PDA

View Full Version : Question: Outriders and also Khorne greater daemon question

untimention
29-03-2010, 20:07
OK two questions for warseer.

1. outriders, this may seem silly TBH but if an outrider moves can he shoot because his gun is 'move or shoot' but he is fast cav?

2. how can i kill a greater daemon of khorne?

I'm going to be facing one on Thursday and i'm either going to use my Orcs or Empire... i killed him with a beefed chaos lord but the guy i face uses the magic armour that negates and magical attacks? So im not sure how im going to kill it with weaker empire or orcs because they need magical items to become good.

Thanks warseer

Ozorik
29-03-2010, 20:11
1. No as fast cav can only ignore the shooting restrictions caused by marching, move or fire is still in effect.

2. Cannon ball(s) to the face or warrior priest on a warhorse with Van Horstmanns speculum and a great weapon.

untimention
29-03-2010, 20:29
Thanks Ozorik,

It seems silly outriders are on horses and fast cav but have a weapon that if you move can't fire... altho they do produce a good amount of fire power for 5 models.

I dont trust cannon balls so much as it can go very long. i do like this warrior priest idea i must say.... if i arm him with Van Horstmanns does he have anything magical that will stop this... god i hate daemons

Taureus
29-03-2010, 21:00
Thanks Ozorik,

It seems silly outriders are on horses and fast cav but have a weapon that if you move can't fire... altho they do produce a good amount of fire power for 5 models.

I dont trust cannon balls so much as it can go very long. i do like this warrior priest idea i must say.... if i arm him with can horstmanns does he have anything magical that will stop this... god i hate daemons

I cannot recall anything that a DoC player could take that would negate the Speculum.

danny-d-b
29-03-2010, 21:07
nope there is nothing the daemons have short of killing the guy to stop the specuam

however getting a priest in to combat with a blood therster can be dificult due to flying

I'd suregest maybe looking in to either a wizzard with lore of shaddows for steed of shaddows- a captain with peg or maybe using the orb of thunder

but there all quite predectable and due to deamons having a huge amount of DD availiable thorough core horros- I'd maybe look at instead getting the captain

Ozorik
29-03-2010, 21:30
If your opponent is unaware of the speculum it will work and DoC have nothing which can negate it (plus its funny to have a bloodthirster with 2 attacks).

Catching him will be your main problem. The captain isnt that great an idea either as he will be playing cat and mouse with the bloodthirster for most of the game (not a bad thing in itself) but he is also very vulnerable to magic, if you go this route I would suggest a silver seal to add a bit of protection.

The thing about outriders is that they have a 360 degree field of fire.

Taureus
30-03-2010, 06:17
but there all quite predectable and due to deamons having a huge amount of DD availiable thorough core horros- I'd maybe look at instead getting the captain

Those will be the most expensive dispel dice imaginable...

A unit of 26 (level 3 caster, getting +2 DD) costs 312 points (before adding in any command models).

Another 43 points for a musician, standard bearer and an Icon of Change; and the unit is over 350 points. And one casualty away from losing 1 PD/DD/spell.

untimention
30-03-2010, 07:11
He only plays as khorne and i know what he will be taking.

I'm going to include the warrior priest with a captain in a unit of inner circle knights.... the bloodthirster will come to be as this unit could take out the valuable letters so i'm using it as bate.

Again another question.... are all daemon attacks flaming?

I noticed i can take a magical item that would give me a 2+ ward save against flaming attacks.... could be useful esp with killing blow.

Atrahasis
30-03-2010, 07:32
Not all daemon attacks are flaming; the thirster's and heralds' might be if he takes a particular gift (+1S and flaming attacks).

@Taureus : 3x10 horrors = +3dd for 360 points, and you need to kill 5 from each unit before the DD go away. Plus they can cast flickering fire, which is all you really need.

T10
30-03-2010, 10:20
A great way to get extra wizards into the army and fill up you core choices at the same time. With the Demons of Chaos book we finally get core choices that are worth taking.

-T10

Milgram
30-03-2010, 13:46
With the Demons of Chaos book we finally get core choices that are worth taking.

there were great core choices before! but then chaos kinghts and chariots were moved to special...