PDA

View Full Version : 1850 High Elf List

Laxnumba7
09-04-2010, 02:57
1850 Pts - High Elves Roster - 1850 High Elf Tourny List

Archers (10#, 110 pts)
. . 10 Archers @ 110 pts (Hand Weapon; Longbow)

Mage (1#, 140 pts)
. . 1 Mage @ 140 pts (Hand Weapon)
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll

Mage (1#, 175 pts)
. . 1 Mage @ 175 pts (Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon)
. . . . 1 Annulian Crystal

Dragon Princes (6#, 370 pts)
. . 4 Dragon Princes of Caledor @ 215 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield)
. . . . 1 Drakemaster (Hand Weapon; Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield)
. . . . 1 Banner of Ellyrion
. . . . 5 Elven Steed
. . 1 Noble @ 155 pts (General; Hand Weapon; Dragon Armour; Shield)
. . . . 1 Elven Steed
. . . . 1 Star Lance
. . . . 1 Talisman of Protection

Lion Chariot of Chrace (5#, 140 pts)
. . 1 Lion Chariot of Chrace @ 140 pts (Chariot)
. . . . 2 Crew (Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)
. . . . 2 War Lions (Causes Fear)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (3#, 100 pts)
. . 1 Repeater Bolt Thrower @ 100 pts (Repeater Bolt Thrower)
. . . . 2 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Great Eagle (1#, 50 pts)
. . 1 Great Eagle @ 50 pts (Flyer)

Sword Masters of Hoeth (20#, 375 pts)
. . 19 Sword Masters of Hoeth @ 375 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
. . . . 1 Bladelord (Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
. . . . . . 1 The Skeinsliver
. . . . 1 War Banner

White Lions of Chrace (10#, 230 pts)
. . 9 White Lions of Chrace @ 230 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour; Stubborn)
. . . . 1 Guardian (Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
. . . . 1 Banner of Sorcery

Shadow Warriors (10#, 160 pts)
. . 10 Shadow Warriors @ 160 pts (Hand Weapon; Longbow; Light Armour; Scouts; Skirmishers)

Validation Report:
Edition: 7th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game; Army Subtype: High Elf Army
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 1850

Any Suggestions, Comments, or anything else is greatly appreciated.

crouchingotter
10-04-2010, 10:00
My only suggestion would be to even up the ratio of Sword Masters and White Lions. Make them both 15 in size as I reckon you don't really need the extra rank on the SMs. Anything they hit (or anything that hits them) should get hurt rather badly anyway.

enyoss
10-04-2010, 10:07
I agree with crouchingotter; your unit sizes are a bit off kilter. I'd simply swap the unit sizes for the swordmasters and white lions, or maybe go for a 14/16 split with the white lions getting the bigger unit.

I'd also trim down the massive shadow warrior unit. For one, they're not that effective, so your points could probably be best spent elsewhere. Secondly, I doubt you'll be able to squeeze them in or behind cover when scouting with the current unit size.

Laxnumba7
10-04-2010, 12:46
TO be honest, I had 160 free points, and I didn't know what to do with them, so I threw in the shadow warriors. They were just going to be there to either Marchblock, or be something to shoot at instead of the sword-masters or anything else.

My reasonining for the bigger sword-master unit is because they are a LOT easier to shoot to death. so more = better chance of getting 10 to the other side. If I am facing a High Elf player, I try to blow the crap out of all the sword masters before they get close.

enyoss
10-04-2010, 19:55
T
My reasonining for the bigger sword-master unit is because they are a LOT easier to shoot to death. so more = better chance of getting 10 to the other side. If I am facing a High Elf player, I try to blow the crap out of all the sword masters before they get close.

In which case, I would say you're actually better going with two smaller units of 10. That way, your opponent has to make more tough decisions about his targetting, which helps to keep the pressure on and force mistakes. Two units also increases your tactical flexibility and makes it harder to avoid the unit. Finally, if both units somehow make it (e.g. against low shooting armies) you then have double the number of swordmasters laying down the pain in combat, rather than simply giving you +2 combat resolution :).

Laxnumba7
10-04-2010, 23:15
Ok. I get rid of the 10 Shadow Warriors, and trim down the 20 man unit to 13 (run 6x2) and throw in another unit of Sword Masters, running 12 (6x2) and with Banner to make them immune to psychology (aka I don't run from getting shot)