PDA

View Full Version : Magical properties of the army's battle standard

Kugruk
03-04-2010, 13:19
I've read through the BRB a couple times and I am still not very clear on how magical banners on your armies are supposed to work. Do they benefit everyone within 12'', or just the unit the BSB has joined? Never really says anything about it, that I was able to find. Thank you guys for the help.

Davo
03-04-2010, 13:23
Hi.
Check the rules for each specific banner to discover who it will effect. This will usually just be the unit that the BSB is in himself. The 12" bubble is for re-rolling break tests, an ability that a BSB gives without a magic banner upgrade.

Hope this helps! :)

Ultimate Life Form
03-04-2010, 13:24
Magic Banners do exactly what they say in their description. Usually they affect only the unit they're in. There is no requirement for a BSB to be in the unit; some units like Grave Guard and Skeletons can take Magic Banners on their own.

What the BSB does is detailed exactly under the BSB rules and has nothing to do with any magical properties of his banner. The two are entirely independent rules; they just happen to be on the same model if you choose a Magic Banner for your BSB.

Kugruk
03-04-2010, 13:26
Magic Banners do exactly what they say in their description. Usually they affect only the unit they're in. There is no requirement for a BSB to be in the unit; some units like Grave Guard and Skeletons can take Magic Banners on their own.

What the BSB does is detailed exactly under the BSB rules and has nothing to do with any magical properties of his banner. The two are entirely independent rules; they just happen to be on the same model if you choose a Magic Banner for your BSB.

Thanks for the help, again, ULF. That one has been bothering me. Keep rereading the BRB/Lizardmen books for some clarity, with no luck.

eron12
06-04-2010, 05:45
Two related questions (note I don't have the BRB)

1). Can your BSB join a unit that already has a magical standard?

2). If it can, does the unit benifit from both magical banners?

stripsteak
06-04-2010, 05:49
yes, yes...unless something about the specific magic banners themselves prevents it.