PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Hammer

w3rm
31-03-2010, 22:18
Ok Ok so I shamelessly stole this idea from foegnasher. But its a good one so how can I not use it?

Here it is

Plague Priest- 184
Skavenbrew, Flail, Pox Rat

26 Giant Rats and 3 Packmasters- 102

4 Rat Swarms- 100

Ok so this is a very small chunk of the army. But if its played right it can be pretty killy I think. Pretty self explanatory. Priest goes in the front of the Rats who are in a 6x5 formation. If you get the frenzy roll you are getting 20 attacks. If you are lucky enough to get the death frenzy esq. roll then you are pumping out 40 attacks just from the rats! Or you could get hatred and maybe cast death frenzy on the rats! That is an insane amount of attacks and with re-rolls! Its fast and you have the giant rats to screen them from frenzy. Thoughts?

Wargamejunkie
01-04-2010, 00:31
Hmmm, that is a pretty interesting idea there. Any reason the Rat swarms are so large?

Something too consider is why not add a Master moulder to the unit? I mean he takes up a slot in the front row but could come to the table with a good number of Strength 6 attacks.

w3rm
01-04-2010, 00:48
Well theyre large because they can still be useful after they've done screening.

Olyphant
01-04-2010, 08:48
Hmm I thought skavenbrew was clanrats or stormvermin only?

Nocculum
01-04-2010, 09:06
That is sadly the case Olyphant, however, just because an idea doesn't at first work out, doesn't mean it's not a usable framework for adaptation.

What's the general consensus/idea behind this within the framework of your list w3rm?

w3rm
01-04-2010, 14:28
I havent used it but I think it could still be useful. I want it as a fast hammer unit that can do a lot of kills. Which is something that can be difficult for skaven to accomplish.

Wargamejunkie
01-04-2010, 14:38
It looked good if you were able to use the brew. I think without that a unit with Master Moulder does the same without taking up a character slot. That is what I tend to use mine for. 20 rats strong w/ 3 Pack Masters & MM with Great Weapon.

Malorian
01-04-2010, 15:54
Hmm I thought skavenbrew was clanrats or stormvermin only?

Stupid rules... ruining our fun... :cries:

They did the same thing to my orc shaman on chariot...

Nice thought though w3rm. Keep the ideas coming :)

Bladelord
01-04-2010, 15:58
What about Grey Seer with Skavenbrew in a unit of Stormvermin/bigbig unit of clanrats? Hope you roll hatred & get death frenzy & then roll 13 with the Bell:evilgrin: maybe even a Plague Priest close to the unit giving it frenzy also for massive destruction:angel:

Dantès
01-04-2010, 16:30
What about Grey Seer with Skavenbrew in a unit of Stormvermin/bigbig unit of clanrats? Hope you roll hatred & get death frenzy & then roll 13 with the Bell:evilgrin: maybe even a Plague Priest close to the unit giving it frenzy also for massive destruction:angel:

Yeah...nasty ;) Very situational however...