PDA

View Full Version : Least played army?

Tenken
11-04-2010, 05:41
For my own curiosity I'd like to know what is the least played army overall. The basic idea is just have as many people vote as I can and hopefully the data is an accurate microcosm of least played armies.

Because of the limitations to polls I'm simply going to ask people post the least played army(s) in their area. If there are multiple armies that no one plays in your area feel free and post multiple armies, but try and keep the vote to the fewest number of armies possible.

Condottiere
11-04-2010, 06:11
Daemons of Chaos.

gdsora
11-04-2010, 06:24
From Where i come from
Tomb Kings, easily
Followed by Ogres, and OnG.

danny-d-b
11-04-2010, 06:32
deamons of chaos, beast men, dogs of war, chaos dwarfs

non of the armys abover are player where I am where as we have 2-3 of everything else

gorbiesidhe
11-04-2010, 06:58
Ogres and DoW.

Voss
11-04-2010, 07:10
Considering how long its been since there has been any official support for Dogs of War, do they even count?

ftayl5
11-04-2010, 07:29
I hope so, they're a pretty cool army

DoW are least played I think followed by TK, Ogres are played more but not by much, mostly by people who don't care about winning but like the fluff and modelling side of ogres.

DoC aren't played by many friendly gamers but I see alot of them in touney's that dont have a comp. score/sportsmanship rating

Oh yeah and chaos dwarves, and Kislev- even more so than DoW

Crovax20
11-04-2010, 14:08
At my local club nobody has Daemons of Chaos for fantasy.

Dwarves, Beastmen & Wood Elves are the armies I know some people have or have just started but never seen them being fielded.

VonUber
11-04-2010, 14:11
We I play no one plays skaven, or lizard men or Dogs of war.

sssk
11-04-2010, 14:17
We've got no undead in any form, no ogres, no dark elves, no WoC.

At the other end of the scale, we have an over abundance of Bretts, Orcs and goblins, and Empire.

I'd think least played is probably OK and TK (purely by what I see online etc)

Teravoc
11-04-2010, 14:42
We have the following armys at home:

Woodelves, Bretts, DOC, WOC, O&G, Highelves, Lizard men, Empire.

Empire and Bretts are our least used.

wizbix
11-04-2010, 14:52
Gnomes? ;)

Makaber
11-04-2010, 15:24
As far as I know, there's only one Chaos Dwarf army in play in Bergen, Norway. As a side note, his other armies are Dogs of War and Ogres.

Other contenders are Dogs of War, but I think I saw them make an appearance at last years tourney. It might have been a visitor, however, so I'm chalking them down for 1.5 armies of them. I know there's another Beastman army out there besides mine, but he plays them very differently, and doesn't bring them out all that often, either.

darkstar
11-04-2010, 15:27
We have nobody in my town who plays vampire counts anymore, thank the invisible man.

Desert Rain
11-04-2010, 16:55
The only army that I've never seen in play are the Beastmen, but I know of a guy plays them. Tomb Kings have I seen once and as far as I know none of the guys I usually game with collects them.

O&G'sRule
11-04-2010, 17:03
The local where I play tends to have a big split in what armies go down on what days, the vets tend to stay with vamps, HE's, lizards, O&G's, WoC and one chaos dwarf player (the others are played occasionally but not often). The kids on other days seem to play pretty much everything else plus all the above except CD.

The SkaerKrow
11-04-2010, 17:29
I'm not counting Chaos Dwarfs, Dogs of War or Kislev, because they aren't official armies anymore (I say that with no malice. Hell, I own a Chaos Dwarf army).

In my regular play group the least common armies are Empire, Daemons of Chaos, Ogre Kingdoms and Skaven. Vampire Counts are fairly uncommon as well. Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Wood Elves are the majority, by far.

w3rm
11-04-2010, 18:38
In my group we have Daemons, Orcs and Goblins, Skaven, Lizardmen,Empire, Dwarfs, Tomb Kings, Wood Elves and Dark Elves. I play three of those armies. :D Our group is fairly small but no Woc, Beastmen, High Elves, Ogres, Vampires or Bretonians.

Troah
11-04-2010, 21:58
My group has:
1) Lizardmen and Bretonnia
2) Dark Elves, Ogres, and Dwarves
3) Empire and Tomb Kings
4) Vampires, High Elves, and Wood Elves
5) Skaven
6) Warriors of Chaos

So out of the 6 people we have that play we don't have Beastmen, Daemons, and Orcs & Goblins.

