PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Sayings

Korvos
15-02-2006, 04:46
Help me compile all the Imperial Sayings you know of!

I'm especially looking for Catechisms beyond the 3 I have and the parody.

Edit - Files didnt upload, let me try again. They're too big I'll post them.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt
Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

"A mind without purpose will walk in dark places"

"Innocence proves nothing"

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates flung open.

Oh great Machine God, we implore thee to cast your benevolent gaze upon this vessel, the Divine Right. Let your burning power seethe through its engines. Let your undying wards lay upon its shield generators and armored bulkheads. Let your mighty anger spit forth destruction and vengeance through the great mysteries of laser and plasma and missile. Invest this mighty armored shell with your spirit and breathe life into its power relays and conduits. All power to the Omnisiah.

"When in doubt, move forward."

Only the Insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper can judge what is sane.

We are born for dying.

There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.

"Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none."

"Do not ask why kill the alien, instead ask... why not ?"

"Grant me the sight of the eagle, the calm of the breeze, the patience of a saint and the skill to smite the foe from afar"

"Hate enriches"

"My armor is contempt"

"Only in death does duty end".

"I had heard many rumors of the horrors of the mysterious Eldar. Of fire-clad daemons no weapons could harm. Of power-wreathed psykers who can tell your fortune and forecast your doom. Of winged warriors falling from the sky like rain and tall guardian warriors powered by the spirits of the dead. None concerned me. None held any terror for a faithful servant of the Emperor with the might of the Imperial Guard at his command.
None save their aircraft. When fighting the Eldar, watch the skies..."
- from the memoirs of Lord Commander Morcar

“We pray for souls
adrift in the tide,
May those who are lost find peace,
All our fathers
and all our brothers,
We pray for souls
adrift on the tide.”
Ave Navigatus
Litany of Lost Souls

“When cities burn and armies turn and flee in disarray,
and cowards cry 'tis best to fly and fight another day,
A warrior knows it in his bones that when he dies and falls,
'tis better to have fought and lost than to have never fought at all.”
Verse of the Talamactra

"We are in war with too terrible forces to include/understand them. We cannot feel mercy by any of the victims who have been too weak to choose the way just. The mercy destroys to us, it debilitates to us and it seizes of our determination. Let us eliminate such thoughts, because they are not known to an inquisitor in the service of Our Emperor. Let us praise His name, because in our resolution we do not do more than to reflect His will ".
Inquisidor Enoch,
Reprobaciones of the Last Days

"While vile mutants still draw breath, there can be no peace.
While obscene heretics' hearts still beat, there can be no respite.
While faithless traitors still live, there can be no forgiveness."
-Legiones Astartes Silver Skulls' Catechism of Hate
-Verse I of XXV

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

"Those I cannot crush with words, I will crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard."

CATECHISM OF THE XENO
To be Unclean - That is the Mark of the Xenos
To be Impure - That is the Mark of the Xenos
To be Abhorred - That is the Mark of the Xenos
To be Reviled - That is the Mark of the Xenos
To be Hunted - That is the Mark of the Xenos
To be Purged - That is the fate of the Xenos
To be Cleansed - For that is the fate of all Xenos
-From the third book of indoctrinations

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair, an illusion of the mind"

Thought begets hate, hate begets pain, pain begets war, war begets heresy.... our greatest enemy is thought.

"A fleet of Imperial ships at war are the best negotiators..."
-- Lord Admiral Ravensburg

"I have at my command an entire battle group of the Imperial Guard. Fifty regiments, including specialized drop troops, stealthers, mechanized formations, armored companies, combat engineers and mobile artillery. Over half a million fighting men and over thirty thousand tanks and artillery pieces are mine to command. Emperor, show mercy to the fool that stands against me, for I shall not"
-Warmaster Demetrius said at the outset of the Salonika Crusade in 733.M38

Every human life is a spark in the darkness. Flares for a moment, catches the eye, and is gone forever, eclipsed by newer, brighter lights.

"Give me a hundred Space Marines. Or failing that, give me a thousand other troops."
-Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists

"Peace through superior firepower"

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

In a time of darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of insanity,
look to the madman to show the way.

Only in your deepest self is the truth of what you can be, and, without a doubt, that truth is terrible to bear.

The space marines fear no evil, for we are fear incarnate.

Examine your thoughts.

To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the emperor.

