PDA

View Full Version : Illuminati questions

TheSonOfAbbadon
24-05-2005, 11:01
Well, since I now know what an Illuminati is, I am now curious about them.

Can one become an Inquisitor? That's all I want to know, really.

Tironum
25-05-2005, 03:01
I would have to say no. They do have access to the Black Library and I would assume do many things to fight Chaos. But once they have gained their insight into the true nature of the universe they tend to go on their own. I also believe they are probably hunted by the Inquisition.

Dangermouse
28-05-2005, 01:25
go read the draco series of inquisition books one of them becomes a inquistor right at the end of the 3rd book i think.

Rabid Bunny 666
28-05-2005, 02:26
the illuminati are a secret order, i think the =][= are after the sensai warbands

Cloudscape_online
28-05-2005, 02:28
You wish to become an inquisitor? That's simple. Join a psuedo-masonic order.

6th degree members of the OTO are 'Grand inquisitor Generals' and that's an actual title that they carry. I think its similar to the 22nd degree in the Masons Blue lodge and Scottish Rite. I'm not so sure about the Memphis-Mizraim Rite.

The Bavarian Illuminati... wasn't that set up by Adam Weizhautz in the 1850's?

Did you know that 'Wicca' was created in the 1950's as a dumbed down version of the High Magic used by the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. Funny thing is though, serious wiccans are usually better Magickians than most HOGD members, and end up going and joining the HOGD anyway.

Cloudscape_online
28-05-2005, 03:22
wrong illuminati? Oops...you guys probably think I'm very strange right now...

Rabid Bunny 666
28-05-2005, 03:28
hehe, yes :D

the illuminati in 40k are veery different from the ones in real life

Rabid Bunny 666
28-05-2005, 03:35
As the spirit of the Emperor drifted through the warp it gradually dissolved into the flow of energy,
returning to the cosmic of the nature of the warp in its uncorrupted form. Only a tiny core of the
Emperor's humanity remained whole, like a small child bobbing upon the tide of a colossal storm in
a tiny reed boat.
Thus the soul of the Emperor was cast adrift into the warp. While the Emperor's soul survived there
was still hope for mankind. For just as the New Man had been born from the collective souls of the
shamans of old, so the Emperor's soul might be reborn one day. But the day would lie far in the
future, when the cries for a new saviour would strengthen the core of the Emperor's soul and
rekindle it into new life.
Meanwhile the soul of the Emperor was merely a potential, a child awaiting birth, the Star Child.
The humans that were left in charge of the Imperium had no real understanding of what had
happened to the Emperor. The concept that he could be born again never occurred to them. To the
rulers of the Imperium, the Emperor continues to live, though his body was broken, by means of his
indisputable powers.
Only a few select individuals learned the secret over the following millennia, and they became the
highly secret brotherhood known as the Illuminati. The Illuminati await the birth of the Star Child and
the second coming of the New Man. They know that their knowledge makes them dangerous
heretics in the eyes of the Imperium, and consequently maintain a strict secrecy over their
activities.
Meanwhile the Illuminati remains a secret force in human space, working away behind the
machinery of government, preparing the way for the rebirth of the New Man.
The Sensei
When a Champion of Khorne, Nurgle or any other Chaos Power pledges himself to the service of his
Patron Power, his very soul becomes part of the Power's energies. The Star Child also has his
Champions, known as the Sensei. Although they do not necessarily know their true identity, these
people are actually descended from the Emperor's own descendants, and their genetic structure is
similar to his. Not all the Emperor's descendants are Sensei, and almost none of them realise that
they carry genes from the Emperor or that it is this which gives them their powers.
The fortuitous combination of genes the Sensei have inherited from the Emperor makes them very
special. Their most important trait is their immortality. Although they can be killed they do not age,
and possess amazing powers of recovery. They are also protected from the Chaos Powers, and the
untainted flow of the warp can move through them unimpeded. A Sensei cannot experience hate,
bitterness, or irrational anger, because these things are part of the disharmony of the Chaos
Powers. They radiate natural confidence and harmony, and can even draw upon the energies of the
warp to use their psychic powers. Sensei do not risk attracting daemons or other malicious psychic
forces by using their powers. Being untainted by Chaos Powers they are utterly invulnerable to the
predations of the Chaos Powers. In fact because they harbour no trace trace of the emotions and
concepts embodied by the Chaos powers they are largely invisible to them.
Sensei are heroes who wander throughout the galaxy, sometimes in the company of a select band
of other powerful heroes. The psychic powers of a Sensei make him dangerous heretic in the eyes
of the Imperium, so that he and his followers risk capture and death at the hands of the Inquisition
or other Imperial forces. They are not so much the enemies of the Imperium as of Repression and
injustice in all their guises. Repression exists throughout the Imperium, much of which is justified,
but not all by any means. Wherever a Sensei appears he can be sure of huge popular support, while
the forces of oppressive goverment recognise him as an implacable foe.
The Sensei Adventurer Bands
The Imperium regards the Sensei and their followers as dangerous bandits, nihilists and psyker
who, if not actually in league with Chaos, are weakening the bulwark which the Imperium has set
against its threat.
All over the Imperium, forces are deployed to chase groups of Sensei, and in their turn the Sensei
are forced to operate as outlaws. However the conflict does not weaken the resolve of either side.
The Imperium is strengthened by the resolve of the Imperial forces, while the Sensei are spurred by
their battle against cruelty and oppression.
Sensei outlaw bands are known as Adventurer Bands. They occur all over the Imperium as the
champions of underdogs and scourge of authority. They hide in underground caverns, or deep inside
cities, or lead freedom fighters from the forest and mountains. Some sail the seas as pirates and
operate from secret islands and coves. Others sail space itself as pirates of a different kind,
boarding and robbing Imperial cargo vessels as they move ponderously between planets.
Everywhere they champion the poor against the rich, the oppressed against the oppressors. They
are brave, they are popular, and they see themselves as the enemies of both Chaos and
oppression.

