PDA

View Full Version : XV8 crisis suites armed the same or different?

AUN'SHI
09-04-2010, 13:57
I'm just wondering what Tau player usually do for the xv8 crisis suites?

Me personally I usually arm them all with slight differences so I can assign wounds where I want in order to keep these guys alive also adding shield drones at all times;).

I play in a competitive gaming group and I find this works wonders. These bad boys tend to soak up some serious damage and keep on going. IMO the xv8 suite are one of the best units in the game.

These guys are a huge threat to any army even if only armed with missile pods (twinlinked:evilgrin:) and a huge amount of wound allocation is needed just to take out 1.

but this is my way of play what do you guys think.

Inquisitor Engel
09-04-2010, 14:12
Twin linked missile pods are great, although I prefer missile pods and plasma rifles with multi-tracker. I give my Team leader hard-wired target lock though. Team leader pops tank, team wipes out survivors. Works wonders against Guard. I have two such teams and my Shas'O has a similar bodyguard.

my 1750 Tau army has 15 suits of varying kinds, it works wonders. Most people simply don't know how to deal with that number of suits.

valthonis
09-04-2010, 14:25
I thought with target lock you had to declare all your targets prior to rolling.

IE you couldn't shoot at the transport and then have the others shoot the guys that fall out as they were not valid targets prior to rolling.