PDA

View Full Version : Worth It to Mount a Hero in a chariot? (WoC)

Krom The Eternal
31-03-2010, 02:13
Like I said would it be worth it to mount a Khorne Exalted in a chariot? Or drop the chariot and then bring 2 chariots for my specials?

CraftworldsRus
31-03-2010, 02:24
Not Khorne, I think. I would be more inclined to take Tzeentch, and avoid the Frenzy.

ChaosVC
31-03-2010, 02:54
Depends on what you want to do with it and how you are going to do with it. I find it pretty useful depending on the situation and my plans.

VonUber
31-03-2010, 05:02
It frees up a special choice and if you make him a bsb its an extra +1combat rez. But its allways a good idea to send 2 charriots in.
:)
Also he has 4S5 attacks (S7 with a flail, I'm obsessed with flails in my chaos army >.<).

Djekar
31-03-2010, 05:30
Whenever I have a character that wants to fight, I consider putting him in a chariot in order to free up some special choices, since they are at a premium in the WoC army.

That being said, points are also at a premium, and so most of the time he ends up on a barded steed.

As others have said, MoKhorne may not be your best bet, but it's not terrible either. I lean towards Slaanesh/Nurgle myself but that is only partially for the protection they offer (psychology/slight combat and ranged defense) and the rest for fluff reasons.

Ozorik
31-03-2010, 07:49
Chariots are not hard to kill potentially leaving your character alone, on foot, in the middle of the table. Its an option that I would never be comfortable taking.

Asher
31-03-2010, 09:05
How about giving the Character this S8-hit-to-enemies-in-basecontact-pendant? He can potentialy engage lots of enemies in basecontact, especiall if he gets flanked.

Sappysid101
31-03-2010, 09:09
But if he doesn't kill alot he's gonna get munched by resolution. And imo characters in WoC are far to exspensive to waste on x number of Str 8 hits in one round of combat :S

Harwammer
31-03-2010, 09:23
I've never have problems with special slots for WoC; I always seem to run out of points first! It could be my tendancy to take warriors for core that causes this.

I've never used an exalted on chariot before, I have placed caddys on chariots (I like). I've also placed unmarked sorceror lords with axe of khorne on khorne chariots (some people find this one cheesy or at least a fluff abomination).

Generally speaking I like chariot mounted heros, I use them in my beastmen too. Maybe not worth it if you come across lots of cannons though.

Peregijn
31-03-2010, 09:34
How about giving the Character this S8-hit-to-enemies-in-basecontact-pendant? He can potentialy engage lots of enemies in basecontact, especiall if he gets flanked.

could be an option if it wasn't a "models on foot only" item.
i like to give it to a random herow and than steed of shadow him into something big :D

i think a sorrcerer in a chariot works verry good. chaos chariots are verry sturdy with a t5 w4 and a 3+ as. it gives you a mobile magic missle platform (lvl 2 tzeentch mage with the book of secrets and bloodcurdeling roar)

the only thing you need to watch out for ar s7 attacks.

Poseidal
31-03-2010, 10:00
I would be inclined to keep him as cheap as possible, supporting an infantry block.

Probably giving him only a mundane weapon and shield, maybe MOS which is cheap (does it confer to the chariot though?)

Eta
31-03-2010, 10:32
I would be inclined to keep him as cheap as possible, supporting an infantry block.

Probably giving him only a mundane weapon and shield, maybe MOS which is cheap (does it confer to the chariot though?)

If you mark the hero Slaanesh, your chariot will have to be marked the same. If you keep the hero undivided, you will be able to mark the chariot Slaanesh and benefit from the mark's effects, saving five points.

@OP: I have done well with a sorcerer in a chariot for the rank breaking flank charge abilities to support my infantry. An exalted should do the job even better.

Greetings
Eta

architect
31-03-2010, 11:27
I've always liked the idea of a tzeentch bsb in a chariot with halberd and the blasted standard (as chariots tend to get shot to death) and using him mostly as a support unit

it might not be the best way to spend points, but I think it'd be a lot of fun to use. same reason I use a daemon prince.

Harwammer
31-03-2010, 11:42
If you mark the hero Slaanesh, your chariot will have to be marked the same.

Not quite; the chariot may remain unmarked. Afterall the chariot doesn't have to have the same mark, it simply may not have a different mark. Keep in mind undivided is no longer a mark this edition!

GWItheUltimate
31-03-2010, 13:06
Khorne can be quite good, you get the whole model frenzy for 15 pts (MoK on character).... that's 2A S4+ 2A S5 More for 15 pts.

