PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2000 points

cabowers
06-04-2010, 09:12
Hey everyone, just getting back into fantasy after a prolonged period playing 40K. Have looked at my old WoC army and came up with this new list.

The basic premise from a background POV is that it is the warband of a powerful sorcerer along with his two body guards.

Any advice or changes would be appreciated

Sorcerer Lord - Level 4, MofT, Golden Eye, Dispel Scroll, Disc of Tzeentch

Exalted Hero - Great Weapon, MofT, Biting Blade, Armour of Morrsileb

Exalted Hero - AHW, MofT

19 Chaos Warriors - Full Command, War Banner, Shields, MofT

17 Chaos Warriors - Full Command, AHW, MofT

25 Marauders - Full Command, Shields, Light Armour

6 Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen - Full Command, Spears, Shields, Throwing Axes

5 Chaos Knights - Full Command, Enscorlled Weapons, MofT, Blasted Standard

ROCKY
06-04-2010, 11:14
if your not going all magic i would suggest 2 exalteds and 2 lvl 2s (plus its risky putting ur lord on a disc) and those blocks of warriors are too big, take 1 unit of 20-25 marauders, 1 unit of 14 chaos warriors, 2 units of knights, and some hounds.

Althwen
06-04-2010, 12:25
Nah, the lord on disc is fine but you do need to bring at least one other mage to the table if you wanna go magic.
If you do bring an exalted hero, don't forget you can upgrade him to a Battle standard bearer for only 25 pts and still give him magic items: handy against small units.
I recommend giving more heroes discs. Chaos needs speed to get where you want to be.

As for the units: Your list isn't going anywhere. All those footsloggers will only do you any good if your magic is up to par so you can start killing from long range. I'd only field 1 unit of 12 warriors at the most. Fill up the other slots with marauder horsemen and take another knight unit. That'll provide you with some mobility.

Lordsaradain
06-04-2010, 15:35
The warrior blocks are abit too big IMO, 10-15 in each will do just fine(if your warriors are going to work in syrengy with the marauders, who already have full ranks, it is unnecessary to have ranked warrior units as well). Both units must have sheilds, even if you plan on using AHW in combat, sheilds are a must vs shooting.

I'd completely drop your exalted, chaos has enough hitting power as it is, you dont really need exalted to beat your opponent in combat.

Spears and sheilds seem unecessary on your marauder horsemen.

If possible, I'd try squeezing in another unit of knights and prehaps another sorcerer with the points you saved. Some more warhounds would be good aswell.

halforkbarbarian
07-04-2010, 02:06
vilitch the curseling is an excellent spell caster. he know all the spells of tzeentch and can turned enemies failed power dice into dispel dice and there failed dispel dice into extra power dice

Peregijn
07-04-2010, 07:16
But if you really want 2 big blocks of chaos warriors than I suggest to make 2 blocks of 18 (6 wide and 3 deep) give them shields, always give shields like Lordsaradain said. They are handy vs shooting and very good when fighting in CC with sword masters or something elite.

If you aren’t to hung up on your team you could make them 3 units of 12 (6 wide and 2 deep) and convert one unit to chosen. Keep the chosen unit in the middle and put a bsb there. Now you have a great anvil line walking towards your enemy

Foot troops are slow yes but personally I like the big units of chaos warriors marching towards the enemy lines with hellcannon fire and spells leading the way. You will have to get out of your way to shield your units against shooting and magic. Try to get your hands on some more warhounds. They are very cheap and good ad what they do (which is dying to protect the master)

Brady
07-04-2010, 18:54
I personally would always take knights bare - I think they become much to expensive when you give them upgrades. I would take of the musician and Champ from the unit. ( i can see why you have blasted banner/tzeentch combo )

As others have said i would replace your warriors with 3 units of 12 ( 6x2 ) its around the same points. Shields are always a worthy investment.

I also agree with swapping out one ( or both ) of the exalted heros for another Lvl 2 Sorceror. With the points saved from the champ and musician from the knights you can afford to replace the lvl 4 with vilitch the curseling - a worthy investment i think. ( His cool rule means you will have a lot more dispel dice :D

GWItheUltimate
08-04-2010, 17:14
I always field my Knights:

5-6 x Chaos Knights
A Mark (if you want)
Banner + Musician
250-280 pts

Shields on Warriors is MANDATORY, for 1 pt per models it's given !