PDA

View Full Version : What to buy?

Sgt John Keel
24-05-2005, 16:22
I have a problem with deciding what I should buy this next month for my not so hard earned cash, so I was thinking you could help me decide. I will buy two things, the question is in which order. Which should I buy first?

The Wood Elf Dragon
The 5th Edition Dark Elves, DoW, Dwarf armybooks and the Bretonnian Damsels

Both is for my HE army.

/Adrian

Rathgar
24-05-2005, 16:45
Go for option 2.
The 5th Edition armybooks are packed full of info and background (I got 'em all! Bar the chaos boxed set thingy). And IIRC the ones you mentioned have a few referances to the High Elves (especially the Dark Elf book).
Are you talking about the current or classic Bretonnian Damsels tho?

Sgt John Keel
24-05-2005, 17:00
Go for option 2.
The 5th Edition armybooks are packed full of info and background (I got 'em all! Bar the chaos boxed set thingy). And IIRC the ones you mentioned have a few referances to the High Elves (especially the Dark Elf book).
Are you talking about the current or classic Bretonnian Damsels tho?

Current damsels. Although I might decide to change them for the new mages, I don't know.

/Adrian

Brandir
24-05-2005, 18:07
The Wood Elf dragon is a mighty fine model; I'd go for that.

Spider
24-05-2005, 18:19
Dragon.

IMO the Wood Elf dragon is the finest dragon model GW have produced.

polanowj
24-05-2005, 19:06
and certainly easier to put together than Galrauch (ouch those spines hurt)

tzeentchgiant
24-05-2005, 19:14
Invest your money in the chinese economy, it will work out far better in the end.

By the by I voted alternative one.

TG

Crazy Harborc
24-05-2005, 19:22
I vote for the Woodie Dragon. The second choice will include money spent for books not in the current game of 6th Ed. Great for reference, good pictures too.

I admit I have them already. I wouldn't spend any money on them that means not having enough to get the dragon also. Hey IF, you are able to buy the armybooks for pennies instead of lots of dollars/pounds/euros buy them also. ;)

Sgt John Keel
24-05-2005, 21:04
Remember, it's just a question of I will buy the stuff this month or next, I will get both in any case. ;)

Thanks for the replies.

Hmm. Pretty even by now...

/Adrian

skavenguy13
25-05-2005, 01:38
I'd say the 2nd option.
Really, what good is it to have a dragon model? It's almost only used in 3K+ battles, long to paint (and glue sometimes), problematic to carry, breaks easily... Really, the books are less trouble. However, I suggest saving the money from the damsels and wait for the dragon. Still a good addition when you get a big army.

Griefbringer
25-05-2005, 09:28
Are you sure that those old army books will be still available next month? If not, grab them now!

Sgt John Keel
25-05-2005, 13:03
Are you sure that those old army books will be still available next month? If not, grab them now!

Not really. They will probably not sell them, but there's the chance the store will stuff them away somewhere.

You know guys, an 8/8 vote ain't helping. ;)

/Adrian

Cpt. Drill
25-05-2005, 15:00
deffinatly slot two because then you will have lots to read and some minis to paint.. then it may inspire you to do an army! DEFINATLY SLOT TWO!!!

Rövhalt
25-05-2005, 15:07
Just the DoW army book makes option #2 the only viable option. Plus it is cool to own 5:th ed. books...

Rathgar
25-05-2005, 16:16
You know guys, an 8/8 vote ain't helping. ;)

Every time I look at the poll its 50/50.

"Ask not the Portenters a question, for they shall give you two answers and they shall both be completely useless."

Sorry Sarge!

Sgt John Keel
28-05-2005, 11:04
I feel a non-supressable urge to bump this.

BUMP

/Adrian

Lord Lucifer
28-05-2005, 15:08
Option 2. The Forest Dragon will be available for a good many years... or at least a couple
The books are only available if you manage to track them down.

Go option 2.

Griefbringer
28-05-2005, 15:25
Every time I look at the poll its 50/50.

"Ask not the Portenters a question, for they shall give you two answers and they shall both be completely useless."

I think you have to be lucky to get only two different answers - usually if it is 12 people replying to the question, there will be at least 17 different answers, plus at least 3 references to Monty Python.

And now for something completely different...

Lord Lucifer
28-05-2005, 15:37
Now now, griefbringer, we can't let things get silly

[/the Portent Inquisition]
(our weapon is suprise, suprise and fear, fear and suprise...)

That's our three references out of the way, right? ;)

Rabid Bunny 666
28-05-2005, 18:52
the second choice

the books may be gone before you go to buy them and (apparently) the wood elf dragon is staying the same

Hiox
28-05-2005, 20:10
Option 2. Get the books while you can. The dragon isn't going anyway and can wait.

Crazy Harborc
28-05-2005, 21:17
I would try to at least put a dragon on lay-away at the local indie. IMHO, old, not in use armybooks are not worth too much. A local indie chain has 3/4 auctions a year. WDs go for a buck for one, armybooks/rulebooks go for a couple of bucks. I would just make them an offer for outdated, out of print rules etc.

Rathgar
01-06-2005, 22:39
Hey sarge, give your fans feedback! What did you buy??

Sgt John Keel
02-06-2005, 10:33
I went according to the poll... except the FLGS didn't have the damsels so I bought the Phoenix Guard Hero instead. I'm tryng to get it to fit into a Chariot. I have to say that the DoW book is interesting.

/Adrian

Rathgar
02-06-2005, 17:30
You made the right choice Sarge. Now you can bask in the warm fuzzy glow of WFB fluff. :p
Have you read any of the little stories in the DoW book yet? The one were the Elf captain goes to complain to the general is my fav, closely followed by the ogre plundering song. :D

Sgt John Keel
02-06-2005, 19:10
You made the right choice Sarge. Now you can bask in the warm fuzzy glow of WFB fluff. :p
Have you read any of the little stories in the DoW book yet? The one were the Elf captain goes to complain to the general is my fav, closely followed by the ogre plundering song. :D

I like when Golfag just leaves the ogre lying in the fire... And that amazingly stupid "how to become a Prince..."

/Adrian