But you really have to put the chariot tight in the middle of the field between two infantry regiment not to see him charge a forest and do something morron...

Tauren
31-03-2010, 13:13
Frenzied chariots are some of the easiest things to avoid frenzy with, same for your frenzied marauders. You get to turn them freely. Move them up, spin them around, face them away. There are no penalties for doing so from shooting and short of the opponent moving forward into other charge ranges there are no penalties to it for charging. When you want to charge the next turn, position such that you are guaranteed the charge.

Ozorik
01-04-2010, 22:06
Frenzied chariots are a really bad idea. All that is needed to effectively remove them from the game is some skirmishers in some woods, even if the chariot survives the crash it wont be doing anything useful for the rest of the game.

Witchblade
01-04-2010, 22:57
I never run out of special slots, so I always prefer 2 chariots over chariot + exalted. They're much better in tandem anyway. Together they can bait, counter-charge and multi-charge.

GWItheUltimate
02-04-2010, 01:32
Frenzied chariots are a really bad idea. All that is needed to effectively remove them from the game is some skirmishers in some woods, even if the chariot survives the crash it wont be doing anything useful for the rest of the game.

That won't happen if you deploy it between two infantry regiments far from a wood...

snottlebocket
02-04-2010, 02:59
That won't happen if you deploy it between two infantry regiments far from a wood...

Well at that point your opponent is already dictating what you do with your troops. A pretty good first step to victory for him.

Eta
02-04-2010, 09:13
Well at that point your opponent is already dictating what you do with your troops. A pretty good first step to victory for him.

Easy solution, do not play enemies with skirmishers or do not use woods :p
A unit of hounds for screening could do the trick - not that I would play with a frenzied chariot myself, the cost to get the additional four attacks are a bit too high.

Greetings
Eta

Tauren
02-04-2010, 13:18
No offense... but you're both just being debbie downers. He puts his skirmishers into the forest. You either have a threat to deal with them or they continue to harrass you. Secondly why would you ever end your move on your chariot pointing it towards or in the general direction of any enemies if you don't want to charge?

Again, same with frenzied fast cav in this army (khorne marauder horsemen), move them up, turn them around. It's not that hard people, stop making excuses for poor play and absolutely retarded attempts at theoryhammer.

Eta
02-04-2010, 13:38
No offense... but you're both just being debbie downers. He puts his skirmishers into the forest. You either have a threat to deal with them or they continue to harrass you. Secondly why would you ever end your move on your chariot pointing it towards or in the general direction of any enemies if you don't want to charge?

Again, same with frenzied fast cav in this army (khorne marauder horsemen), move them up, turn them around. It's not that hard people, stop making excuses for poor play and absolutely retarded attempts at theoryhammer.

Yeah, you can do the moonwalk thing but then again there are people who think it is stupid that their troops show their backs to the enemy. For hardcore competitive play there is nothing wrong with it, of course.

Greetings
Eta

Ozorik
02-04-2010, 13:44
Yeah, you can do the moonwalk thing but then again there are people who think it is stupid that their troops show their backs to the enemy.

It is also completely against the spirit of the game.

Tauren
02-04-2010, 15:10
... Wait a second here... its against the spirit of the game because you are using your movement, movement given to you by rules of the game, to counter a rule that causes you to lose control of your miniature.

But the opponent, using the exact same rules, to cause your chariot, to idiotically fly itself into the woods and destroy itself, via use of the rules... is not against the spirit of the game?

I think its against the spirit of the game to lose control of my troops, I think its against the spirit of the game to not play a nice balanced game, I think its against the spirit of the game to spend 36 pts on ungor raiders to destroy your 100+ point frenzied chariot. I think if a general knows that his chariot drivers can't control themselves, that they should learn to be looking away from the enemy when they get a hard-on to slaughter.

I don't see your logic.

Ozorik
02-04-2010, 16:19
its against the spirit of the game because you are using your movement, movement given to you by rules of the game, to counter a rule that causes you to lose control of your miniature.

To move backwards? How is this logical in any shape or form? Obviously a chariot can't do this but Khornate horsemen, and various other units can. Moonwalking is a cretinous 'tactic'.

Harwammer
02-04-2010, 17:06
This is the tactics forum not general or background discussion.

Controlling line of sight of your units is hardly gamey, even if it can be done via unusual tactics.

Ozorik
02-04-2010, 17:09
Screening is fine, stretching the rules to breaking point is not.

