PDA

View Full Version : 2K High Elves list against Dwarfs.

Sinsigel
08-04-2010, 06:46
Hmm. I've tried to write an all-comers list for a while, but it seemed too much for a newbie like me. Mainly because, there were too much things to consider, which in some cases would make me forfeit what I really want to use. For example, an archmage with book of hoeth might fare decently against many factions(Even dwarfs, given that I get the right spells), but when you face dark elves......:wtf:

Anyway, that's why I've been thinking of tailored rosters against specific opponents, given that I'm not joining the tournament. Dwarfs are among them, and the fluff(War of the Beards!) and the characteristics(Quite opposite to high elves: Tough, Almost non-existent magic, gunpowder, and short legs:evilgrin:, therefore very slow) of it makes the game against them even more interesting. And so, I;ve come up with a list with wizard lord.

Archmage(Level 4, Book of Hoeth) - Lore of Shadow
Noble(BSB: Battle Banner, Lance, Dragon Armour, Barded Elven Steed, Shield)
Caradryan

10 Archers
10 Archers

15 White Lions(Guardian with Skeinsilver, Standard Bearer with Banner of Sorcery)
5 Dragon Princes of Caledor(Drakemaster with Helm of Fortune, Standard Bearer with Banner of Ellyrion)
5 Shadow Warriors
5 Shadow Warriors

Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Great Eagle
Great Eagle

1,997pts

The plan is to throw eagles and shadow warriors to hunt war machines, while the dragon princes and white lions march under the woods. It is very likely that the archmage would get unseen lurker or pit of shades, or maybe both if lucky enough. Either way is fine to me, although it seems that a loss of shadow warrior unit or an eagle is inevitable.

Novrain
08-04-2010, 09:47
Youll have 6PD yeah? He will have a minimum of 4DD, so getting off pit of shades or unseen lurker is quite unlikely i would have thought. It pays against dwarves to either go all out on the magic, or save the point and take none at all

Brady
08-04-2010, 10:08
Try and find the points to replace the wizard with teclis. That way you get 6+ 2D3 power dice :) Teclis can also use every spell from whichever lore. The dwarves extra DD count for nothing when teclis casts irresistable on a double. :)

@Novrain - The mage has book of hoeth meaning he casts irresistably on any roll including a double. He also has banner of sorcery meaning he gets 7-9 PD.

Sinsigel
08-04-2010, 10:20
Try and find the points to replace the wizard with teclis. That way you get 6+ 2D3 power dice :) Teclis can also use every spell from whichever lore. The dwarves extra DD count for nothing when teclis casts irresistable on a double. :)

True. Teclis is in any way much, MUCH better than the archmage with BoH. But I was afraid that the opposing player might call it cheesy. I tend not to use lord-level special characters if possible.

Brady
08-04-2010, 10:41
I would not call teclis cheesey unless he was with other mages. On his own he is good but I wouldn't call cheese. But hey, its your army and theres nothing wrong with a fair player :) .