PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Undivided 1500 vs. Multi Armies...

polanowj
24-05-2005, 16:41
Playing in a twelve army, 1,500 point tourney soon. Dwarves, Empire, Orcs, Ogres, pretty much all armies might be there. Here is an attempt at a balanced list (have to go with one list and stay with it all day). The dividers below indicate which units the characters go with. Advice?

Exalted Champion @ 100 Pts, General
Chaos Marauders (16#, 130 Pts) with FC, HW, LA, Shield
-------------------------------------------------------
Aspiring Champion (1#, 146 Pts), BSB, Steed, War Banner
Chaos Knights (4#, 210 Pts), Champ, Musician, Chosen
Sorcerer (1#, 170 Pts), LVL 2, 2 Dispel, Lore of Fire
Chaos Marauders (15#, 130 Pts), FC, HW, LA, Shield
Chaos Warriors (12#, 234 Pts), FC, Extra HW

Chaos Marauder Horsemen (5#, 101 Pts), Musician, Flail, Throwing Axes

Chaos Hounds (5#, 30 Pts)

Chaos Hounds (5#, 30 Pts)

Spawn of Chaos @ 60 Pts

Spawn of Chaos @ 60 Pts

Screamers of Tzeentch (3#, 99 Pts)

Total Roster Cost: 1500

Neesh
24-05-2005, 17:36
In general, it ain't bad, but I'd have to suggest some minor tweaks. Put the War Banner on the Chosen Knights and drop the Battle Standard give the Champion a Helm of Many Eyes and a Great Weapon. That way you can take charges as well as rampaging towards the opponent. Stupidity ain't a problem either, because you can reroll with the Mark of Chaos Undivided. And why isn't your general equipped at all? Give him a Great Weapon, Enchanted Shield and the Armour of Damnation. That way, you can challenge some stronger characters from charging units or pack a punch on your own charge. Either way, your general should be safe and capable. Going to the next unit, Sorcerers in units don't cut it. I'd suggest putting him alone, on foot, and maybe ditch the second level. If I were you, I'd take a Shaman, cos they're cheaper and can pose a threat for other lone wizards and war machines with the Steed of Shadows Spell. Give the Chaos Warriors shields, they rarely have the opportunity to use that additional attack. Make those Spawn Slaaneshi, cos then they can speed a little faster, usually. That's all I can think of, for now...
Ciao!

polanowj
24-05-2005, 18:51
Good ideas on the Champs. On the sorcerers, I went with Lvl 2 to have at least a little magic to toss around - with Lvl 1 and Steed of Shadows, he is pretty much only going to go after other wizards and maybe gobbo or empire war machines, not sure I would launch a chaos sorcerer (even with S4/T4) against a dwarf war machine - is that right? In any event, even dropping him down to Lvl 1, with the changes on the Ex and Aspiring Champ, and switch out of the extra handweapon for shields, I'm over by 9, with no enough points left to upgrade the Spawn (would be nice to have the 3D6 though). If I drop the LA on the second group of Marauders, I can add one more in for a total of 16 with FC, HW, Shields so would still get +1 in HtH

Neesh
24-05-2005, 19:40
Maybe you could throw away the axes from the Marauder Horsemen ?
And the champion upgrades from the Warriors and Marauders ? And I really suggest taking a Shaman over a Sorcerer. If you give him a Braystaff you can make a charge with S5 and two attacks.

polanowj
24-05-2005, 20:02
That would do it, dropping the axes (although I do like to run up, toss axes and the move out) and one unit champ (in the marauder) unit with the Ex Champ gives me the enough to upgrade both spawns - I don't have a Bray Shaman :(
His second attack would be nice, but he better win combat, since he would likely be outnumbered by a warmachine and using the braystaff as a GW, he can't use the +2 armor save and with Leadership 6, going to have to roll low (although now that I wrote that - the warmachine crew can't pursue - so maybe all he would do is flee, rally and then come back)

Neesh
24-05-2005, 20:17
Hmm... You could always give him Chaos Armour, but let's stay with what we have. Are you by any chance from Poland ?

polanowj
24-05-2005, 20:41
Didn't realize you could give him chaos armor, but I think going relatively magic light, I am going to need the 2 dispel scrolls (otherwise for 4 more pts, I could give the Chaos guy the sword of Attack and drop one dispel).
The funny thing is, I am from Poland - Poland NY.....much to the delight of upperclassmen at West Point. 'Hey are you from Poland? Why yes sir, I am....." Believe I have relatives in Poland.

Neesh
24-05-2005, 21:13
Hmm, stay with what you have ;) .
I came to such a conclusion because your playing style, ie your roster was highly reminiscient of my friend's :) . I mainly play Tzeentch, mortals, beastmen and daemons together. Here's my newest roster, I think that the form speaks for the matter:

1 * Exalted Chaos Champion @ 266 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; General; Lore of Tzeentch; Great Weapon; Chaos Armour;
Shield
Golden Eye of Tzeentch [30]
Spell Familiar [15]

1 Disc of Tzeentch @ [45] Pts

1 * Exalted Chaos Champion @ 259 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Lore of Tzeentch; Great Weapon; Chaos Armour
Gaze of the Gods [30]

0 Spawn of Chaos @ [0] Pts
Enchanted Shield [10]

1 Disc of Tzeentch @ [45] Pts