PDA

View Full Version : New Tyrant on Dakka

Tastyfish
20-03-2005, 02:03
Rumours off dakka dakka

Hive Tyrant (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4509) also mentions that the Zoanthrope (and tyrant it looks like) is now protected in poison gas and that biovorse fire mulitple spores at once

DeathWish
20-03-2005, 02:18
Rumours off dakka dakka

Hive Tyrant (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4509) also mentions that the Zoanthrope (and tyrant it looks like) is now protected in poison gas and that biovorse fire mulitple spores at once

Jebesus you can make Carnifex's damn hard :eek:

Are there pics of the Tyrant on that page? If there are they're not loading up for me so I don't suppose anyone could move them here?

DW

Dreachon
20-03-2005, 11:31
Biovores firing multiple sporemines, that would be awesome.

But the new Tyrant looks quit different to the current model, they have taken a step back towards 2nd edition.

Dawn of the Dogs
20-03-2005, 12:08
Biovores firing multiple sporemines, that would be awesome.

But the new Tyrant looks quit different to the current model, they have taken a step back towards 2nd edition.

yeah, and it looks like boneswords are making a comeback.

Zechs
21-03-2005, 00:33
I like the head of the current Tyrant, it's more menacing (insert evilgrin here), the new ones head is so puny, even with that horn! And armed with that bonesword it looks too human, why didn't they use a simple claw or talon?

violenceha
21-03-2005, 00:48
thank god, they finaly realised the old tyrant looked a lot tougher than the spindly newer one

New Cult King
21-03-2005, 05:09
The new Nids are just awesome. When I saw the Patriarch, I groaned aloud... but these new Guards, Tyrants, Lictors (oh YES!) and Zoan are just teh sex. The Carni looks like it's gonna be hella nasty too.

I never thought I'd say this, but thank you GW, nicely done :D

x-esiv-4c
21-03-2005, 05:39
Crap, this is the last thing my empty wallet needs and my low self control, another damn 40k army!

Wraith
21-03-2005, 09:50
I think the spore generation from the spore cyst carnifex back carapace upgrade works like a Necron Tomb spider - roll a dice on a 6 take a wound etc... so the more mines you generate the more chance to injure or indeed kill the Fex.

-The bonesword is rumoured to grant a continuous Catalyst effect for the Tyrant and extents the range of the catalyst psychic power (only the Tyrant can take it).

-The Zoanthrope can have two psychic powers, and has vanes that belch out a gas containing bacteria that attack nearby organisms. This gives the Zoanthrope some bite in an assault.

-Genestealers can buy an upgrade that allows them to re-roll failed wounding rolls, but I believe he said that was only on the charge.

-It IS all nids in synapse range that get immunity to insta-kill, not just synapse creatures. He didn't specifically mention ripper swarms, but raveners and lictors and the like will benefit.

-The carnifex can buy an extra wound in addition to buying an extra point of toughness. A T7 W5 carnifex with regeneration is possible.

-Devourers range now 18"; Deathspitter 24".

-Biovores no longer Individuals. You get one unit of 1-3 and they fire as a unit. Mines explode as a Barrage using the large template if more than one.

-Zoanthropes get Warp Field and can now choose 2 additional powers instead of just one.

-New Power Shadow of the Warp makes all enemy Psychic Tests on the battlefield use 3 dice and take the two highest, no effects of the warp.

-Winged Tyranids are now treated as Jump Pack troops (like all other winged creatures). No more "you can't enter woods" silliness. Tyrants get Synapse and Horror powers free and can select only one more. Winged Tyrants limited to one and cannot take extended carapace or Tyrant Guard. Winged Tyrant have to take Warp Field to have an armor of 2+.

-Warp Field now confers a 2+/6+ Invulnerable save. Not great compared to Iron Halos and Crozus Arcanum saves, but still better than what you used to get.

-The Broodlord can take a Retinue of Genestealers. They gain Infiltrate if he does. Not being a Monstrous Creature, the Broodlord does not appear to be able to be picked out in shooting if he's in a unit like this. Broodlord is an Independent Character.

-No "Shoot the Big Ones" anywhere in the Codex that I could find. Closest Monstrous Creatures can still be targeted freely as per standard rules.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=4504&p=3

An iteresting side note, I've heard the model has no eyes, because they are completely psychically controlled by the Hive Tyrant. I can't tell from these pictures, but that is an awesome touch.

My guess would be that they are supposed to be like the giant bug equivalent of hounds following their master.

Yep. That's what the rumored new rules say about the Tyrant Guards, and these new figures back that up.

-The background is being moved forward with the 'Nids, which is how they're explaining the new studio color scheme.

Boduddley
31-03-2005, 00:34
Thank you Dakka!

Various info I gleaned from Dakka last night -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Way cool....
I think the spore generation from the spore cyst carnifex back carapace upgrade works like a Necron Tomb spider - roll a dice on a 6 take a wound etc... so the more mines you generate the more chance to injure or indeed kill the Fex.

Cooler still
-The bonesword is rumoured to grant a continuous Catalyst effect for the Tyrant and extents the range of the catalyst psychic power (only the Tyrant can take it).

Ahh some bite at last
-The Zoanthrope can have two psychic powers, and has vanes that belch out a gas containing bacteria that attack nearby organisms. This gives the Zoanthrope some bite in an assault.

The charge is the best bite...
-Genestealers can buy an upgrade that allows them to re-roll failed wounding rolls, but I believe he said that was only on the charge.

Another cool tidbit...
-It IS all nids in synapse range that get immunity to insta-kill, not just synapse creatures. He didn't specifically mention ripper swarms, but raveners and lictors and the like will benefit.

Now he will last alot longer...
-The carnifex can buy an extra wound in addition to buying an extra point of toughness. A T7 W5 carnifex with regeneration is possible.

It's cool I guess, I don't take many shooters
-Devourers range now 18"; Deathspitter 24".

Reduces our shooting odds
-Biovores no longer Individuals. You get one unit of 1-3 and they fire as a unit. Mines explode as a Barrage using the large template if more than one.

That helps if the points aren't too high
-Zoanthropes get Warp Field and can now choose 2 additional powers instead of just one.

Can't hurt things
-New Power Shadow of the Warp makes all enemy Psychic Tests on the battlefield use 3 dice and take the two highest, no effects of the warp.

That's OK I guess
-Winged Tyranids are now treated as Jump Pack troops (like all other winged creatures). No more "you can't enter woods" silliness. Tyrants get Synapse and Horror powers free and can select only one more. Winged Tyrants limited to one and cannot take extended carapace or Tyrant Guard. Winged Tyrant have to take Warp Field to have an armor of 2+.

Any save is always good...
-Warp Field now confers a 2+/6+ Invulnerable save. Not great compared to Iron Halos and Crozus Arcanum saves, but still better than what you used to get.

Can't wait to get a Broodlord...
-The Broodlord can take a Retinue of Genestealers. They gain Infiltrate if he does. Not being a Monstrous Creature, the Broodlord does not appear to be able to be picked out in shooting if he's in a unit like this. Broodlord is an Independent Character.

We can't have everything....
-No "Shoot the Big Ones" anywhere in the Codex that I could find. Closest Monstrous Creatures can still be targeted freely as per standard rules.

:cool: