PDA

View Full Version : WoC: Locked shields?

vinush
12-04-2010, 21:52
Hello all,

Quick question for you here, what's the locked shield rule for the WoC army?

I've asked a few people and no one seems to know about it other than the person I played against the other day (I've discovered he played a little fast and loose with the rules in several places, so I suspect this may be a fabrication too).

TYIA.

THE \/ince

theunwantedbeing
12-04-2010, 21:57
It doesnt exist.

Could be the hand weapon and sheild bonus just given a different name.
Presumably it'll just be a player making stuff up to benefit themselves (ie. cheating).

We won't know unless you actually tell us what the guy said the rule did.
Or at least what the result of the rule was, ie. what save the models had perhaps, and what they were equipt with.

vinush
12-04-2010, 22:05
Thanks theunwanted. The latter explanation is exactly what I was thinking had happened after seeing what was said in my musings thread ( http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253448 )

THE \/ince

Dantès
12-04-2010, 23:13
He said his save was 2+, which with Chaos armor (4+), Shield (+1), and HW (+1) it would be 2+. However, if he was taking 2+ saves against the side or rear he was cheating you (again...I read through your other post :p)

He was probably calling the HW/Shield bonus by another name.

giner
12-04-2010, 23:15
It is just the hand weapon and shield rule all infantry with HW&S get.

On another note WoC re-rell psychology tests, not break tests and metal was the better choice:p.

stripsteak
13-04-2010, 02:26
It is just the hand weapon and shield rule all infantry with HW&S get.

On another note WoC re-rell psychology tests, not break tests and metal was the better choice:p.

just panic tests not psychology tests

giner
13-04-2010, 23:49
Oh you're right, I was thinking back to Chaos Undivided.