PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels codex: Sins

Aiwass
05-04-2010, 12:13
I'm currently reading the New BA codex and I found some heresy bits, at least in the spanish translation:

page 5: "Every Dark Angel knows that...

page 8: "[...]like the Lord of Skyfall or the Shield of Baal, are exclusive of the Dark Angels

A new codex is coming... I guess.

page 10: "Since then, when the Black Rage swept over him [Sanguinius]"

D'oh? I thought the Black Rage was a Blood Angels curse due to the death of the Primarch. Am I wrong? If not and I'm pretty sure, how can Sanguinius fall into the Black Rage?

page 14: "Three companies are sent to Dalaric [...] the Eldars wipe out more than a thousand battle-brothers.

At 333'3 marines per company, thats a 3k marines per chapter! :shifty:

Are you noticed more mistakes? Have you (non-spanish codex owners) the same errors?

NightrawenII
05-04-2010, 12:25
the page 5 nad page 8 are both Blood.
page 10 ".. when the blood-rage overtook him,..."
page 14 "... slaughter more than a hundred battle-brothers.."

Hmm, it looks like Lost in the translation.

Aiwass
05-04-2010, 12:29
the page 5 nad page 8 are both Blood.
page 10 ".. when the blood-rage overtook him,..."
page 14 "... slaughter more than a hundred battle-brothers.."

Hmm, it looks like Lost in the translation.

That's I guess, alas for the DA players.

Anyway it's a shame :(

Falkman
05-04-2010, 12:29
Wrong translations in every one of those examples I'm afraid.

Page 5 and 8 is "Blood Angels" in the English codex.

Page 10 is "blood-rage" in the English codex. And the wording isn't "since then" either, it's "when the Blood-rage overtook him", basically he's pissed because his friends are ambushed.

Page 14 is "more than a hundred" in the English codex.

One wonders if the translators get such basic stuff wrong, how are your rules working then? *shudder*

Aiwass
05-04-2010, 12:37
And the wording isn't "since then" either, it's "when the Blood-rage overtook him"

Yeah, I'm translating in english the translated codex, my fault.

One wonders if the translators get such basic stuff wrong, how are your rules working then? *shudder*

Descent of Angels, Blood talons, magna-thing, Red Thirst seems ok, equal to the english version.

Gray Hunter
05-04-2010, 23:44
I have heard that the Spanish version of the Codex in particular was riddled with problems. It's possible that the wrong version (i.e. not the final, proofed version) of a digital copy was sent to the printers by mistake. Either that or someone on the Spanish translation team failed to eat his Weetabix and drink his morning coffee every day for about a week.

Bredero
06-04-2010, 00:41
GW translations tend to be horrible, i have a dutch 40k rule book that has 2 errors in the word "rule book" on the cover (nl: regal boek, should be regelboek one word). I hope they aren't paying for the translation work because i can honestly say that i could do a better job.

Alessander
06-04-2010, 01:45
D'oh? I thought the Black Rage was a Blood Angels curse due to the death of the Primarch. Am I wrong? If not and I'm pretty sure, how can Sanguinius fall into the Black Rage?

Black Library Ret-conned this in the initial Horus Heresy books. The Black Rage was inflicted on Sanguinius himself during the opening of the Heresy on the planet of Signus Prime by the bloodthirster Ka'bandha. The Bloodthirster defeated the Primarch, broke Sanguinius' legs, said something along the lines of "your legs will heal, but this wound will always fester" and slaughtered hundreds of the Blood Angels Marines in one swoop in front of the Primarch. The psychic backlash of so many of his gene-sons being killed knocked Sanguinius unconcious. While their primarch was unconscious, the remaining marines went berzerk and slaughered the remaining Khrone daemons. When Sanguinius awoke, the marines were sullen at their uncontrolled fury. This didn't re-manifest until the death of Sanguinius, where the psychic backlash went the other way (ie the Primarch's death). Sanguinius did have his revenge on the Bloodthirster though during the siege of Terra - he broke the Ka'bandha's back over his knee. But the "festering wound" was already inflicted on the Primarch, and through his death (and because he was so psychially connected to his Legion) it was passed to his marines.