hope this helps anyone new to the fluff

The_Chaos_Seer
28-05-2005, 19:05
Weren't the actual Illuminati a really small, weak group who really didn't do anything, and died out? I know little about them, just the bit I heard by randomly mentioning their 40K counterparts near my very knowledgable friend Ben, who reminds me of Nid05.

TheSonOfAbbadon
28-05-2005, 19:19
No, The_Chaos_Seer, you are wrong.

The Illumnati are people who have been possessed by daemons and then resisted it returning to normal [or as normal as you can be after possession] they can then sense daemons, and are slightly insane.

The_Chaos_Seer
28-05-2005, 19:51
No, The_Chaos_Seer, you are wrong.

The Illumnati are people who have been possessed by daemons and then resisted it returning to normal [or as normal as you can be after possession] they can then sense daemons, and are slightly insane.

I mean the actual cult created in real life, not the 40K cult, of which I was aware of.

TheSonOfAbbadon
28-05-2005, 19:54
If you want to know, create a thread in the appropriate board, not the 40K BACKGROUND board.

Fulgrim's Gimp
29-05-2005, 12:53
I would say regarding Illuminati becoming inquisitors, they can. Isn't there an old passage in one of the ROC books saying that an inquisitor Illuminati would willingly torture another illuminati to death to preserve the secret of the Star Child ?

TheSonOfAbbadon
29-05-2005, 13:05
Hmm, I do remember reading something like that in the 'Fluff link to end all fluff links' thing, although I thought that was Sensei, not Illumnati, although, it would make more sense if it was Illumnati.

Fulgrim's Gimp
29-05-2005, 13:41
I've found it, it is on page 216 of Slaves to Darkness.The article also mentions that the Illuminati would go to any lengths to protect mankind including destroying the Emperor and the Imperium.