PDA

View Full Version : Strange Tournament Rules or April Fools?

Gimp
31-03-2010, 12:32
Well I got the rules pack or an up coming tournament. They are wierd to say the least. One of my friends was freaking out until I pointed out that it is most likely a very very sick Aprils Fools Joke. Tournaments are serious things and should not be joked about ;) Well just wanted to show it to you guys/girls.

WARCON 2010
Warhammer 40K
Tournament rules published 1 April 2010

This year we plan to have a balanced event where everybody will have the same chance to lose. To facilitate this we will apply some comps and bonuses to some of the armies, while some armies will be disallowed entirely. (Vampires and Skaven for instance)

First things first: Your list – You will be expected to bring two clearly printed lists of no more than 1672 points. Only players with printed lists will be allowed to play, we are sick of trying to decipher some of the horrible crab scrawl, hand written, lists we get. You may exceed the point’s limit by no more than 100 points, but you will be expected to pay double the entry fee if you want to use the extra 100 points in one list. Alternatively you may have a different list for every entry fee you pay, and then choose which list to use against your opponent once you have perused his list.

Moving on swiftly: Permitted codex’s and comps – You may use any codex that has ever been printed to make your list. Except for Orks that may not use the latest codex because it has to many ambiguous rules in it. Any other army that uses an earlier version of its codex, 2nd Ed chaos codex for instance, will loose any special abilities or skills that are not covered in the 5th Ed main rulebook. This will not apply to Orks if they use the 3rd Ed codex, but will apply if the 2nd Ed codex is used.

The new Blood Angel codex will be allowed. If you wish to play Blood Angels but do not have the codex yet, you may make your list based on any rumours you may have heard, as long as you write them down (printed, of course) and bring it with you. Make sure it is nicely bound and looks a bit like a codex.

The new Tyranid codex is also allowed except the Doom of Malan’pain-in-my-frikken-ass-tai is not allowed. Instead of this model, Nid players may choose to use the 100 points over the limit without paying an additional entry fee. This is however not mandatory, and you may always choose to field a list without the Doom and stay under the 1672 points limit if you dare.

Space Wolf players may, in this tournament only, let their Rune Priests use any Psychic power twice with no Psychic tests required. Space Wolf players may also call on their Viking gods to assist them in battle.

Vanilla Space Marines are so spazzy and bland that we will allow players to replace any unit or model in their list with the closest similar unit or model from the chaos codex. It is however imperative that the models be clearly marked as “Marine Flavour” or “Creoles”, especially if you are playing against the chaos player you borrowed the models from.

Dark Eldar players are so far behind in the “new codex Race” we will allow them to make any modifications to their codex that they think is appropriate. All dark eldar players will have to use the same modifications or additions on the day of the tournament. If more than one player makes different modifications to the same codex entry, the TO will choose which one applies. Basically, the coolest rule flies, and the rest dies.

All other codex’s may be used RAW, If any disputes arise between maybe 2nd ed codex’s and 5th ed codex’s the winner of the argument will be decided by an instant, best out of three, spitting contest – as long as the spitting is always in the direction of the nearest Blood Angel player. If one of the parties in the dispute happens to be a BA player, he always wins the argument if his opponent spits in his eye, otherwise he loses. A BA player may not spit in his own eye to win an argument, however appropriate it may seem.

magicmonkey
31-03-2010, 12:42
Lol.......

e2055261
31-03-2010, 12:43
That seems silly. Got to be a joke. April Fools jokes - seldom amuse eh?

tu33y
31-03-2010, 12:45
you know what... many true word is INDEED said in jest. really funny tho!

Agnar the Howler
31-03-2010, 12:47
Looks 100% official to me, I wish all the participants good luck and hope they all have fun :)

PreacherBoyRoy
31-03-2010, 12:47
rofl... I may want to join that tourny :D

Bunnahabhain
31-03-2010, 12:54
Right, where's my Epic 40k Guard list....1672 points....Should have room for a Warhound, Russ company, and a few infantry ones. Hows that for a proper SAFH ?

Deetwo
31-03-2010, 14:07
Awesome!
I want in! :D

I wonder what sort of help the Viking gods offer...

Corrode
31-03-2010, 14:14
Classy. :D

Hunger
31-03-2010, 15:07
If this were a real tournament in my area I would absolutely take part in it - I particularly love the acceptable use of any edition codex, and the Dark Eldar 'anything goes as long as its cool' credo.

Top stuff, maybe I'll have to actually organise one of these for real.

Kulgur
31-03-2010, 15:57
Heck, field a 2nd Ed IG list with turret armour 25 demolishers :P
Necrons which are immune to close combat weapons (2nd ed) would be handy too, as well as the lower-armour-by-3 scarabs

LonelyPath
31-03-2010, 16:32
No Doom allowed? lol!

Pretty good laugh though reading all that silliness, hahaha.

senorcardgage
31-03-2010, 16:47
That is really funny :)

Gimp
31-03-2010, 16:51
My personal best is spitting at the face of Blood Angels players.

ObiWan
31-03-2010, 17:01
Sounds really funny, I want in!

Charistoph
31-03-2010, 17:04
Right, where's my Epic 40k Guard list....1672 points....Should have room for a Warhound, Russ company, and a few infantry ones. Hows that for a proper SAFH ?

*Wonders how much BFG he can fit into this tournament*

Who cares about ground when you can shatter it.

Love the part about not including Vamps and Skaven. WFB Daemons are OK, though?

Deetwo
31-03-2010, 17:07
Love the part about not including Vamps and Skaven. WFB Daemons are OK, though?

I think it would be an interesting experiment, playing FB daemons against 40k armies :D

Doppleskanger
31-03-2010, 17:49
I wonder if whoever sent that out is regretting it yet? Can you imagine how much nerdrage is now filling their inbox. Very funny though. Can we get the spitting in the eye of Blood Angel players accepted as an official ruling?

Thud
31-03-2010, 19:34
I wonder if whoever sent that out is regretting it yet? Can you imagine how much nerdrage is now filling their inbox.

Nah. It's an efficient way of finding out who the judges should keep an eye out for unsporting behaviour. People getting all up in arms about this are probably the same it's not very fun to play against. ;)

Citizensmith
31-03-2010, 19:43

"Now, these two Emperor Titans I'm fielding may look smaller than your dreadnought, but they are in fact a long way away"

Project2501
31-03-2010, 19:45
Prepare for both possibilities IMO :D