PDA

View Full Version : Infantry-heavy WoC - 2250

Zaustus
03-04-2010, 09:16
This is the list I'm planning to use whenever I next get a game (probably next weekend). I'm not exactly looking for suggestions, but please feel free to comment!

Exalted Hero, MoK, Helm of Many Eyes, Collar of Khorne, great weapon (joins Khorne Marauders) - 183
Exalted Hero, MoT, Disc, BSB, Banner of the Gods, halberd, shield - 299
Sorcerer, 2x Dispel Scroll - 135

23 Marauders, MoK, great weapons, full command - 165
10 Marauders, MoS, musician - 54
12 Chaos Warriors, MoS, halberds, shields, musician, standard, War Banner - 257
5 Marauder Horsemen, MoS, flails, throwing axes, musician - 101
5 Marauder Horsemen, MoS, flails, throwing axes, musician - 101
5 Warhounds - 30

12 Chosen, MoT, great weapons, full command, Favor of the Gods, Banner of Rage - 350
5 Knights, MoK - 230

Warshrine, MoS - 140
Hellcannon - 205

That totals 2250 on the nose. The idea is that the ASF exalted clears out the front rank of enemies so the great-weapon-wielding Marauders can get in attacks. The Warriors and Chosen protect the Marauders' flanks, while the Slaanesh Marauders are a cheap screen. With a flying Banner of the Gods to provide stubbornness and terror bombs, the center should hold pretty well.

Meanwhile, the Horsemen are doing their thing (baiting, redirecting, annoying), the Knights and their puppydog screen should explode whatever I point them at, the Warshrine beefs up the Chosen, and the Hellcannon pushes my opponent into coming to me.

I've played a similar list a couple times, and it's pretty fun. I haven't put Banner of the Gods on a flying character before, though, so terror-bombing could be pretty useful. I'll have to be pretty careful if I face heavy shooting, though. Heavy magic can also be a big problem with my minimal magic defenses. Hopefully sharp axes and faith in the dark gods will prevail! Any comments?

danny-d-b
03-04-2010, 10:22
I'd swich the MOK and the MOS round on the two marrauder units- as I'd do with the equipment, MOK and greatweapons makes great flanking units, but not so good as big blocks of troops, were light armour and shield are more likely to help, especially if the exalted fails with his attacks

other than that it looks a good list, though I've never been a fan of magic banners on BSBs (must be down to my griffin banner dude always dieing)

other than that a good list

GWItheUltimate
08-04-2010, 22:16
Unless you deploy infantry 5 wide, you will really have difficulty to put all this infantry to good use.

Zaustus
09-04-2010, 03:06
I haven't had too much trouble so far. I do deploy the slaanesh marauder unit 5 wide, with the chosen and warriors to either side. Then the khorne marauders go behind the slaanesh ones, so they don't go charging off at stuff. In the past I kept the BotG in the khorne marauder unit, but now that he's on a disc he'll start out parked behind it. With a 6" stubborn aura, that'll reach all four of the units from there.

Roark
09-04-2010, 03:16
Mate, I'd be really really nervous about that solitary disk guy holding a 125pt banner...

He's just not very well protected at all. Hell, I'm usually nervous about ANY disk guy, Exalted OR Sorceror, who's not carrying the Golden Eye (which you can't take unfortunately...)

Zaustus
09-04-2010, 03:41
Yeah, it could be dangerous. I'll try to park him out of LoS most of the time, or get him into combat with something squishy near where the main action is. I have a game this Sunday, we'll see how it goes.

Roark
09-04-2010, 07:05
Let us know how the Terror-bombing goes. Sounds like a buttload of fun, as long as you don't get shot.

hvymtl3172
09-04-2010, 18:17
Re-check but I don't think your BSB can have a shield

GWItheUltimate
09-04-2010, 21:22
Yes he can have a shield.

But why don't you just put him on a barded steed in one infantry unit (preferably in the middle of the field) for almost the same point cost ?

Do you absolutly need him to fly ? Since he's not quite good by himslef...

Zaustus
10-04-2010, 01:00
Because that's boring and I've done it before. This is NEW AND EXCITING! :)