PDA

View Full Version : Base for Tervigon conversion

Konfa
06-04-2010, 14:32
First of all, I totally failed at my searching foo so if this has been done in any easy found threads please link me but I couldn't find any.

What modelkit are you using as base for tervigon conversions? Atm I'm using the carnifex body and I think the look is great but the size is a bit minimalistic.

Hexfourth
06-04-2010, 14:51
I think it makes sense to put W6 MCs on oval bases and W4 MCs on the bases that are one size smaller (carnifex bases). Most of the W6 MCs that are purely conversion at the moment (tervigon and t-fex) seem to have fluff that portray the creatures as being massive anyway, so it's natural to assume they'd use bigger bases.

Konfa
06-04-2010, 15:00
Agree on bases, I'm refering on what model you use as a base for the actual modelling, not the playing base which the model then stands on. A carnifexbased terv very naturally spreads out on an oval base.

On the topic of the fluff, terms could be in larvaestate inside the terv and piccies are not much to go by, look at various pictures of warrior sizes for example. But I agree on them being big yes.

SPYDER68
06-04-2010, 15:08
Use the large oval base. Its probly the best for a tervigon due to size and gives you alot more room to work with.

eriochrome
06-04-2010, 15:09
People are mainly using fexes. I extended the joint between the legs and torso to add to the size but I have seen people essentially widen the fex in the middle by adding internal spacers and then fill in with green stuff sculpting.

Konfa
06-04-2010, 15:32
How high does that make your Tervigons. The ones I sculpt gets high enough not to cover from gants but small enough to get covers by warriors and HGs

SPYDER68
06-04-2010, 15:39
They make there Tervigon longer, not taller.. having him leaning forward alot.

Konfa
06-04-2010, 15:47
Nice to hear that I'm not building them too easy to claim cover then.

Is the same valid for T-fexes?

Hexfourth
06-04-2010, 17:02
A standard carnifex could gain a 50% cover save from your warriors naturally (without any special conversions / modifications). I'm assuming that even though you're building them a little lower you're fine.

Also, sorry for misinterpreting your question. My tervigon is based around the carnifex look but has trygon bits to make it look slightly different. The chest piece is a trygon's to give it that bloated look (they're also an easier to work with plastic). I also used the largest scything talons from the trygon for the tervigon's frontal talons. Then I have an assorted amount of bits and other goodies for flavor. It's also crouching slightly, just enough to get that "Look at me, I'm preggers!" look (as if the egg-sack doesn't give that away).

I'll actually JUST finished my tervigon not too long ago. I'm very happy with how it turned out (based it off a tutorial I found on the interwebs). I'll post a picture when I get the chance after getting home tonight.

utrotaren
06-04-2010, 23:33
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff253/utrotaren/

Here are my tervigon based on the carnifex, both pre and post painting pictures.

Mindshred
06-04-2010, 23:44
I'm using a carnifex with a flipped torso and a bunch of plastic grapes which have been added to its back to make it look like it's carrying around a bunch of egg sacs. He's a bit more upright than a normal carnifex, so I'm just running him on a normal carnifex base; he just wouldn't fill out an oval base enough to make it look right.

Clang
07-04-2010, 06:56
I too am using a bulked-up fex (and will probably mount it on an oval base). But if I wasn't planning on also converting some Tyrannofexes from Trygons, then a Trygon would also make a good start for a Tervigon.

Arkturas
07-04-2010, 11:22
Carnifex mounted to a CD. Second Carnifex carapace piece mounted to the front with genestealer scenery pieces cut down and mounted to the chest. Greenstuffed three extra vents down the centre of the back. Arms and head are standard fex bits magnetised so they can be swapped. Two Termagants and more genestealer scenery bits on the base.

Hypaspist
07-04-2010, 12:45
Konfa,
Check out Sheep's (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59410&page=96) Tervigon, based off a Carnifex.

Very Nice indeed, disgusting... but cool! :)

Mojaco
07-04-2010, 15:46
I've used a carnifex and loads of green stuff. You can see it here; http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243115