TheZombieSquig
11-04-2010, 23:31
Nobody plays TK in my area. Every other current army has representation.

ftayl5
11-04-2010, 23:34
If we're talking groups:
The people I mostly play with have:
WoC x 2
VC
Lizardmen
Empire
O&G
Brettonians
High Elves
Wood Elves x 2
And I play: VC, TK, Ogres, starting Gobbos

So the least (or non) played are DoW, DoC, DE, Chaos Dwarfs, Dwarfs, Kislev :)

ArmorForAlex
12-04-2010, 07:38
Probably beastmen since they are the most recent?

Leogun_91
12-04-2010, 09:49
In my 7 very active years in the hobby I have never played against Darkelfs, I have played most other armies several times, including Dogs of Wars and Dark Eldars, I have seen Darkelf players in the area though.

lord ugwart
12-04-2010, 09:58
I've never seen a tomb kings army nor deamons.

Eta
12-04-2010, 10:32
There are no Daemons, Lizardmen, DoW and Ogres where I play. Dark Elves are seldom played, too. Orcs & Goblins, Vampires, Wood Elves, WoC and Skaven are often to be seen on the battlefield.

Greetings
Eta

Garion
12-04-2010, 10:34
Beastmen, then strangely Ogres, even though so many people have an army they just dont get used anymore because they are so inferior to all other races at the moment.

Ovassilias
12-04-2010, 11:09
TK and Ogres, although a lot of ppl have them no one really bothers anymore to play with them...i wonder why:rolleyes:

InFlamesWeTrust
12-04-2010, 13:18
We are only three active players were I come from.
I play WE, the others play WoC, Ogres, Dwarfs and a hint of DE and VC. :rolleyes:
We do have other players in the area (Empire, Lizardmen, Brett) but they have gone in to some sort of hiding for the last few years.

PapaSmurf
12-04-2010, 15:36
Not many HE players round these parts, same with stunties but lots of lizards and Dark elveses, plenty of WOC too and We all insure that no one picks up Daemons, cause no one wants to play against them ever, at all

PapaSmurf

Kayosiv
13-04-2010, 00:52
I have literally never seen a beastmen army fielded.

I've personally played against multiple tomb king armies, as well as at least seen plenty of O&G and at least one ogres.

wyvirn
13-04-2010, 01:40
Yeah, going from the offical rule books, i would have to say either TK of beasts of chaos. But what do i know? i havent seen another dwarf player in years.

someone2040
13-04-2010, 02:01
I would personally say,
Chaos Dwarves followed by Dogs of War. Although, if you're not interested in those two, I'd probably say Beastmen.

Trains_Get_Robbed
13-04-2010, 02:38
Of our local GW Store here in the thumb (michigan, U.S) we have every army covered except for TK I believe (maybe have it covered don't go up enough) of my 9 friends and me we have all covered except TK and Ogres.

nobsb
13-04-2010, 02:49
Ogres are very rare where I play. The next would be Orcs and Goblins, even though we all love them to death they are just unplayable. Third would be Brettonians... I think I spelled that right lol. Also I haven't seen a dwarf army played in awhile to think of it lol, but we all have the armies boxed up.

The most common. Warriors of Chaos, Beasts, Skaven, High Elves, Dark Elves, Empire.

Gork or Possibly Mork
13-04-2010, 03:58
Bold in red are armies I own myself

Very Common=3+ players I've known for years or Im close friends with play them and I otherwise play against them quite regularly anyway.
Fairly Common=A few players I've known for years or Im close friends with play them or I otherwise play against other people but only sometimes.
Not So Common=Bairly anyone I know or have seen play them though I've had a few rare games against them here and there.
Rarely Ever Seen=Played them maybe only a few times in my life and almost no one plays them.
Do they Even Exist?=Never seen them or played them not even proxy and Im beginning to question if they even exist at all.;)

Very Common
- DarkElves
- Dwarfs
- Vampire Counts
- Empire
- Orcs & Goblins

Fairly Common
- Daemons
- High Elves
- Warriors of Chaos

Not So Common
- Lizardmen
- Ogres
- Wood Elves
- Bretonians
- Skaven

Rarely Ever Seen-
- DOW
- Beastmen
- TombKings
- Chaos Dwarfs

Do they Even Exist?
- Kislev

Condottiere
13-04-2010, 06:13
Kislev isn't really viable as a standalone force.