PDA

View Full Version : Mostly Tzeentchian WoC 2250pts.

Bladelord
09-04-2010, 15:02
Lords & Heroes:
Sorcerer, lvl.2 Wizard, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc, Bloodcurling Roar, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Book of Secrets.
230pts.
Sorcerer, lvl.2 Wizard, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc, Rod of Torment.
205pts.
Sorcerer, lvl.2 Wizard, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc, Enchanted Shield, Infernal Puppet.
210pts.
Exalted Hero, flail, shield, Chaos Steed, Soporofic Musk, Banner of the Gods. *
280pts.
Total: 925pts.

Core Units:
6 Marauder Horsemen, Mark of Khorne, flails, musician.
126pts.
5 Marauder Horsemen, musician.
71pts.
5 Marauder Horsemen, musician.
71pts.
5 Warhounds.
30pts.
5 Warhounds.
30pts.
5 Warhounds.
30pts.
5 Warhounds.
30pts.
Total: 388pts.

Special Units:
12 Chosen, Mark of Tzeentch, halberds, shields, FC, Favour of the Gods, Banner of Rage. *
354pts.
6 Knights, Mark of Tzeentch, Standard Bearer, Blasted Standard.
320pts.
Total: 674pts.

Rare Units:
Warshrine, Mark of Slaanesh.
130pts.
Warshrine, Mark of Slaanesh.
130pts.
Total: 260pts.

Total: 2247pts.

Warshrine: flank protector+anvil.
Chosen: Hammer/Anvil
Knights: Hammer.
Rest: There to support.

Any suggestions how to polish this list?:)

Witchblade
09-04-2010, 16:37
Nice list. You managed to squeeze a lot of threats in there.It needs a little polishing though, I think.

The main problem is protection from ranged attacks. Shooting shouldn't hurt the knights, the shrines or the chosen with all the warhound screens and the ward saves, but the disc riders are pretty screwed. They need LoS for their magic missiles and overall they have limited defence to shooting and magic. The damage lore of metal could do to this list is insane.

The second issue is the BSB. You need a BSB, but I'm not sure if you need the banner of the gods. Your Chosen should get stubborn before reaching combat anyway and your warshrines aren't of much use in combat.

Oh and upgrade the horsemen. They only fill your slots right now, but they're really good redirector deterrents with flails and MoS, so find points for that. You have enough warhounds to screen them (for a while).

In revising this list, I'd change the characters. Ditch the 3 x L2 set-up, for sure.

Option 1: go with a L4 of tzeentch. Gateway requires no LoS and pandaemonium helps against magic. The L4 can also be protected much better. Either bunker him in the chosen unit, in which case I'd also put Festus in there, and give him magic resistance and a combat weapon or send him out alone on disc with the enchanted shield and the golden eye of Tz.

Option 2: go with Valkia. Acts as a BSB, is an extremely mobile and dangerous threat and allows rerolls on the EotG chart. Removes your magic though, so it's a matter of preference.

I really like the knight unit in there, so much in fact that I'd consider dual-deathstarring and putting an exalted in there (maybe even on jugger), especially in the case where you take Valkia. That gives you the knight deathstar, Valkia and (as the second wave) the Chosen deathstar.

Both options make it harder for your opponent to deal with your army's threats one at a time. First they take out the disc riders and equivalently your magic defence, then they shoot up the screens and go for your flanks. You need to find a way to avoid that.

GWItheUltimate
09-04-2010, 20:23
Did you really bought 3x Hero on a disc ?

Bladelord
09-04-2010, 20:33
Ye the discers are pretty vulnerable so I've been thinking on dropping them.

I decided to got for the Banner of the Gods, cause if the Warshrines have stubborn they can be a pair of real hard tar pits (T6 4+ ward save tells me that atleast).

Couldn't find pts to make them slaanesh, would've liked a 2nd unit of tropedo horsemen too but, the pts...

The options you said Witchblade
1: Actually that's what I did first in the list (something like blood roar, conj. homunculus, ench shield, eye of Tzeentch, Power Familiar, Book of Secrets) but then I wanted a 2nd sorc with puppet & that's why I ended up with 3 discs:P

2: Won't use special characters.

No I don't have any discs but hell yeah I'm going to buy/convert loads of those guys, they're damn amazing!:D

GWItheUltimate
09-04-2010, 20:45
Ye the discers are pretty vulnerable so I've been thinking on dropping them.

I decided to got for the Banner of the Gods, cause if the Warshrines have stubborn they can be a pair of real hard tar pits (T6 4+ ward save tells me that atleast).

Couldn't find pts to make them slaanesh, would've liked a 2nd unit of tropedo horsemen too but, the pts...

The options you said Witchblade
1: Actually that's what I did first in the list (something like blood roar, conj. homunculus, ench shield, eye of Tzeentch, Power Familiar, Book of Secrets) but then I wanted a 2nd sorc with puppet & that's why I ended up with 3 discs:P

2: Won't use special characters.

No I don't have any discs but hell yeah I'm going to buy/convert loads of those guys, they're damn amazing!:D

Well i'm not a big fan of the Banner of the Gods to be honest... the fact is if you win the combat resolution, you don,t need it ! And WoC is all about winning CR in CC !

But since we don't have any proper avil... this banner can do an amazing job to someone who dosen,t see it comming !

Buy them man, they rocks !