So in the end it means the Black Rage was inflicted on the Blood Angels by Khorne (or specifically, Khorne's greatest Bloodthirster).

Znail
06-04-2010, 01:55
Game translations in general tend to be horrible as its rare for any translator to have any understanding of the text nor the importance of exact wordings. Its sadly not a fault unique to GW.

Gdolkin
06-04-2010, 10:46
Black Library Ret-conned this in the initial Horus Heresy books. The Black Rage was inflicted on Sanguinius himself during the opening of the Heresy on the planet of Signus Prime by the bloodthirster Ka'bandha. The Bloodthirster defeated the Primarch, broke Sanguinius' legs, said something along the lines of "your legs will heal, but this wound will always fester" and slaughtered hundreds of the Blood Angels Marines in one swoop in front of the Primarch. The psychic backlash of so many of his gene-sons being killed knocked Sanguinius unconcious. While their primarch was unconscious, the remaining marines went berzerk and slaughered the remaining Khrone daemons. When Sanguinius awoke, the marines were sullen at their uncontrolled fury. This didn't re-manifest until the death of Sanguinius, where the psychic backlash went the other way (ie the Primarch's death). Sanguinius did have his revenge on the Bloodthirster though during the siege of Terra - he broke the Ka'bandha's back over his knee. But the "festering wound" was already inflicted on the Primarch, and through his death (and because he was so psychially connected to his Legion) it was passed to his marines.

So in the end it means the Black Rage was inflicted on the Blood Angels by Khorne (or specifically, Khorne's greatest Bloodthirster).
-While I embrace your conclusion, you've embellished a little on what is written in HHIV: Visions of Death about what happened on Signus there. Sanguinius never suffered the Black Rage, and Ka'Bandha never said that line (or anything like it, IIRC), but your interpretation/summary is broadly fair and true in my view. I like to call them Blessed by Khorne ;)

Ironmonger
07-04-2010, 02:53

:eek: That was one complicated shoehorn;)

daboarder
07-04-2010, 03:08
Actually considering the Red Thirst is completely different to the Black rage then it is far more likely that the curse given to the BA's by khorne is the red thirst.

Aiwass
07-04-2010, 20:39

Nope. Was Horus ;)

Actually considering the Red Thirst is completely different to the Black rage then it is far more likely that the curse given to the BA's by khorne is the red thirst.

Maybe, not sure at all. Is not the Red Thirst a mutation of the geneseed of Sanguinius? Because that's what I was taught in school.

Lothlanathorian
07-04-2010, 20:46
There weren't any errors in the English book. I read it all yesterday.

The Red Thirst is a flaw in their gene-seed. Most likely brought about by how they purify their blood. They've always been a bit...angry, though. The Black Rage is them having memories of Sang's death at the hands (Talons) of Horus and going nutty.

Grimtuff
07-04-2010, 22:25
Angeles Sangre
Angeles Oscuras

How in the great googly moogly do you mix those two up? :confused:

Aiwass
07-04-2010, 23:11
I don't know, tetrahydrocannabinnol perhaps? xD

Seriously, I can't understand this crappy translation :(

Alessander
08-04-2010, 03:04
-While I embrace your conclusion, you've embellished a little on what is written in HHIV: Visions of Death about what happened on Signus there. Sanguinius never suffered the Black Rage, and Ka'Bandha never said that line (or anything like it, IIRC), but your interpretation/summary is broadly fair and true in my view. I like to call them Blessed by Khorne ;)

You're right, it's not in HH4: Visions of Death.

It's in HH2: Visions of Darkness. Page 73.