I simply refuse to play people who do this kind of thing, its highly likely that they won't be enjoyable to play anyway.

Harwammer
02-04-2010, 17:24
Excuse me but how is pivoting a model in a 100% legitimate fashion 'stretching the rules'? Likewise for performing similar tricks with frenzied fast cav?

You may think Marauder Horsemen Dressage is Khorney but that is kind of the point...

Ozorik
02-04-2010, 17:39
Excuse me but how is pivoting a model in a 100% legitimate fashion 'stretching the rules'?

Because it prevents frenzied troops from charging in a completely artificial manner and which is most definitely against RAI.

Deacon Bane
02-04-2010, 18:11
While this would work in theory, it serves little tactical purpose in game play. You have to leave your troops facing forward eventually to charge an opponent, that is why you bring Khorne units, CC. Secondly with scouts and flyers in most armies, it won't be difficult to put a unit in your charge arc and range, then have your units chasing them all around. And yes, it is a silly use of rules, sorry it is. And it would not prevent me from playing someone that uses this "strategy", I would laugh and shake my head.;)

Tauren
02-04-2010, 19:59
ummm... What?

Chariot rules: May move up to the movement rate, may not march. May freely angle at any point during a normal non-charge move. Turn forward, move up, turn around.

Same thing applies to fast-cav, and they can throw their axes backwards because of 360% line of sight. According to your ideas having 360 degree line of sight to shoot with fast-cav is wasted because its silly that they can shoot backwards... What?

While this would work in theory, it serves little tactical purpose in game play. You have to leave your troops facing forward eventually to charge an opponent, that is why you bring Khorne units, CC. Secondly with scouts and flyers in most armies, it won't be difficult to put a unit in your charge arc and range, then have your units chasing them all around. And yes, it is a silly use of rules, sorry it is. And it would not prevent me from playing someone that uses this "strategy", I would laugh and shake my head.

Ummm what? With khorne marauder cavalry you can shoot up, shoot, and completely counter the issue of baiting. On top of that it does deal with the issue. Sure at some-point you have to charge, but you are forcing the charge when you want too, not when the opponent wants too, and not into a forest, or away from your line, or in front of your line. It's a huge difference. No offense, but tactically its a great idea...

warlord hack'a
02-04-2010, 20:17

not quite: when you get a frenzied character in a chariot, it's purpose is quite clear: it is not there to go around a flank and be sneaky, it's not there to hang back and watch form a distance, it is there to get to the enemy asap and hit them where it hurts, right in the face.

This most of the times means deploying it somewhere in the middle of the battlefield, where woods tend to be scarce..

Dictating what you do with your troops is in your own hands when you choose this chariot, you take away it's tactical flexibility in exchange for extra cc hittiness. If you want flexibility, e.g. to bring a rank negating flanker to the field, then do not make it frenzied.

In my O&G army I currently field one wolf chariot with character for the flank threat and one svg orc big boss in chariot for the hard hitting cc, as both have their uses!

Tauren
02-04-2010, 20:21
Couple of big differences, firstly your wolf chariot charges 18 inches! That's a big difference off from your 14 inch center placed savage orc. Secondly you play orcs and goblins, you have wolf riders, no one should ever be baiting anything in your army...

Djekar
02-04-2010, 23:00
While your points are valid Tauren, I believe that Hack'as points are still fair. The Frenzy chariot is not for flank busting, it's for in your face wreckage. One could argue that the use of *any* WoC chariot is for infantry support rather than flanking considering their 14" charge, but I find that to be pretty standard for chariots and consequently I find that chariots are most useful when supporting infantry.

That being said, a frenzied chariot isn't that big of a liability because you have already limited his LoS by placing him either next to a unit or between 2 units leaving you little room to actually screen.

Deacon Bane
03-04-2010, 04:37
This is getting way off topic, but it will play itself out. If you use Khorne Cav, you should have them into combat in turn 2, 3 at the latest. With this "moonwalking " tactic, it will take at least 3 and likely 4 turns. That is if your opponent has no flyers to pull you away from the main battle line. Move your chariot up along with Knights and Marauder Horses, he plops a unit of Harpies in your backfield, say goodnight. These units will be lucky to have an impact on turn 5. We have cheap, cheap, cheap hounds to screen our Frenzied units and that allows us to get to killin' ASAP. I would love someone to turn there most deadly troops facing away from my RBT, that are already 3 turns away, with a couple Giant Eagles, ready to pull their Khorne Knights further away. I think this tactic just gives shooty armies an extra round of knocking the already low model count, lower. I'm just saying..