Perseverance and silence are the highest virtues.

“The Emperor goes between you and harm,
In all the dark places where you must walk.”

“God-Emperor, oh our source of security. Protect us from foul daemons. Guard the wombs of our women that wee mites are not twisted into mutants. Save us from the darkness within darkness. Oh watch over us as we carry out your will. Imperator hominorum, nostra salvatio!”

“In nomine Imperatis, guard our armour and our gaze; lubricate our projectile weapons that they do not jam. Bless and brighten the beams of our lasers; fiat lux in tenebris.”

“Imperator hominorum. Oh God-Emperor bless the crops of these people. Nostra salvatio! Blast the locust so that they will live and breathe and thrive under your guiding light.”

“There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No-one knows the shape of that future, or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.”
Trakan

“It is the story of a man who did insane things because he put into practice what many Saints have preached.”
Dolan Chirosius in the Ministorum Libra Martyr

Korvos
15-02-2006, 04:51
And heres the 2nd page.

“A single man of faith can triumph over a legion of the faithless. Untold billions of the faithful can never be opposed.”
The sermons of Sebastion Thor, Vol. XI, Ch. IV

“You have committed the ultimate heresy. Not only have you turned your back on the Emperor and stepped from the light, you have profaned His name and almost destroyed everything He has striven to build. You have perverted and twisted the path He has laid out for mankind to tread. As your own decrees have stated, there can be no mercy for such a crime, no pity for such a criminal. I renounce your lordship, for you walk in the darkness and cannot be allowed to live. Your sentence is long overdue and now it is time for you to die.”
Alicia Dominica, leader of the Daughters of the Emperor, to High Lord Goge Vandire.

“I tread the path of Righteousness. Though it be paved with broken glass, I shall walk it barefoot; though it crosses rivers of fire, I will pass over them; though it wanders wide, the light of the Emperor guides my step.”
Confessor Dolan of Chiros - Sermon on the road to Gathalamor

“The strength of the Emperor is Humanity, and the strength of Humanity is the Emperor. If one turns from the other we shall all become the Lost and the Damned.”
The sermons of Sebastion Thor,
Vol. XXVII, Ch. LXII

“Prayer may cleanse the soul, but pain cleanses the body. Both are necessary for the survival of humanity.”
Confessor Ganinimus.

“The Daemonic leads to two crimes. You turn from the path of righteousness and you abandon the Emperor as the object of your devotion. For the first, death is merely a just retribution. The second is a Heresy so terrible that no punishment can be sufficient. Yet the search for an appropriate penalty continues, and it shall be found.”
Malleus Daemonicus, The Decleration of Eclesiarch Issus XLVII

“The weak will always be lead by the strong. Where the strong find purpose and act, the weak will follow. Where the strong cry out against fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are many who are weak and many are their temptations. Despise the weak for they flock to the call of the Daemon and the Renegade. Pity them not and scorn their cries of innocence - it is better that one hundred innocents fall before the wrath of the Emperor than one kneels before the Daemon.”
The first book of Indoctrinations.

• “Beloved Emperor, bless those Guardsmen, as they are hence to be the faithful in a land of heretics.
• Beloved Emperor, strengthen their faith and hearts, so they shalt feel no fear in the face of chaos and despair.
• Beloved Emperor, bless their weapons of these, the righteous.
• Beloved Emperor, bless their armor, so they will be protected ‘gainst the depredations of the foe.
• Beloved Emperor, bless their faith, that they shall resist the seduction of chaos.
• Beloved Emperor, bless their tanks and machines of war, so they will carry them safely through the faithless lands.
• Imperial Guardsmen, the Emperor is with you, as you are about to be the faithful in a land of heretical faith.
• Fear not, as the Emperor is with those who are faithful!
• In the face of death, fear not, as the Emperor is with you.
• Beloved Emperor, I recommend you the souls of these faithful Guardsmen.
• Bless them and protect them, as they shall travel dangerous paths.
• Beloved Emperor, have mercy on them, have mercy on those of them who shall not return home.
• Beloved Emperor, embrace those who fall in your never ending love.
• I bless thee, in the name of the Emperor.
• Accept your orders, serve the Emperor and Mankind.
• Make glorious triumph yours and fail not in the eyes of your Emperor and the eves of your commanders.”
Commissar-General Koraken Dwight.

