PDA

View Full Version : Archaon on foot

6th and Final Champion
24-05-2005, 17:34
I was wondering, can you field Archaon just on foot, or do you HAVE to take the steeed and wait for it to die. I mean...they do have seperate points costs.

Sir_Turalyon
24-05-2005, 19:18
They do have separate points costs so you get victory points for killing steed and not killing Archaon (and opposite, too :)).

6th and Final Champion
24-05-2005, 19:39
Hm, that works too, thanks.

MarcoPollo
24-05-2005, 19:52
I think he must be fielded on his mount.

anarchistica
24-05-2005, 21:13
You cannot field him without the steed unless your opponent's says so.

Lordmonkey
26-05-2005, 03:51
Must be fielded with his mount. Mind you, since special characters are t3h Gh3y, IMO, I wouldn't field him anyway.And if I did, I wouldn't complain about fielding him on foot. His rules are cheesy enough as it is.

Major Defense
27-05-2005, 21:46
I suppose if you were playing a 4-player battle with a Skaven ally you could have them shoot at him until the horse dies. Okay, that's stupid.

Harrisondaly
04-06-2005, 17:19
they brought out a model for him on foot so surely u can field him on foot

anarchistica
04-06-2005, 22:55
they brought out a model for him on foot so surely u can field him on foot
No you can't. :rolleyes:

However, you can use him if W'Soraych gets shot, which happens 99% of the time.

Sir_Turalyon
05-06-2005, 09:23
DOn't have my BRB at me to check, but I think if monster mount is killed and you have to have model on foot for rider or remove rider as well - or was it 5th edition?

Besides, archaon on foot is LE model.

Major Defense
05-06-2005, 15:25
DOn't have my BRB at me to check, but I think if monster mount is killed and you have to have model on foot for rider or remove rider as well - or was it 5th edition?

Besides, archaon on foot is LE model.

Correctamundo!

I'm glad I don't play FB in the stores! My friend told me about some model in some version of a GW system that was summoned and it says in the rules that if you don't have the exact model painted exactly correctly then it isn't summoned and you have to go give GW another $100 for being such a tool.

Okay, I made that last part up. :cheese:

Neknoh
05-06-2005, 15:48
I suppose if you were playing a 4-player battle with a Skaven ally you could have them shoot at him until the horse dies. Okay, that's stupid.

That is not stupid, imagine yourself the following scenario:

Archaon i alone in one corner of the board after having been drawn away from combat due to overrunns and so forth, on the other side of the table, there is a unit of... say... White Lions including the HE Archmage and General worth LOADS of VP's.

The problem is that Archaon must sprint over a huge distance while the empire ally of the elves shoot at him with both Steam Tanks, Hellblasters and Cannons, as well as handgunners.

Not to mention all of those combats he must risk passing and those Dragon Princes just waiting to charge something.

The Skaven player now comes up with a cunning Skaven Plan, yesyes, he tells Archaon to move even farther away from all dangers, then, the Skaven Player fires at Archy and totally massacres the Steed of the Apocalypse.

Now, the next evil turn, Chaos and Skaven almost empties their PD pool using powerful spells, leaving only a few basic spells left, so that the HE and Empire empties their Dispell Pool.

Now, the cunning Skaven plan, is put in motin, yesyes, they use their last remaining Dice and casts Skitterleap on Archaon on foot and teleports him into that unit of White Lions

Major Defense
05-06-2005, 22:52
Now, the cunning Skaven plan, is put in motin, yesyes, they use their last remaining Dice and casts Skitterleap on Archaon on foot and teleports him into that unit of White Lions

Then the White Lion champion challenges Archaon wearing the Armor of Heroes and *if* he passes the leadership test he can maybe get 2-3 C.R. with the overkill but the unit has three ranks, a standard and unit strength so Archaon is making a break test at -2 or -3 (-5 if he fails the leadership test on the armor) and they don't attempt to restrain pursuit and he's run down like a dog and destroyed instantly.

Back to the drawing board.

samw
05-06-2005, 23:08
The high elves having pursued are now in range of the skaven players five ratling guns and mown down ruthlessly. The Skaven general believes this a fair trade.

Neknoh
06-06-2005, 09:41
Can you please tell me why Archaon would get only 2-3 overkill if U'zhul was unleashed?
And what would happen after that?

What would happen if Archaon made the Breaktest?