PDA

View Full Version : Black Templar Neophytes

NATO_chrisjm
03-04-2010, 19:05
So I've been thinking of some alternative model possibilities for Black Templar Neophytes. I think the Space marine scouts models aren't quite right looking, they also look somewhat like Wayne Rooney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Rooney) ... And this is bad ...

I've been considering using the scout models with Forgeworld Elysian Drop Troop heads ... I've also considered using Cadian Shock Troopers with Black Templar shoulder pads, but I think that may look really bad.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Godzooky
03-04-2010, 19:18
So I've been thinking of some alternative model possibilities for Black Templar Neophytes. I think the Space marine scouts models aren't quite right looking, they also look somewhat like Wayne Rooney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Rooney) ... And this is bad ...

I've been considering using the scout models with Forgeworld Elysian Drop Troop heads ... I've also considered using Cadian Shock Troopers with Black Templar shoulder pads, but I think that may look really bad.

Anyone got any suggestions?

A popular conversion for neophytes uses Chaos warrior helms (minus the horns) on scout bodies. You could also add flavour by using Bretonnian men-at-arms bitz. I'm sure there used to be an article on GW's site with some examples. Maybe somebody with greater powers than I can steer you in the right direction.

Do a plog, please. :)

NATO_chrisjm
03-04-2010, 19:41
Interesting, I may have to investigate that, I will be making a project log :)

NATO_chrisjm
05-04-2010, 16:03
Another question in a similar vein.

Are shotguns worth bothering with? Its eater that or bolt pistol and CCW ... anyone?

GremlinXLT
05-04-2010, 18:09
I always go BP/CCW. Their shooting isn't very good being BS3. In CC they'll get more attacks at str4 and will most of the time still hit on a 4 like everyone else. That and I'd rather have 1 BS3 str4 bolt pistol shot than 2 crappy str3 shotgun shots.

IcedAnimals
05-04-2010, 18:27
I also go with BP/CCW. Especially if the entire squad is outfitted as such.

primarch16
05-04-2010, 23:04
Statistically the bolt pistol and close combat weapon is always better than the shotgun. I think they look good with the chaos warrior helmets too, minus the horns and such.

Nakor
06-04-2010, 02:54
i have all my scouts with SM helmets on. looks far better. the change actually makes them look pretty decently armored, and generally more badass.