“Though I travel into the eternal darkness of the Void, I shall fear not, for my Emperor is my Light. Though I tread amongst the Heathen and the Xenos, I shall concern myself not, for the Emperor is my Guide. Though I march into the fields of battle, I shall worry not, for the Emperor is my Protector.
Though I journey from this world to the next I shall falter not, for the Emperor is my God.”
Missionary Galaxia Herman Colt.

“What race save Humanity has the right to rule this galaxy?
The Eldar are fallen from grace, forever cursed by their great failure and their unlimited arrogance.
The Orks have no order, no true leader and directed goal to steer them.
The Tau lack any sense of the hereafter and have faith in nowt bar material and transient technology.
The Tyranid lack any culture or learning, seeking only to kill, feed and breed.
The ancient Necrontyr have slumbered too long, loosing whatever hope they may once have held.
The Slann hide themselves away, not wishing to face the fire and be tempered by it.
Humanitas dominatus omnis, de iam dum terminus aetas.”
Eclesiarch Morden IX

“Love the Emperor,
For he is the salvation of mankind
Obey His words,
for He will lead you into the light of the future
Heed His wisdom, for He will protect you from evil
Whisper His prayers with devotion, for they will salve your soul
Honour His servants, for they speak in His voice
Tremble before His majesty, for we all walk in His immortal shadow”
Imperial Hymnal

“War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.”
Inscription across the ceiling of the Chapel Primus on the Divine Right

“Let the Emperor guide my shot;
Let my faith shield me;
Let his strength shield my brethren;
FOR THE EMPEROR AND HUMANITY! ON TO BATTLE!”
Battle prayer of the Imperial Guard

“Though the darkness will be rent by noise and flame,
Let not men’s souls be broken in the crucible of war.”
Prayer of Preacher Veltros Theodorus before the third battle of Tarrisus Ridge

"We lay upon the ground the red rose of our Order. The blood of the pure has washed back the impure, but we who live shall be called upon to join them soon."
Celestian Superior Avril Lantine. Order of the Bloody Rose.

“By our regalia shall we be known.
By our adornments shall we be recognized.
By our faith shall we be judged.
We are Sororitas. We are Seraphim.”
From the Catechisms of the Seraphim

• For eleven hundred years I have fought and I have seen the darkness of our galaxy...I have seen all the evil the galaxy harbours, and I have slain them. I have seen what you must see, I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...Righteousness is your shield, Faith your armour and Hatred your weapon. So fear not, and be proud...
~Commander Dante of the Blood Angels

• They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.
~The Emperor of Mankind

• After the orbital strikes, Thunderhawk bombardments, Whirlwinds, Vindicators, fusion and starfire and finally Battle Brothers with flamers had finished cleasing the world of all the enemies of Man, we built a monastery in the center of the largest, most radioactive impact crater. We named the planet "Tranquility", for it was very quiet now.
~Brother Vlad Carthas

• To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor
~Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines

• Listen not to the alien, Look not upon the alien, Speak not unto the alien.
~Anonymous

• The Space Marines fear no Evil, for we are Fear Incarnate!
~Konrad Curze

Korvos
15-02-2006, 04:52
And the last page

• Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live...
~In Exterminatus Extremis

• In an Imperium of a million worlds, what is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
~Inquisition motto

• The strength of the Emperor is Humanity, and the strength of Humanity is the Emperor. If one turns from the other we shall all become the Lost and the Damned.
~The Sermons of Sebastian Thor, Vol. XXVII Ch. LXII

Yes it is true what you have heard whispered amongst the catacombs betwixt the night and nether-night! Why not say it out loud for all to hear? Let the fools doubt and sneer, it matters not. Be proud of your humanity and keep it unsullied and blessed.
This is as my Master told it to me and now I tell it thee.
There are a billion names of damnation! A billion kinds of things that slither and slime and defile the land and sea and wind. Each thing is a kind of sin spawned by man's evil. And that man is very sinful there are many of these damned things and their power is great.
As the purpose of all things in nature is to increase so it is with the damned. They would we joined them and so they seek to overcome us. In alien forms they assault us. In sleep they come to spread doubt and fear among us. They would corrupt our hearts and see us damned too. Trust them not nor suffer them to live.
For each alien destroyed is a soul freed from eternal bondage. Each mortal alien life extinguished is a human soul raised to glory. Thus our eternal destiny is written in the blood of the alien.
With sword and spear destroy the alien. With cannon shot and gun blast smash the alien. With laser beam and searing plasma scatter the alien to the stars. With tooth and fist and hammer blows, with axe and shell and poison-bombs, with virus-charge and thermal mines!
Kill them! Kill them! Kill them all!
As my Master told it me I now tell it thee that thou shalt tell others in thy turn.
~Anonymous

