PDA

View Full Version : Two quick questions

samael
14-02-2006, 10:42
I'm at work so I can't look it up.

Is the Chaos gift "plague flail" indeed as the name suggest a flail, so +2 strength for the first round of combat?

Secondly a question that a mate asked me just now and that I didn't know how to answer myself.

Does a chariot get a free pivot during his charge or does he have to wheel?
If he has to wheel this could easily take an inch or two of the charge range, but usually chariots just pivot.

Griefbringer
14-02-2006, 10:50
Is the Chaos gift "plague flail" indeed as the name suggest a flail, so +2 strength for the first round of combat?

I don't have the book here either, but as far as I can remember, plague flail does not get the benefits of mundane flail.

Flame
14-02-2006, 11:32
It says nothing about it being a normal flail, so I'd say no +2 Strength.

Chariots pivot, not wheel.

mageith
14-02-2006, 14:43
Does a chariot get a free pivot during his charge or does he have to wheel?
If he has to wheel this could easily take an inch or two of the charge range, but usually chariots just pivot.
Chron 04, 114: Chariots move as Monsters and Monsters Move: "No need to turn or wheel -- can pivot on the spot with no penalty."

samael
14-02-2006, 18:26
Chron 04, 114: Chariots move as Monsters and Monsters Move: "No need to turn or wheel -- can pivot on the spot with no penalty."

Thanks Mageith, I couldn't find it on direwolf and they would frown on it if I lugged my rulebooks to work every day.

And as far as the Plague flail is concerned, it would make him quite good for only 15 points, still, a shame. :)

athamas
14-02-2006, 21:58
as a general rule once a weapon becomes magical it loses all its previous benefits and disabilities, hence the usefull dwarf rune!

Gorbad Ironclaw
15-02-2006, 07:15
Yup, unless the rules says it follows the rules of a flail too, the name is entirelly irrelevant.

And general convention is that anything that pivots during movement, gets to pivot while charging too.