PDA

View Full Version : Skaven@1500 for Tournament - 2nd try

Dantès
29-03-2010, 23:47
So, for the local GW I came up with a Tournament/map based campaign, and right now I'm sitting in second place. Since this campaign was my brainchild, I can't let the Daemon player win it all :p

Next week we'll be moving up to 1500 points, and I was hoping for some feedback from anyone who has a lot of competitive experience with Skaven, but all C&C is welcome and encouraged.

The way the campaign works is that we choose a character and he receives 25 points of free magic items, and can take anything from his entry as normal. The chieftain is my character. Every game/map area taken gives you experience to spend on mounts/weapons/stat boosts etc. That's why my chieftain is kitted out so strangely, and has things he normally wouldn't be able to take. But this isn't that bad...there's one guy who has a Snotling with a Dwarf mount (lololol...counts as barded...) and another Skaven Plague Priest riding a Star Dragon (and only costs 139 points...)

Chieftain ("Splinter" - yes, he is modeled wearing a robe with a two-handed staff) - Warpstone Armor (free), Poisoned Attacks, Extra Hand Weapon, 2x Dispel Scrolls, Lvl 1 Wizard (Spells of Plague)
[62]

Warlock - Lvl 2, Condenser, Doomrocket
[150]

Plague Priest - Lvl 2, Warlock Augmented Weapon
[180]

30 Clanrats - FC, Shields
[155]

30 Clanrats - FC, Shields
[155]

20 Slaves, Muso
[42]

20 Slaves, Muso
[42]

5 Giant Rats, Packmaster
[23]

5 Giant Rats, Packmaster
[23]

20 Plague Monks - Muso, Std Bearer, Storm Banner
[205]

8 Plague Censer Bearers
[128]

8 Plague Censer Bearers
[128]

Doomwheel
[150]

PD: 5 (incl. Chieftain) + 2 for army
DD: 3 + 2 for army
Drops: 10

I was planning on just buying the Battalion box, and converting the PCB's from the included Plague Monks, and I have Giant Rats from the box sets I've already purchased.

I was planning on running the Plague Monks 7x3 with the Priest in the front rank, should be a nasty unit. It'll be in the center of my battle line.

I played around with making a list last night, because I want a list I can just add a Screaming Bell to when I'm boosting to 2000, and I think I've got it here.

Again, all C&C welcome. Only thing in the list that can't change is the Chieftain!

Dantès
30-03-2010, 14:20
I just edited the list. I played around with making a list that I felt I could just add a Bell to and make it effective at 2000 points, and I think I've got it here.

I really like this list, it looks like a lot of fun, and quite competitive.

I've got some wiggle room and I just don't know what else to add short of slaves and more giant rats, but I think I have the optimal sizes for the uses I have in mind. Unfortunately I can't boost the slaves to 21 as I don't have the models.

Again, the only thing I won't change is the Chieftain. Everything else is fair game.

All C&C is welcome.

Malorian
30-03-2010, 20:50
Dropping the clanrats to 25 and dropping the plague bearers to 6 would give you points for a weapons team.

Dantès
31-03-2010, 01:03
I already have points for a Ratling Gun, or were you thinking of something more...useful? :p