BY THE EMPEROR

Thou shalt attend to thy work at the appointed hour

Thou shalt seek no reward but the satisfaction of thy Master

Thou shalt know thy Duties

Thou shalt Obey thy Master in all matters

Thou shalt rejoice in thy Service

Thou shalt be grateful of thy Master's Favour

Thou shalt not make improper use of thy Master's comm-links, nor his las-lines, nor his opticon either

Thou shalt be glad of thy Master's punishment, for it is deserved, and it improves thee

Thou shalt not speak but Praise of thy Master

Thou shalt not look upon the words of the Heretic nor speak of them

~Ecclesiarchal Proscriptions
MCXVII.IV

• Death be thy compass.
• Carry the Emperorīs will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.
• Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.
• To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.
• Prayer cleanses the soul, but pain cleanses the body.
• There is only the Emperor, and he is our shield and protector.
• A small mind is easily filled with faith.
• For those who seek perfection there can be no rest this side of the grave.
• The difference between heresy and treachery is ignorance.
• Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets Retribution.
• Knowledge is power, guard it well.
• A small mind is a tidy mind.
• An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded.
• Better crippled in body than corrupt in mind.
• Hope is the beginning of unhappiness.
• If a jobīs worth doing itīs worth dying for.
• Innocence proves nothing.
• Only the awkward question; only the foolish ask twice.
• Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind.
• Success is commemorated; Failure merely remembered.
• The wise man learns from the deaths of others.
• Wisdom is the beginning of fear.
• Zeal is its own excuse.
• Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.
• Know the mutant; kill the mutant.
• Death is the servant of the righteous.
• Zeal is no excuse.
• My armour is contempt.
• Ignorance is a virtue.
• A wise man does not fear, a man afraid does not think.
• Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.
• Only in death does duty end.
• Excuses are the refuge of the weak.
• Kill, kill, kill.
• Faith is your shield.
• All souls cry out for salvation.
• Without Him there is nothing.
• Damnation is eternal.
• Cease and Repent.
• Submit to His will.
• Purity of purpose.
• Curse now the death in vain.
• His will be done.
• No man died in His service that died in vain.
• To withdraw in disgust is not apathy.
• There is nothing to fear but failure.
• Mercy is a sign of weakness.
• A mind without purpose will wander in dark places.
• Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
• Truth is subjective.
• Faith without deeds is worthless.
• Nobody is innocent, there are merely varying levels of guilt.
• Beginning reform is beginning revolution.
• Educate men without faith and you but make them clever devils.
• Forgiveness is a sign of weakness.
• Hard work conquers everything.
• Perseverance and silence are the highest virtues.
• Success is measured in blood; yours or your enemyīs.
• Leniency is a sign of weakness.
• Hatred is the Emperorīs greatest gift to humanity.
• Magnanimity is a sign of weakness.
• Thou shalt not.
• The man who has nothing can still have faith.
• Compassion is a sign of weakness.
• Be strong in your ignorance.
• Doubt is a sign of weakness.
• A broad mind lacks focus.
• Tolerance is a sign of weakness.
• A narrow view sees better.
• Despair is a sign of weakness.
• The blood of martyrs is the seed of the Imperium.
• Burn the heretic.
• Kill the mutant.
• Purge the unclean.
• Examine your thoughts.
• Serve the Emperor today, tomorrow you may be dead.
• Obey your orders.
• It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself.
• To question is to doubt.
• The truly wise are always afraid.
• Fear denies faith.
• Never forget, never forgive.
• Only the Emperor is all.
• The Emperor knows, the Emperor is watching.
• Life is a prison, death a release.
• A suspicious mind is a healthy mind.
• Heresy grows from idleness.
• Life is the Emperorīs currency, spend it well.
• That was then, this is now.
• Foolish are those who fear nothing, yet claim to know everything.
• Brave are they who know everything yet fear nothing.
• Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.
• It is better for a man to be afraid than happy.
• Happiness is a delusion of the weak.
• True happiness stems only from duty.
• To serve Him is to worship Him.
• The loyal slave learns to love the lash.
• Work earns Salvation.
• Work is Prayer.
• He who keeps silent consents.
• Truth begets hatred.

