PDA

View Full Version : Is Howling Warpgale Cumulative

ce13
06-04-2010, 21:25
So if 2 different wizards cast howling warpgale in the same turn is it a minus 2 to shooting?

Sand
06-04-2010, 21:29
Good question. Personally I'd say no; logically there's either a howling warp gale or there isn't. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

decker_cky
06-04-2010, 22:33
No, under the same logic that two bears angers don't add to stats twice (in the first BRB FAQ).

Taureus
07-04-2010, 21:56
Then the same could be said about the WoC spell that lowers S/T...Except that you can have two casters put the spell on the same unit, and get -2 S/T each turn.

Uriain
07-04-2010, 22:07
The Key to this argument is weather or not the spells description is to be taken into account..

The spell reads something to the effect (dont have book here) "is accumulative with other modifiers (over half range, etc)"

Now, most spells that *CAN* stack, usually (as I remember anyways) says it can stack.

Leadship effecting spells are a testament to this "line" of thinking.

On the OTHER side of the coing, the spell does say "accumulative with other modifiers" which makes you think that it can..

This is where we are having the "rules" issue.

Havock
08-04-2010, 01:15
Then the same could be said about the WoC spell that lowers S/T...Except that you can have two casters put the spell on the same unit, and get -2 S/T each turn.

Because it says so. Just like spells that can be cast into combat: exception rather than rule :)

Taureus
08-04-2010, 02:01
Because it says so. Just like spells that can be cast into combat: exception rather than rule :)

Well the spell doesn't spell out that you can have two casters cast it on the same unit, so I don't know what you were getting at.

jamano
08-04-2010, 20:35
I don't see why not, it doesn't say anywhere in the rulebook if two casters do the same spell the second one has no effect, you can of course have two comets flinging down at the table at the same time. If you want to be fluffy about it, the warpgale is twice as strong because two casters are fueling it.