PDA

View Full Version : 2250 first list with beasts...please help :)

kormas
08-04-2010, 11:24
well, i am considering beasts as my next army, and i really like the new book.
i actualy like the new models (appart from the pumbagore) and i think that the minos look good when ranked up and with a good paintjob.

i am not 100% sure on what the best combos are for these guys, but i am not looking for a really strong list, just one that is compeditive :)

and without further ado i present the list :D

LORDS
Doombull=237
Many-limbed feind
Gnarled hide
Axes of khorne gore
Ramhorn helm
Heavy armour

HEROES
Bray-shaman=110
LvL 2

Bray-shaman=110
LvL2

Bray shaman=110
LvL2

CORE
14 gors=137
Additional hand weapon
Full command

14 gors=137
Additional hand weapon
Full command

10 gors=80
Additional hand weapon

10 gors=80
Additional hand weapon

5 ungor skirmishers=30

5 ungor skirmishers=30

SPECIAL
3 Minotaurs=209
Great weapons
Standard

3 Minotaurs=209
Great weapons
Standard

5 harpies=55

3 razogors=165

RARE
Ghorgon=275

Ghorgon=275

kormas
10-04-2010, 09:42
no opinions?

ginneskrik
10-04-2010, 12:21
Hi, I have a couple of comments.
- Those level 2's are going to have a hard time putting out the nicer spells. If you want to have a good magic offence you should get the great bray shamen in. Also, kit out your level two's....power stones, scrolls...etc. Or just use one or two scroll cadies.
- The general looks good. My favorite setup. Gnarled hide, heavy armor, brass cleaver, Ramhorn helm, shield, chalice of the dark rain. An awsome save and still gets the extra attacks...
- The rare's. Get a cygor to mess up the enemies magic phase....works well in combination with the scroll caddie.
Jabberslythe....always does the job for me. Forget about the gorgon.
- Further, I would lose most of the foot troops and get chariots in..... ever seen two or three chariots charge a rank and file troop unit......mayhem.....

Best of luck.

Cheeko
18-04-2010, 12:27
i agree with ginneskrik except "forget the gorgon" my opinion is NEVER forget the gorgon. I would drop one, get a jabberslythe, drop one of those lvl 2's and get some scrolls for the other two but apart from that good list. good luck:)

Bladelord
18-04-2010, 13:15
Give your lvl.2s the 50pts bound spell & the re-roll to wound on 1 target unit during the magic phase item for 20pts. This will get you a decent magic phase compared to what you already have (maybe go death with all 3 & spam magic missiles on the targetted unit).

Mithras69
18-04-2010, 20:11
I think you need some more screening/redirect units (hounds and raiders) to protect your mino's and razors.

Also I would prefer a beastlord for the extra leadership and then take a gorbull for the damage output.

AM1640
19-04-2010, 04:20
I agree that the extra leadership from the beaslord would be nice. It also helps with the primal fury rolls.

Have you considered a chariot as a mount for one of the bray shaman. It adds protection since you have to get close to use the beast spells and it can add extra kills when combined with a gor or minotaur charge.

You really need some dispel scrolls.

Keep a ghorgon, but consider a Cygor: magic defence and stone throwing.

Don't rely on ambush. You only get to pick a side on a 6.

popisdead
20-04-2010, 23:59
Musicians are better than standards in ogre sized units.

Take 19 gors for your mage and if you want to ambush take another small unit.

the Beasts book is a combo charge army. you need to get high LD and hit enemy's with combos. Even if it's just a single razorgor + herd or chariot + herd.

Think about support units for your block units that provide combat rez.