Damn those Eldar and their fashionable pointed helmets. Why must I languish under these outdated Stormtrooper-esque masks? Men, slaughter them, and bring me their hats."

Lockjaw
15-02-2006, 13:10
"fakk this."
-Commissar Caiphias Cain

Sephiroth
15-02-2006, 14:00
• For eleven hundred years I have fought and I have seen the darkness of our galaxy...I have seen all the evil the galaxy harbours, and I have slain them. I have seen what you must see, I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...Righteousness is your shield, Faith your armour and Hatred your weapon. So fear not, and be proud...
~The Emperor of Mankind

Wasn't this Commander Dante of the Blood Angels, according to their current Codex?

MorningStar
15-02-2006, 16:23
Wasn't this Commander Dante of the Blood Angels, according to their current Codex?

It was, Commander Dante addressing the Blood Angles Chapter at the start of the Alchonis Campaign.

HobbitTank
15-02-2006, 21:53
"Pain is an illusion of the senses.
Despair an illusion of the mind.
Know your duty"

from the cadian dogtags.

Kaoslord
15-02-2006, 22:16
"God Emperor, Watch over these men.
Gird their souls with your holy anger and make them brave.
Arm them with your wrath and let their aim be true."
- The Comissars Prayer

"God Emperor, let the enemy shoot more of my men than I have to."
- The Other Commissars Prayer

calmsword
15-02-2006, 22:47
does anyone know the "oath of allegience?"

2_heads_talking
15-02-2006, 22:57
This appeared in a White Dwarf around the time of the 3rd War for Armageddon. Always liked it.

"When you're on the plains of Infernus
An' the Hive behind you's aflame,
When there's dust in your oxygen filter
An' there's no-one else you can blame,
Just stay in the trench that's assigned you,
Keep a watch on your flank 'gainst attack,
Keep your powerpacks charged to maximum
then hope your mates will watch over your back,
'Cos there's no-one else that can help you
But the Emperor who guides from on high,
So eyes to the front, keep your sergeant in sight
An' make sure its the Greenskins that die!"

Exerpt taken from 'Songs of the Guards' by Commissar Kai Ping

neko
15-02-2006, 23:00
He who runs away, shall be inducted into a penal legion to fight another day.

Freak Ona Leash
15-02-2006, 23:05
"To Slay is to Pray!"-writing on the scroll of a Sapce Marine in some WD.

"Blood for the Emperor! Skulls for his Golden Throne!"-Flesh Tearers I think. And if they dont say it, they should

"All of creation suffers, young ones. Only in accepting our own mortality can we make a difference. Only in bearing the burden of our failures can we find the strength to go on. Only in detachment from glory, or honour, or jealousy... from life itself can we hope to spare others from grief.
We are Doom Eagles. And we are dead already."-Librarian Secundus Thryn of the Doom Eagles.

"Inspiration grows from the barrel of a gun."

"By thy colour will he know thee,
By thy banners will he fear thee,
By thy standard will he dread thee,
Cry Marine, and let slip the weapons of war."

HobbitTank
16-02-2006, 04:14
There are a bunch in the Imperial Infantrymans Priemer, if you could get a copy of that.

McNuggets
16-02-2006, 11:41
"Blood for the Emperor! Skulls for his Golden Throne!"-Flesh Tearers I think. And if they dont say it, they should.

Oh where heard that before mabey Blood for the blood god, skulls for his brass throne. I think the Flesh Tearers may have got their deities confused.

I am the Monkey King
16-02-2006, 12:37
Yep, they're good shock troops though.

Yodhrin
16-02-2006, 13:49
Slight correction, I believe the saying should be;

"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded."

Although that may be a corruption of the original by Dawn of War.

Moi Dix Mois
16-02-2006, 14:03
• The Space Marines fear no Evil, for we are Fear Incarnate!
~Anonymous

That one's from Konrad Curze.

Prodigalson
16-02-2006, 14:03
'We have lost the sus-an membrane and the betchers gland. Do we bemoan such losses? No! We are the Fists! We do not need to hibernate or spit venom. We crush our enemies.' -
Teachings of Rhetoricus

"Do not ask me to approach the battle meekly, to creep through the shadows, or to quietly slip on my foes in the dark. I am Rogal Dorn, Imperial Fist, Space Marine, Emperor's Champion. Let my enemies cower at my advance and tremble at the sight of me."

