PDA

View Full Version : New Dreadnought?

Ba'al Starslayer
02-04-2010, 14:11
Am I the only one that's noticed this? Is there a new BA Furioso in the works?
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1060624a_2010-04-02_1_873x627.jpg

DarkWarrior1981
02-04-2010, 14:17
We (that is our local group of gamers) discussed this pic some days ago and we came to the conclusion, that it is only a conversion. But of course this is our own interpretation. However, GW has a habit to hide new models in plain sight, so this may be a new Furioso, but honestly I don't think so. :)

Spectrar Ghost
02-04-2010, 14:20
The new BA release still has the metal Furioso listed, so it's probably some way off if it is coming.

philbrad2
02-04-2010, 14:23
Nope looks like a conversion of the standard plastic one to me. If it was coming out (with this wave) we'd have had it.

PhilB
:chrome:

RedemptionNL
02-04-2010, 14:29
The sarcophagus and banner seem to be from the Ironclad kit, the legs from the AOBR dread. Can't place the fists though. Question is, conversion, upgrade sprue for the arms or complete set with reused stuff?

Scryer in the Darkness
02-04-2010, 14:35
We covered this in the Blood Angels thread. It's the Studio Death Company Dreadnought and is a conversion using parts from the regular Dreadnought, Ironclad Dreadnought, Dark Angels upgrade sprue and Forge World icons. Everything but the claws themselves are accounted for in the above kits.

Sandlemad
02-04-2010, 14:35
The sarcophagus and banner seem to be from the Ironclad kit, the legs from the AOBR dread. Can't place the fists though. Question is, conversion, upgrade sprue for the arms or complete set with reused stuff?

They look like the dread lightning claws off the old OOP metal Bjorn the Fell-Handed.

Scryer in the Darkness
02-04-2010, 14:37
They look like the dread lightning claws off the old OOP metal Bjorn the Fell-Handed.

They may look like them on first inspection, but if you take a moment to look closer, they are markedly different. As said, we've already discussed this:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4517513#post4517513

Ba'al Starslayer
02-04-2010, 15:48
I can see some room for conversion there, but as you've all stated the claws are the thing that got me. Also, I apologise Scryer that I didn't see this discussion in the BA Roundup, I was interested in the new image and so I guess I was a bit quick to post a new thread =/

rabblerouser
02-04-2010, 15:58
It's a conversion. The claws appear to be made from the base of the regular stubby power fist, 4 pieces of plastic card for the claws, and guitar string for the detail.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a new dread in the works, but that's not an easter egg.

Vineas
02-04-2010, 16:48
I give FW about 3-4 months and they'll have a gorgeous BA dreadnaught available.

No insider info, just speculation.

VenomBlood
02-04-2010, 16:54
Maybe claws appear as (plastic/metal) upgrade pack?

Blue Orphen
02-04-2010, 17:00
Wouldn't be hard to make a metal Right CCW arm and some claw bits for the existing Dread kit.

Or even a small sprue to truly make a Furioso.

I bet it'd sell like crazy.

rabblerouser
02-04-2010, 17:05
I'm holding off on my dread. Not going to convert anything. GW had a policy of not including unit entries for things that don't exist, and although this has been relaxed in the past few years I imagine they will make a kit to cover the furioso/DC/librarian dread.

jamesterjlrb
02-04-2010, 17:11
Wouldn't be hard to make a metal Right CCW arm and some claw bits for the existing Dread kit.

I bet it'd sell like crazy.

Look at Forgeworlds mark IV dread CCW arms

WordBearer
02-04-2010, 17:57

I bet it'd sell like crazy.Except they're probably wagering you'll just buy an Ironclad kit.

Voss
02-04-2010, 18:30
I'm holding off on my dread. Not going to convert anything. GW had a policy of not including unit entries for things that don't exist, and although this has been relaxed in the past few years I imagine they will make a kit to cover the furioso/DC/librarian dread.

You realize of course, that if they do, it could be months to over a year before they do, right? The guard book still doesn't have all its kits, and it doesn't sound like the spearhead vehicle release is going to finish those off.