Peregijn
03-04-2010, 06:37
@ deacon bane: the moonwalk tactick dosn't work on knights. they have to pay foor there piviot.
it does work on marouder horseman because of there fast cave rule that lets them free reform as many times they want if they are not charging

the same tactik also works great aganst the banner of the gods. fast cave just turns around and the dont suffer the ld panelaty. (my opponent does this when he thinks i have that banner)

Deacon Bane
03-04-2010, 12:47
I think you mean Doom Totem.
Ok let's walk through the scenerio I see. You line up 24+" away from your opponent, you get first turn and move your Fast Chariot up 7" and turn your back to the bad guys?:eek: My MOS Horsemen can now charge your MOK chariot in the rear. I don't see this as a useful tactic. Maybe someone can walk me through an actual scenerio where this has worked.
And at the start, do you face your units backward to begin the game? Again, if I go first and move a unit of Cav up 14", you can't charge with the unit, you turn and then do what move up closer and turn your back to the Cav? Even if you stay facing forward, your getting charged in the next turn.

Flyers move up 20", then you move and turn . The flyers fly to your deployment zone, and force you to chase them away from the battleline and your support units. That's the way I see it. So let's hear how you would use this tactic to your advantage. Maybe I'm missing something. Thanks.

Taureus
04-04-2010, 00:31
Because it prevents frenzied troops from charging in a completely artificial manner and which is most definitely against RAI.

So now we have to all play by *your* interpretation of the rules?

I think not. Show how this tactic is against the rules, when maybe people might agree with you.

Peregijn
05-04-2010, 08:32

oeps you are right

Eta
05-04-2010, 10:15
Ok let's walk through the scenerio I see. You line up 24+" away from your opponent, you get first turn and move your Fast Chariot up 7" and turn your back to the bad guys?:eek: My MOS Horsemen can now charge your MOK chariot in the rear. I don't see this as a useful tactic. Maybe someone can walk me through an actual scenerio where this has worked.

No, you don't charge your horsemen in its rear because 7" + 16" = 23" :p

Tauren
05-04-2010, 13:08
While your points are valid Tauren, I believe that Hack'as points are still fair. The Frenzy chariot is not for flank busting, it's for in your face wreckage. One could argue that the use of *any* WoC chariot is for infantry support rather than flanking considering their 14" charge, but I find that to be pretty standard for chariots and consequently I find that chariots are most useful when supporting infantry.

That being said, a frenzied chariot isn't that big of a liability because you have already limited his LoS by placing him either next to a unit or between 2 units leaving you little room to actually screen.

You have dogs and fast cav marauders in addition to magic missiles... why are your knights being baited. Secondly the discussion was about khorne chariots and marauders... not knights.

Deacon Bane
05-04-2010, 17:35
Yep, my math was off, originally I was playing out the game if I had first turn and moved up slightly.:o

GWItheUltimate
05-04-2010, 19:43

I disagree...

Your plan is obviously to charge an infantry regiment in the face and try to overun the line... It might require to kill something like 7-8 models on the first turn but, hey ! This is a Khorny Hero in a Chariot !!!!

So you leave some space between your infantry regiment, target the enemy regiment you would like to face... if possible, and deploy the hero at the end of the deployment phase in front of it... again, try to be far from wood/obstacle...

Can the enemy still bait you with an eagle or a gay harpie to make your chariot charge in a odd situation ?!? Yes absolutly, but that's why you screen it with dogs. It's not like every armies has 4-5 things to sacrifice to redirect 250 pts of your armie.

In the end, you can still get screw, but that's why frenzy is fun ! And just to see him salvage a whole bunch of 25 men in one charge is priceless !

Ozorik
06-04-2010, 07:25
think not. Show how this tactic is against the rules, when maybe people might agree with you.

I believe that I have said that this is, strictly speaking, legal. As the rule book says, its impossible to cover every situation so some common sense is required. Highly trained and disciplined horsemen who also happen to be frenzied are covered by this IMO.

As I said I simply wont play people who are gamey enough to actually use this 'tactic' though.

Djekar
06-04-2010, 07:53
You have dogs and fast cav marauders in addition to magic missiles... why are your knights being baited. Secondly the discussion was about khorne chariots and marauders... not knights.

Who is talking about Knights?

Harwammer
06-04-2010, 09:37
Who is talking about Knights?