"Give me a hundred Space Marines. Or failing that, give me a thousand other troops." - Rogal Dorn

"Primarch - Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of Him on Earth". Fist Battle Cry

'No Pity! No Remorse! No fear!' Black Templars Battle Cry

'Vinctorus aut Mortis' Raven Guard motto

Look to your battle gear and it will protect you
We guard it with our lives
Your armour is your Soul, and your Soul's dedication its armour
The soul of a warrior is the shield of humanity
Honour the craft of death
Only the Emperor is higher in our devotion
Honour the battle-gear of the Dead
We ask only to serve
Part of the Warrior's Catechism of worship

"Your honour is your life - let none dispute it" - Captain Navarre of the Black Templars.

"Success is measured in blood: your or your enemies."

"What is the terror of death?
That we die our work incomplete."

“I am not surrounded, merely in a target-rich enviroment.”

Moi Dix Mois
16-02-2006, 14:08
"What is the terror of death?
That we die our work incomplete."

There's a second part to that saying -

"What is the joy of Life?
To die, knowing our task is done."

Inquisitor S.
16-02-2006, 14:49
You'll find some quotes, sayings etc. here:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Quotes_Imperium

Xhalax
16-02-2006, 15:07
A good place to look is in the back of the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer. It contains all the prayers and litanties that a Guardsman must know.

Though I must admit that:

'It's never too late to panic' - A Valhallan proverb

always amuses me.

squigsnok
16-02-2006, 17:53
The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward, and can be no failure, for it has come through duty.
Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.

jfrazell
16-02-2006, 18:04
My guard troopers always have a generic saying that I share with them as enemy units are closing in.

(hands around head)
"Not the Face! Not the Face!"

Thats pretty Imeprial to me :D

Inquisitor Maul
16-02-2006, 18:53
When in deathly danger, when beset by doubt
Run in little cirkles, wave your arms and shout

Freak Ona Leash
16-02-2006, 19:36
Oh where heard that before mabey Blood for the blood god, skulls for his brass throne. I think the Flesh Tearers may have got their deities confused.
I'm totally lost on what the first sentence in that post is supposed to be saying but on the seonf sentence, I believe that was supposed to be GW's gag. The Flesh Tearers are very similar to World Eaters and I believe this prompted GW to write that little saying as a kind of joke.

Korvos
17-02-2006, 04:19
There are a bunch in the Imperial Infantrymans Priemer, if you could get a copy of that.

I tried before, but Black Library was sold out. :(

I'll fix a couple of the errors in my posts.

Stu
17-02-2006, 07:35
"The cardinal rules to remenber when on guard duty are-
Stay alert
Stay awake
Keep in mind the importance of the duty
Think of the consequences of failure
REMEMBER THE COMMISSARS"
"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival.Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush."
The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

KaisO
18-02-2006, 16:29
'I expect you to work your fingers to the bone. If this is not enough then you will work them too the marrow'

One of my favs

skyfyre
19-02-2006, 03:25
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and horrifying to know."

Inquisitor Czevak

Dakkagor
19-02-2006, 07:31
"I'm to busy to die!"
High Lord Goge Vandire.

"though our soliders sleep and our ships rest at anchor, our foes know full well: the big guns never tire. . ."
The Tyrant of Badab

"you know not the valor of the orks! They believe that the more enemies there are, the more glory they will win and the more plunder they will secure"
Inquisitor Yuan, ordo xenos, adressing the regimental command at Gundastol

Commander Ozae
21-02-2006, 01:22
"If you will not fight then I will shoot you where you stand myself!"

"Do not, I repeat DO NOT, if you value your life, lie in the presence of a commissar and/or a psyker.

squigsnok
21-02-2006, 03:31
Possibly the greatest imperial quote ever:
(sage tactical advice here, remember, for combating Ork Nobz)

"Chances are they will be so engrossed in the explosions and cracks eminating from their (probably malfunctioning) weapons that they won't notice you creepinig up on them to administer a killing shot into their eye"

Imperial Infantyman's Uplifting Primer

Hawkeye
21-02-2006, 04:27
"There is less than one Space Marine for every world in the Imperium, and yet...

They are enough."

Might be a little paraphrased, but by the Emperor, I love that quote.