based on the current list.

The first would be to hang back and blast the rats with magic/hellcannon (that will most likely hit things against a horde army) and use the cav and other fast units for close combat support. In this scenario I would recomend more cheap units to help contain the huge number of rats that will be swarming over you (ie hounds and marauders).

The second option would be to try to control movement and use your fast units to destroy a selected part of the enemy before turning around against the rest of his army. In this case you need more fast things with hitting power such as more horsemen with flails and some dogs for screening (maybe more than one unit so you might want to consider dropping something else)

Eternus
29-03-2010, 12:13
You're gonna need to go back to the drawing board. You have 3 rare choices there unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Thanks for the feedback so far - this is a good point by the way, so something will have to go - Reluctantly, I think it will have to be the spawn. With the enemy being Skaven, and skaven not having overly many fast units, I think more fast stuff will enable me to out manouver them, hitting them with hard units in the front, but fast units in the flank/ rear to negate the ranks.

Cheers.

Update - Ok, dropped the Spawn, added more Hounds and more Horsemen, and a couple more Warriors. Going for a hard centre of the 2 units of Warriors (accompanied by the Battle Standard and Sorceror), Marauders and maybe the Giant to anchor the flank, with the 2 units of 5 Marauder Horsemen, Knights (including Lord) as a fast flanking sledgehammer - the 3 units of Hounds I now have will screen the Knights and Warriors, and the Hellcanon will just play merry hell.

I intend to throw the Slaaneshi Giant against the hardest enemy monster I can find - a unit of Rat Ogres or a Doomwheel or something like that would be perfect - I have used him once before and he mullered a Treeman and a unit of Wardancers, finishing on full wounds thanks to his Chomp! attack - I have faith in this boy.