If you look back on previous posts in the threads you'll be able to see. Some people were talking about moonwalking with knight, which though possible isn't as effective as it is for chariots, monsters and fast cav.

kramplarv
06-04-2010, 10:04
As I said I simply wont play people who are gamey enough to actually use this 'tactic' though.

I simply wont play people who are gamey enough to flee from charges. They are probably not fun to play with anyway.

Djekar
06-04-2010, 11:29
Har - I saw that. I guess what I meant was "why quote that text from me where there aren't knights mentioned and then say something about knights?"

Ozorik
06-04-2010, 14:50
I simply wont play people who are gamey enough to flee from charges. They are probably not fun to play with anyway.

If you want to be so extreme then thats your prerogative. Its also worth noting that fleeing from charges both makes sense and is in no way a loophole.

Tauren
06-04-2010, 15:12
Wow... this entire thread is pretty retarded. Let's not make use of one rule, but lets make use of another... the first one is "weedy" the second one "makes sense". While we are at it lets go ahead and just throw in house rules, and base how you win on how you "feel" at the time. Less QQ moar Pew Pew please...

Ozorik
06-04-2010, 15:16
Do what you wish, you clearly have an entirely different reason for playing wargames than I do.

QQ moar? Using idiotic netspeak derived from prepubescent forum ranting clearly means that you are a lovely and mature individual who gets invited to the best parties.

Roark
07-04-2010, 07:28
Khorne chariots rule. Measure and declare charges after everyone else? Move your normal rate if the enemy flees? Yes please. I'll take that.

Oh, and I'll have 1d6+1S5 impact hits, 6S5A@WS5, and 4S4A@WS4 too, please.

Anyone who is consistently getting their Khorne chariots dragged into forests has some problems with their generalship which go beyond the drawbacks for frenzy.

Mabus
07-04-2010, 10:43
I'm with Ozorik on this one. I don't think the Fast cav. rules were written with the tactic being advocated by Tauren in mind. I think it's an over sight on behalf of the game designers and I think it's gamey. The flee reaction makes sense as it's a sort of plauible thing which I can imagine troops at risk of being charged doing. Ending a move and turning around to stop a charge on the other hand, is quite ridiculous. There is no way you could provocate doing this in terms of fluff. It's silly. If you can't envisage a game mechanic happening in real terms and can't understand how a rule is representative of what it is attempting to convey and you somehow abuse it to your own ends then you are gamey and silly.

kramplarv
07-04-2010, 11:51
If you want to be so extreme then thats your prerogative. Its also worth noting that fleeing from charges both makes sense and is in no way a loophole.

to flee is clearly against the spirit of the game.

And as roarke goes... Through history the tactic of "run forward, show ass to enemy" have been used thousands of years. Made famous by the Mongol horde late 13th century.
even though the islam conquest of north africa during 7th century ued the same tactic hundreds of years earlier.

Anyway. To run fast forward and then turn rear against the enemy is very realistic, plausible etc. proved through history. Call it gamey or anything. But not "ridiculous" or "silly". Since you then call the arabs, the mongols, the huns, the sarmatians, the parthians etc silly and ridiculous. :)

GWItheUltimate
07-04-2010, 12:00
Fleeing as a charge reaction is just a freeking "core" strategy in this game... If you never use it cause you don't wanna look "gay", then you must not be that successfull.

On the other end, ending the move and turn back with Chariot/Fast Cav, is abusing of a flawed rule set, and GW is really really a flawed ruleset... I wouldn't play a guy who use this strategy.

Tauren
07-04-2010, 12:56
No offense, your talking to one of the biggest fluff-hearts here, but this is a tactics discussion, and that is a legitimate move. It has nothing to do with being "gamey" its simply a legit move, and far less "gamey" if at all then most of the crap some players pull. It is the answer to being baited, it is the answer to frenzy. So to the OP: Yes chariots are good, beware cannons, frenzied chariots are fine, either turn them around or screen them with dogs.

Glad to know that so many players are so fluffy about their rules that they won't use them.

Deacon Bane
07-04-2010, 16:26
Kramplarv, your historical references have no real bearing on the tactic of turning away from the enemy, so you don't get baited to charge. I don't think the Huns or Mongels had frenzy to worry about. To turn your back to draw your enemy into thinking you are fleeing may have been their purpose. The Mongels were very much the masters of the feigned flight.

