PDA

View Full Version : Missing meganob?

jspyd3rx
04-04-2010, 05:19
Actually tried to buy the standard meganob without kombi weapon and found it was no longer available through the U.S. store. Any idea around this? I really don't need the ones with kombi weapons.

enigma-96
04-04-2010, 05:26
Although I can't help you with the lack of non kombi-weapon model, I do want to ask, why the aversion to kombi-weapons?

I mean for only 5 pts you get a one shot skorcha, that's awesome.

jspyd3rx
04-04-2010, 05:34
Already got a few. Trying to diversify a little. Kinda hard with few options for these guys. Currently running them with grotsnik to add cybork bodies and feel no pain.

Thud
04-04-2010, 05:38
It's not in the UK store either. It's a bit weird, but it's not exactly hard to convert one of the kombi-shoota models into having twin shootas, so it's not a massive problem. Plus, you'll probably want some kombi-weapons anyway.

Also, this could potentially mean a planned plastic release with the kombi-shoota models not yet sold out. :)

Oguleth
04-04-2010, 09:18
Haven't seen any of the regular shoota versions for a long time. Was planning to get different meganobs and put them in a truck, but not finding the shoota one, and them getting a plastic set mentioned now and then I guess I'll just wait...

Thud
04-04-2010, 09:25
Plastic Meganobz is just speculation on my part, so don't go holding your breath. ;)

Oguleth
04-04-2010, 09:33
There has been lots of speculation - and I am not holding my breath anyway, not after the never-appearing Daemon Prince :p

Wonder why they aren't bothering to make some more regular meganobz though, I am sure they would sell more of the others while at it too...

Mannimarco
04-04-2010, 13:05
I was looking for them back in my old deffwing days, theyre long OOP but its easy to convert the combi rokkit one.

good thing about the twin shootas is you can use a reduced version of the wound allocation cheat can you not? 1 twin shoota, 1 kombi skorcha 1 kombi rokkit

MrGiggles
04-04-2010, 13:10
That's interesting. I was having trouble finding the Kombi-Rokkit Launcha Mega-Nob locally. There were a fair few of the Twin Linked Shoota version, which I picked up.

Still, I find the Twin Linked Shootas to be well worth it. I seem to have pretty good luck on my rerolls.

jspyd3rx
04-04-2010, 13:23
Yep, Orks are blessed by their gods on rerolls. Has there or is there any rumors on plastic MANZ? I would love to get advance warning, so that I could sell all the ones I have for plastic ones.

DuskRaider
04-04-2010, 13:31
The Twin-Linked Shoota model has been discontinued. As far as I know, the Kombi-Skorcha and Kombi-Rokkit are still being produced, however.

GrogDaTyrant
04-04-2010, 14:24
The Twin-Linked Shoota model has been discontinued. As far as I know, the Kombi-Skorcha and Kombi-Rokkit are still being produced, however.

Which is a shame really. The Kombi-Rokkit one should have been the one they dumped. Kombi-rokkits are terrible.

IMHO I hope they don't do plastic MANz. At least not until they get a codex revision for 5th, and MANz are given all the options they need/deserve. The fact that they have such horrific morale-issues, require babysitting, and lack access to a Cybok body (outside of Mad Doc Failsnick) is reason enough why they need some reworking. If they got plastic figures now they'd undoubtedly be designed with the 'current options' in mind, which means there's less of a chance that they'll get the fixes they need in the next book.

wazatdingder
04-04-2010, 15:46
Easy fix, get a combi-rokkit. Cut off the rokkit. done.

Ulrig
04-04-2010, 15:57
I have 3 of the twin shoota mega nobz
I purchased one from my local gaming store a long tim ago.
My last expansion of orks I noticed that model is not offered by GW.
Last week I went into my local gaming store to buy some paint and they had 2 of them right up front, I grabbed them both quickly. They may of had more, I am not sure to tell you the truth.

The first one I purchased had a different suit that none of the others have. (it is actually pictured in my ork thread)
Most notably the jaw of the suit is much different.