Sanguinius was momentarily unbalanced as his legs were crushed in the whip's coils. The daemon smashed him to the ground with the flat of his axe. The winged hero was stunned, helpless before the daemon's wrath. As his vision cleared he looked up at the mighty monster towering over him.

"Come at me again, daemon! Feel the lick of my sword a second time if you dare!"

Ka'Bandha looked down on the smitten Primarch.

"I will let you live this time, manling. Your legs will heal but this wound will always fester."

At this, the beast let out a mighty bellow and flashed across the battlefield, cutting a huge swathe through the ranks of the Blood Angels with his great axe. Five-hundred Space Marines dies a horrible death as their bodies were torn apart. The psychic backlash of so many of his sons dying so suddenly blasted Sanguinius into unconsciousness. The Blood Angels were leaderless, their fate to be decidedů

Then the Blood Angels Marines went berserk on the daemons, as described in the 4th book.

Aiwass
08-04-2010, 07:27
Half chapter die and Sanguinius go faint? wtf? Anyways this quote don't say nothing about berserk, black rage or red thirst.

In another way, a "compasive" Bloodthirster? An action like this will be proper to an Slaanesh daemon. What is wrong with the BL?

Tiller5
08-04-2010, 07:48
Half chapter die and Sanguinius go faint? wtf? Anyways this quote don't say nothing about berserk, black rage or red thirst.

In another way, a "compasive" Bloodthirster? An action like this will be proper to an Slaanesh daemon. What is wrong with the BL?

Daemons will be Daemons - they like to play with mortals! In the Eisenhorn novels, the Daemonhost has several chances to kill Eisenhorn but, because he loves to play with him so much, he doesn't kill him. After all, the Daemon can come back, but the mortal can't - might as well have fun with them while you can!

Sceleris82
08-04-2010, 07:56
Why do you conclude its passion?
Maybe its a long term plan to corrupt the legion. Maybe its because is about more than rage, and about honor, and having decimated The Angels honor, would maybe be a way bigger punishment than death, or somthing else!

Still you picked.
Hi im a bloodthirster, i feel sorry for Sang, ill spare you!

Mannimarco
08-04-2010, 09:08
we must remember daemons have a cruel warped sense of humour, to that bloodthirster Im sure it was hilarious wiping out a lot of blood angels leaving sanguinius helpless and unable to stop him

Gdolkin
08-04-2010, 10:14
You're right, it's not in HH4: Visions of Death.

It's in HH2: Visions of Darkness. Page 73.

Then the Blood Angels Marines went berserk on the daemons, as described in the 4th book.
Touche sir, I didn't know Signus was in both books.. Does it really say 'the smitten Primarch'? Did they mean 'stricken', perhaps? Strangely, there's a similar poor choice of word in the HH4 account of the event, where the Blood Angels' blood-lust can not be 'slated' (rather than either 'sated' or 'slaked').. I've got this image of Sanguinius staring up adoringly at KaBhanda now, with little love hearts flying around him.. bah!

Aiwass
08-04-2010, 10:25
Why do you conclude its passion?
Maybe its a long term plan to corrupt the legion. Maybe its because is about more than rage, and about honor, and having decimated The Angels honor, would maybe be a way bigger punishment than death, or somthing else!

Still you picked.
Hi im a bloodthirster, i feel sorry for Sang, ill spare you!

we must remember daemons have a cruel warped sense of humour, to that bloodthirster Im sure it was hilarious wiping out a lot of blood angels leaving sanguinius helpless and unable to stop him

Yes, I know. If we speak about daemons in general, this point fit very well, like Morgoth, etc. But the entities of warp, are created by emotions, and Khorne and his minions, are fed by hate and rage I have understood. Because this I am surprised that a demon made out of pure rage and hatred, may be capable of such subtleties.

Moreover, the Chaos Gods are complex to understand. Since Khorne, besides being a God of War, so is (or was) of honor, and the kind of action that relates this novel, is anything but honorable. IMHO.