Psyberian
02-04-2010, 19:06
You realize of course, that if they do, it could be months to over a year before they do, right? The guard book still doesn't have all its kits, and it doesn't sound like the spearhead vehicle release is going to finish those off.

Except this is marines we are talking about. We get all our kits right away :).

philbrad2
02-04-2010, 19:18
Think this has run its course... off to 40K GENERAL

PhilB
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +
WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)

Voss
02-04-2010, 21:00

Ah yes. Clearly I just missed it and the thunderwolves on the advanced orders page. :angel:

loveless
02-04-2010, 21:26

Landspeeder Storm
Ironclad Dreadnought
Vulkan He'stan
Kosharro Khan
Legion of the Damned

None of these came out with the book in question - even Marines have to wait to get all their goodies :p Even now, we're still missing things...turret options for Razorbacks, Khan on a bike, Master of the Forge, etc. etc.

DarkstarSabre
02-04-2010, 21:46
It's a conversion. To summarise.

Shin guards from Black Reach dreadnought. Normal dreadnought body. Normal dreadnought left arm. Ironclad dreadnought right arm - underslung weapons are both from Ironclad kit.

The lightning claws are conversions and you can see on the right arm where the guitar wire has been used to extend the Ironclad DCCW's cabling.

Scryer in the Darkness
03-04-2010, 06:48
It's a conversion. To summarise.

Shin guards from Black Reach dreadnought. Normal dreadnought body. Normal dreadnought left arm. Ironclad dreadnought right arm - underslung weapons are both from Ironclad kit.
Wrong. Shin armour is from the Dark Angels upgrade sprue (the scrollwork shin armour is on the other leg on the AoBR Dread and is moulded as part of the whole body), legs and body are normal Dreadnought, sarcophagus plate is Ironclad, both arms are Ironclad (the placement of the skulls is a dead giveaway, but there are more details shown in the inset photo in the BA Codex), as is the banner and underslung weapons (well, assuming re Storm Bolter could be any) and Forge World Blood Angel Icons on the shoulders. Round doowhacky on the left torso could be from just about anywhere, i.e. blank Fantasy shield such as Night Goblins.

DarkstarSabre
03-04-2010, 07:21
Wrong. Shin armour is from the Dark Angels upgrade sprue (the scrollwork shin armour is on the other leg on the AoBR Dread and is moulded as part of the whole body), legs and body are normal Dreadnought, sarcophagus plate is Ironclad, both arms are Ironclad (the placement of the skulls is a dead giveaway, but there are more details shown in the inset photo in the BA Codex), as is the banner and underslung weapons (well, assuming re Storm Bolter could be any) and Forge World Blood Angel Icons on the shoulders. Round doowhacky on the left torso could be from just about anywhere, i.e. blank Fantasy shield such as Night Goblins.

I was wondering that bit. I figured it was pre-molded and thought perhaps they clipped it or something. Completely forgot the DA sprue existed. Haven't seen a decent shot so it's about par.

The round thing on the torso...I'm figuring that's brass etch too rather than a shield.

Moral of the story...I need to buy an Ironclad to look at the bits properly.

Scryer in the Darkness
03-04-2010, 07:48
The round thing on the torso...I'm figuring that's brass etch too rather than a shield.
Yeah I wondered about that too, but haven't had a chance to go through all of Forge World's brass etch stuff. Also it's not a terribly integral component to be too concerned about. ;) But I did also more seriously wonder why they put it on in the first place? Seems a slightly odd decoration for a Dreadnought, there's already raised detail on that side of the torso, why not just put a Blood Angels decal there? It's a curious artistic choice, having a round 'shield' on a Dreadnought... anybody have any insight?

meno1
03-04-2010, 09:20
We covered this in the Blood Angels thread. It's the Studio Death Company Dreadnought and is a conversion using parts from the regular Dreadnought, Ironclad Dreadnought, Dark Angels upgrade sprue and Forge World icons. Everything but the claws themselves are accounted for in the above kits.

Agreed. As stated in the BA thread all the models in this pic look exactly the same as the ones on the inside of the front cover of April's WD.