PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 2250 (Returning)

Nocculum
04-04-2010, 14:47
I haven't played Warhammer in along time. Too long, in fact. I've been playing Skaven for three to four years in 6th, and I've had two, perhaps three games in 7th with them, but have had plenty of time to think it over in terms of what I want to use. Whilst I'm open to suggestion, I despise the new clanrat models and the old, for that matter. I am not fond of Slaves, so dont' wish to add more to the already mounting and utterly unpainted army pile. I have four rat ogres to use, if ever I can find the room for them, and the slings are primarily for pepper spraying smaller units, especially fast cavalry, or for applying the pressure to large targets that can't be reached by the tri-partite magical assault. As ever, lemme 'ave it, thanks for your time!

Characters

Greyseer
Warp-Energy Condenser, Rival-Hide Talisman

Chieftain
Battle Standard Bearer, Extra Hand Weapon, Shield
Poisoned Attacks, Tail Weapon
War Banner

Plague Priest
Level Two Wizard, Flail
Tail Weapon
Dispel Scroll

Warlock Engineer
Level Two Wizard
Warplock Musket, Warlock Optics

Total Points on Characters: 704 (32% Approx).

Core Units

25 Stormvermin
Full Command, Shields
Warpfire Thrower Team

25 Stormvermin
Full Command, Shields
Warpfire Thrower Team

10 Night Runners
Slings

10 Night Runners
Slings

3 Rat Swarms

20 Slaves
Slings

20 Slaves
Slings

Total Spent on Core Units: 875 (38% Approx).

Special Units

17 Plague Monks
Full Command

17 Plague Monks
Full Command

8 Plague Censer Bearers

8 Gutter Runners
Slings

Total Spent on Special Units: 520 (23% Approx).

Rare Units

Doomwheel

Total Spent on Rare Units: 150 (7% Approx).

Total: 2249

w3rm
04-04-2010, 22:15
Looks good but the only thing I would move around is the gear. What good is the Rival Hide on the Seer? Its kinda a waste. I would also drop the Condenser from the Engineer and give him the Condenser. Its better on him as he is sure to get Warplightning where as the Seer may not. I like Clanrats but thats a personal thing. Well other then the gear on your characters it looks solid.

Nocculum
04-04-2010, 22:37
Good call. I'm coming from the upward perspective of always having a Seer on a Bell, so Warplightning gets into play more. However, like you said, the Engineer is guaranteed Warp Lightning which is on the whole more workable.

The Rival-Hide is the cheapest item that keeps a Seer alive an extra turn if a big scary grizzly or character gets in base to base, short of Killing Blow or D3 wounds or something similar. It's not ideal, sure, but for it's cost?

Consider the scroll and Condenser swapped however. Thanks!

w3rm
04-04-2010, 22:44
Ahh ok I mis read the RHT thing wrong. Yeah good point it does help a little bit.

pyroman08
06-04-2010, 08:32
Can't the seer retreat to the top of his bell to avoid being struck in cc?

Nocculum
06-04-2010, 11:16
He could, yes, but he's not riding one. Far too expensive when I'm already using a Stormvermin based list. Although saying that, I need to buy three more boxes before it's this big...and that's a big investment to stomach!