PDA

View Full Version : Wrahmmer doubles dilema

ashley.willson
06-04-2010, 11:17
Me and my brother are thinking about attending a doubles tournament and want to go with a decent doubles army!

We are both pretty good painters and can churn out a decent looking army, very very quickly!

THere is only one rule here, one of the armies HAS to be Skaven, and the two forces are 750pts following all of GW's doubles rules!

Like i say we want a force that looks good and plays good, im not looking for complete lists necesarrily just something to get the thought process going.

So far we ar eliking the idea of Dark elves with dark riders, shades and assassins!!

Ideas please!!!!!

Condottiere
06-04-2010, 17:55
This might have a better chance of being answered in General.

But it's hard to argue against Dark Elves; but you need to do is coordinate between the two armies, what each is going to do, how they are going to do it, and with which unit or piece of equipment.

Grymlok
06-04-2010, 20:39
Use less exclamation marks!!! :D

ashley.willson
11-04-2010, 10:10
well exclamation marks aside, any suggestions?

Condottiere
11-04-2010, 10:33
Put the Rats in the centre and send the DE out on the wings in an encirclement manoeuvre?

scarvet
11-04-2010, 12:22
Or Rats holding one flank and the DE swipe from the other?

sssk
12-04-2010, 13:25
Me and my brother ...

"My brother and I..."

Anyway, what other armies do you own?

Skaven and DE could work wonders, skaven go horde so there's too much to shoot, and DE go fairly elite for some punch. Actually, thinking about it, maybe it would work better the other way round. have rat ogres and if you're feeling beardy, an abomination for the punch, and a vast array of DE warriors (which I seem to recall are very cheap for their stat line).

alternatively go monstrous with a ton of slaves for cover and a distraction.

Condottiere
12-04-2010, 21:58
Hordes do work better in small games.

Dantès
12-04-2010, 22:24
Skaven:

2 level 1 warlock engineers, one with condenser and doomrocket, the other with 2x scrolls. This comes out to 230 for the pair.

HPA with warpstone spikes, for 250.

Fill out the rest with 4 units of 21 with muso each, 2 units of 5 giant rats with packmaster, a bsb with storm banner.

Have your brother take a Hydra, 3 units of dark riders, and the rest CoK, with a smattering of sorceresses for magic.

GWItheUltimate
13-04-2010, 17:20
Well you will need all the skaven to be close to your General.. but the DE doesn't need this as much..

so I'd say, Skaven infantry + shooting and DE Cavalry + magic

Drakcore Bloodtear
13-04-2010, 19:50
What about a HPA and Hydra?
That'll make you friends with everyone :p

Condottiere
14-04-2010, 06:40
Anything causing terror at 1500 points is bound to have an advantage, since the chances are rather good that your opponent may not have the appropriate counter measure, or not enough time to implement it.

ashley.willson
14-04-2010, 08:34
im liking the sounds of HPA and hydra that could be a laugh! Thinking going dark riders, xbows and magic alongside that if possible with horde skavewn??

Slot
14-04-2010, 20:58
you'll probably not be able to run that combo unfortunately as they are both rare choices and in 1500 doubles games (at least the ones i have been involved in) you have one rare choice between you

Condottiere
14-04-2010, 23:16
That's a good rule, though the opening post mentioned that the only rule was that one army had to be Skaven.

SkawtheFalconer
15-04-2010, 08:07
Try Undead, and as many Wights as you can manage. ;)

Daemons are, of course, also pretty nasty at that points level (but then when aren't they?)

Slot
15-04-2010, 08:19
That's a good rule, though the opening post mentioned that the only rule was that one army had to be Skaven.

Ouch... that could be one hell of a mean tournament!!!

Grimmeth
15-04-2010, 14:53
Goblins + Skaven, sure you're not likely to win all that much (although Goblins do defy all odds quite often) but an army that size would scare the bejesus out of anyone!

I'd do it just for a laugh...

Raditz
15-04-2010, 19:03
Goblins + Skaven, sure you're not likely to win all that much (although Goblins do defy all odds quite often) but an army that size would scare the bejesus out of anyone!

At my local doubles, two guys did just that... I'm pretty sure they did well...

Slot
15-04-2010, 21:58
Kinda reminds me of the bloodbowl team the underworld creepers, gobbos and skaven, each hating each others guts but still trying to win (and screw each other at the same time)