PDA

View Full Version : 2250 WoC VS. Lizzards. i could use some advise

Peregijn
09-04-2010, 10:19
I am playing a 2250 game VS lizzardman tomorrow and I never played against them (ad least not in 7th) I have no idée what my opponent has only that he has a engine of the gods and he will probably use it.

My plan is to make a very solid moving center of 3 small infantry bloks: 2 x 12 warriors with shields halberds and MoN. both flanking a unit of chosen with the same numbers and load out.

4 units of dogs to screen against the massive shooting from skinks.

On both my flanks a unit of 5 knights also with the nurgle mark.
The nurgle mark on the troops is to protect them from lots of blowpipes and the ws 3 saurus infantry that will be hitting me back on 5’s. if I ever make it to cc that is

That’s around 1500 points and a lot of troops for a woc army. But what to do with my chars? Ad least one hard hitting one to deal with the ancient stegadon, I was thinking a khorn hero on a juggernaut with a flail and maybe as bsb. 2 hero lvl sorceress equipped to deal with his magic. And maybe a lord.

I know that I have a lot of armor on the troops but I truly fear him bringing 50+ skinks on the table and marauders (with or without a horse) will jus die from so many shots.

Any advice on how to deal with lizzardman would be appreciated

i will post the list i am thinking up at the moment after i have written it down

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit:

so i came up with the following list:

Hero’s
Exalted champion, MoK, Flail, Shield, juggernaut, crown of everlasting conquest (EotG hunter)
Sorcerer, lvl2, infernal puppet, MoN
Sorcerer, lvl2, staff of sorcerie ( I don’t like scrolls so I won’t use them)

Core:
12 chaos warriors, Shield, Halberd, FC, MoN
12 chaos warriors, Shield, Halberd, FC, MoN
5 Marauder horseman, MoK, Flails, light armor (just a filler up unit and it has to have the mark of khorn so I can justify the khorn hero in this mostly nurgle army, this unit goes skink hunting)
5 warhounds
5 warhounds
5 warhounds
5 warhounds

Special:
5 knights of chaos, FC, MoN
5 knights of chaos, FC, MoN
12 chosen, Shield, Halbard, FC, MoN

And now I have only 18 points to spare so that probably will turn in to a extra chaos warrior somewhere.

Overall tactics: there lizards. Crush them.

Vsurma
09-04-2010, 13:36
You know what the engine does to knights?

You need to have a way to kill that priest on engine if you want to use those knights.

It is quite hard with WOC, also 5 strong is no good for the knights, you might easily lose 1 to skink shooting and 4 is defiantly no good, well even 5 is no good because it tends to only get you 4 saurus kills (and they have outnumber + 2 ranks)

They will almost never run with a cold blooded ld 7-8 test.

6 strong is the way to go.

But as I said, you need to kill that engine, well not the engine, but the priest. It is tough to do without shooting though, ap shots or S4 shot tend to do it but woc is not equipped for that.

Fist of Mars
10-04-2010, 01:51
I think you need MON for both sorcerers. Buboes can Snipe that priest good. The puppet seems like a good idea, as this maybe another way to kill the meddlesome priest.

I think at you should see about getting a 2nd unit of Marauder horse men. Fast Cav is a god send against skinks (god I hate skinks....). Maybe take the points from 2 units of dogs. Also, throwing axes may be more helpful that flails for hunting down skinks as they are not very tough anyway.

Crazy idea, but perhaps a hell cannon would help. It would do multiple wounds to the big lizard and maybe help shoot out that engine. And if the skinks come for it, then the hell cannon charges them and can tell you whether or not skinks taste like chicken.

Brady
10-04-2010, 09:43
I agree with fist of mars, take a nurgle sorcerer. On that note I would also take festus the leechlord. Put him with the chosen for the poison and regen ability. He still counts as a lvl two nurgle sorceror who automatically gets curse of the leper. I would then get vilitch the curseling becuase hes a good mage and provides good magic defense. Mark of nurgle sees like a good mark for warriors against shooting.

Peregijn
11-04-2010, 00:16
thanks fo al the tips and advice. i completly masacared him.
he had no slann and no eotg... so i feard the heavy magic spam en AoE no armorsaves for nothing...

Vsurma
11-04-2010, 08:59
I think you need MON for both sorcerers. Buboes can Snipe that priest good. The puppet seems like a good idea, as this maybe another way to kill the meddlesome priest.

I think at you should see about getting a 2nd unit of Marauder horse men. Fast Cav is a god send against skinks (god I hate skinks....). Maybe take the points from 2 units of dogs. Also, throwing axes may be more helpful that flails for hunting down skinks as they are not very tough anyway.

Crazy idea, but perhaps a hell cannon would help. It would do multiple wounds to the big lizard and maybe help shoot out that engine. And if the skinks come for it, then the hell cannon charges them and can tell you whether or not skinks taste like chicken.

Actually from what I understood the engine and priest skink crew counts as 1 model, just like a chariot with a character, so your sniping will only work if you randomize and roll a 6 to hit. So basically it won't work, needing 12 casts on average to get the priest. The steg would die sooner.

You could take the puppet and the other overpriced item, not sure what it's called, that makes you take a wound when used, I think that combo would kill the priest.

Peregijn
11-04-2010, 10:46
The list I ended up using:

Chaos sorcerer lord, Lvl4, MoT, Disk, Eye, Book Spell familiar, Power stone.

Sorcerer, lvl2, MoN, infernal puppet

Exalted, MoK, Jugger, shield, armor of mosrslieb biting blade, necrotic

Exalted, MoK, helm of many eyes, great weapon

Core:
Marauder horseman, Musician, MoS, Spears, shields.

Marauder horseman, Musician, MoK, Flails

17 marauders, Fc, MoK, Great weapons

4 units of 5 warhounds

Special;

12 chosen. MoN, Fc, shields + halberds, favor of the gods

3 dragon ogres, champion, great weapons

Rare

Hellcannon

I am greatly disappointed in the lore of tzeentch. The wizard lord only did something good in turn one by making one of the stegadons lose 3 wounds.
In the same turn my hellcanonn misfired and looses the ability to shoot
But at the start of the battle my chosen get the ward save and stubborn. And you know what, that gift sucked donkey balls. Never used the ward save and I won every combat they were in to.
The chosen destroy everything they come in contact with and I massacre his whole right flank with them.
The exalted of khorn on the jugger receives the charge of the wounded ancient steggadon. I survive the 2d6+1 impact hits and challenge the skink chief. The chief put a wound on me and I kill him with enough overkill to win the combat. My turn my frenzie marauder horseman kick in and put another wound on the thing and my hero finishes him off… Yes eye of the gods table roll. Crap roll snake eyes… now I have 2 stupid khorn hero’s.
In the end he had one normal stegadon and a unit of skinks left… I only lost 15 warhounds and some of the slaanseh horseman