I don't think this is a loophole or "gamey", I just don't see it as a viable tactic. With maybe one situation that i could come up with. Chariot going up a flank, between the table edge and a wooded area. If the enemy has a unit that could pop out of the trees and draw in the chariot, I could see angling away from the terrain to avoid the "bait". From a fluff point of view, this doesn't really match up with a Khorne unit frothing at the mouth looking for something to squash, but as a gaming move it makes sense. Remember this isn't roleplaying, I lost many games trying to stick true to fluff, while my opponent was using game strategies. You wouldn't stop your Knight from taking your opponents Queen, in Chess, because it goes against your idea of Chivalry.:angel:

GWItheUltimate
07-04-2010, 17:17
No offense, your talking to one of the biggest fluff-hearts here, but this is a tactics discussion, and that is a legitimate move. It has nothing to do with being "gamey" its simply a legit move, and far less "gamey" if at all then most of the crap some players pull. It is the answer to being baited, it is the answer to frenzy. So to the OP: Yes chariots are good, beware cannons, frenzied chariots are fine, either turn them around or screen them with dogs.

Glad to know that so many players are so fluffy about their rules that they won't use them.

Ok then,

That's a pretty "gay" legal tactic that I won't ever use and for which, if I see an opponent do it, I won't play him again.

GWI

Tauren
07-04-2010, 17:28
Yeah well I've seen plenty of shady things, and to be honest this isn't high on the list. This doesn't "skirt" the rule, it isn't like using reforms to move farther than you normally are allowed. It isn't using tricks and slight movements to hide a single character in a forest from an entire unit. It isn't assorted other cheesy vectors, and is simply a method.

But you know, while we are talking about intentions I'm sure the makers of the book didn't want chariots or frenzied characters to be utterly useless for +1 attack, but you know... gosh forbid someone take note of that and play them in a way such that they attempt to negate the bonus.

Ozorik
07-04-2010, 18:33
Its actually 4 extra attacks (and ItP) for not many points.

This doesn't "skirt" the rule

In my opinion it does.

GWItheUltimate
07-04-2010, 18:40
Yeah well I've seen plenty of shady things, and to be honest this isn't high on the list. This doesn't "skirt" the rule, it isn't like using reforms to move farther than you normally are allowed. It isn't using tricks and slight movements to hide a single character in a forest from an entire unit. It isn't assorted other cheesy vectors, and is simply a method.

But you know, while we are talking about intentions I'm sure the makers of the book didn't want chariots or frenzied characters to be utterly useless for +1 attack, but you know... gosh forbid someone take note of that and play them in a way such that they attempt to negate the bonus.

Yes I've seen some post about the "reform move farther" thing... and it's sad. It's sad because it is SO EASY to fix in the rule, and yet GW doesn't even seams to bother.

But it the same way, we do not accept such rule abuse in my gaming group, and I strongly suggest anyone to do the same. Just use common sens whenever you can, and don't let you're opponent scrap the fun of the game by using silly "legal" moves.

Tauren
07-04-2010, 19:48
Its actually 4 extra attacks (and ItP) for not many points.

In my opinion it does.

I'm sorry... are you actually arguing that any amount of attacks counters the ability for a chariot to be baited (assuming you don't allow this movement) which will easily take it out of the entire game or put it into position for destruction on the charge. Or worse, just blown up by any strength 7 hit? Chariots are cool, but are a far cry from amazing tactically when any strength 7 hit can pop them.

In my opinion the ability to flee from a charge is 9/10 times more important than some extra attacks...

Ozorik
07-04-2010, 20:14
while we are talking about intentions I'm sure the makers of the book didn't want chariots or frenzied characters to be utterly useless for +1 attack,

They get more than +1 attack and there are legitimate ways to prevent frenzied charges. Its a pretty modest points outlay for a reasonable bonus with a possible downside. I fail to see how chariots with the mark of Khorne are 'useless'.

Roark
07-04-2010, 22:34
A potential 17 hits across a small frontage (50mm) is what makes Khorne chariots good. That, and ITP. It's not just about the "4 extra attacks". You've gotta look at the whole package, and in context with their proper role (infantry support, or in pairs as hitters).

Agree with Ozorik... it's easy to prevent Khorne chariots from being "baited into forests" etc... It's just about thinking ahead and using common sense.

GWItheUltimate
08-04-2010, 03:51
Well... anyway, they are not bad at all, but in the end, a khorny chariot won't make you win in anyway... This is support unit ! If your opponent wants to get rid of it by putting some effort to it, then it may as well succeed, but if he dosen't have time/possibility to care about it, this support unit cas do some really important damage on enemy lines !

Djekar
08-04-2010, 07:16
+1 to what Roark said.