PDA

View Full Version : Paint formula changed?

Nunnja
07-04-2010, 13:49
Hey guys.

Just a quicky, but has anyone else noticed a distinct change to the way in which Chaos Black covers lately? I bought a batch from my local GW, and it just doesn't cut it for undercoating, not like it used to anyway!

Do I smell a GW sneaky change to make us all switch to the more expensive chaos black spray? ;)

Garion
07-04-2010, 14:11
I have bought some recently and it was fine, I have found though that sometimes when you buy paints they can be slightly thinner or thicker than previous pots of the same colour, I suggest you give it a really vigorous shake and that might fix your problem, if not take it back to the shop and tell them that you think the paint isn't up to there usual standard and I would imagine they would replace it.

Also it shouldn't really mater if it is a little thinner as I tend water it down before applying it anyway to make sure none of the detail is lost

yabbadabba
07-04-2010, 19:22
!Do I smell a GW sneaky change to make us all switch to the more expensive chaos black spray? ;) No, GW are actually in league with the Illuminati and the World Bank to introduce alien genetic information into us all to make us mindless, superstrong organic automatons.

Spectrar Ghost
07-04-2010, 19:27
No, GW are actually in league with the Illuminati and the World Bank to introduce alien genetic information into us all to make us mindless, superstrong organic automatons.

I knew it! Still, superstrong organic automatons are cool...

Wil Grand
07-04-2010, 19:28
Seriously?!

No.

Wicksy
07-04-2010, 20:58
Its never been that great a coverer. Thats why its best to use an undercoat first. Your issue may be down to the paint not sticking to the models properly.

swifty2
08-04-2010, 12:23
None of the GW paints have ever been good for undercoating with, their simply not designed for it, call chaos black spray more expensive but at the end of the day it's far better for undercoating.

Lord Martel
08-04-2010, 17:15
You may have some release agent left on the model. Give it a bath in warm soapy water before painting.

You need to use an under coat. The Chaos Black from GW is insanely expensive. I use a $1 can of flat black from Lowes. Very thin coverage so I use 2 or 3 times the number of cans, but $3 dollars vs. $15 dollars itís a win.

GW primer can also experience an annoying crackle effect. The cheap stuff doesnít do this.

Enjoy