PDA

View Full Version : Plastic 'Krieg' models

Mr Scratch & Sniff
13-04-2010, 07:33
Hello,

If your like me then you'll love the fantastic Death Korps of Krieg army from Forge World.
I would love to have an army of these guys but theres no way I'm gonna pay 35 for ten men!! Cost me the earth!!

I'm really really hoping Gamesworkshop are gonna make their own version of plastic minitures and wondered if there are any rumors going around to confirm this?

Otherwise I might have to sell two of my 'lesser' armys to fund a 'small' Krieg one.

nagebenfro
13-04-2010, 07:42
I think you wanted this to be in the 40k section...

And no, there are no rumours that I know of for a third plastic IG army, even though trenchcoat guard would be a more flexible (and sellable) kit than Catachans.

mr.kislev
13-04-2010, 07:46
isnt 35 pounds about the same you pay for vostroyans? because when i convert that into ausy dollars its about the same or 3 dollars more.

nagebenfro
13-04-2010, 07:49
Firstborn squad is 20 - a lot less than the Krieg. Then again, once you've swapped around a few weapons, you are paying about the same.

forkrieg425
13-04-2010, 09:13
i can tell you that they are wonderful models, but my army cost me way to much money. really think about it before you make any purchases is the best advice i can give you. be ready to deal with resin, which can be very frusterating at times.

Wise Guy Sam
13-04-2010, 09:15
I'm pretty sure the Warseer Reorg happened a few months ago now.

Please check were you are posting. This is the fantasy general.

Good luck with your krieg though

t-tauri
13-04-2010, 09:47
Moved to 40k general. Please at least galance at which forum you're in prior to opening a thread.

Archangel_Ruined
13-04-2010, 10:41
The third line of your first post: that is why you'll never see them in plastic. They must be propping up FW's design team, letting them get on with making titans that very few people will actually buy. I doubt GW are going to mess with that little cash cow.

marv335
13-04-2010, 10:46
There have been rumors of "Greatcoat Guard" floating around the 'net for years. I doubt we'll see them any time soon.
And I really doubt GW will make plastic Kreig, they're making far more money out of FW, and besides, the fine detail of the Kreig stuff wouldn't work in plastic, so they wouldn't even look like the Kreig models.
If you want the army, you're going to have to pony up the cash.

bigcheese76
13-04-2010, 10:52
We really are not going to be seeing any plastic Krieg as they are produced and sold (with quite a decent amount of sales I presume) by Forge World, in resin. Where there have also been little rumours around saying Voyastrans and Mordians will be released in plastic, these are very old rumours and at present not much at all to back them up if anything, so I think for the time being we will have to stick with just plastic Cadians and Catachans while wishing we all had the funds to play Moridian (thats what I want) or Krieg from FW.

grissom2006
13-04-2010, 10:56
We've had countless rumours on them doing them we've even had GW at seminars say they would like to do longcoats. The things is when ever they've said this they've always said that it's not something they are looking at at this point in time. If as and when they get done if we're to go by the rumour mill then we are to expect a:-

Multi-part kit with parts to make Steel Legion, Death Korp and Valhallans all of which seems a little much for one production sprue if you ask some.

FW could lose the production of them to GW as they at the end of the day have the rights to do so. They did it with the Piranha and the Valkyrie after all and these were both huge big sellers for FW.

T_55
13-04-2010, 11:02
Anything but plastic Krieg. Half of the IG players in my area already use the drab boring gas masked freaks, and if not them some gas masked cadian variation.

Give me Tallarns or Elysian, heck, i'd even be happy with another new regiment.

Galatan
13-04-2010, 11:27
If they would expand their tallarn range to include a basic platoon and command squad then I would happily fork over the cash. Plastic krieg isn't going to happen. As others have said, rumours of great coat guard seem to pop up at least once a year, but the chance of them actually being or looking like krieg are slim.

Mr Scratch & Sniff
13-04-2010, 11:51
These 'longcoats' have caught my intrest now, haven't heard of them so will get on the net for any more info.

T_55 - I really love the WW1 trench style look so unique so bring em on!!!

I have also thought about the old vahallern/storm trooper conversion as loadson ebay - just not sure how to recreate the heavy weapon teams??

Otherwise I'am really thinking of selling my eldar, tyranid and tau armys as they are just packed away in the loft. Might even mak a few scratch built warhounds to sell - sure someone might buy one?

It is such a massive decision as once I get a few I'll have to commit myself totaly. Hmmmm?

Sleazy
13-04-2010, 11:51
If you cant afford Krieg you have a couple of options, if its the whole coat and gasmask thang that gets your juices flowing then how about Steel Legion?

If it has to be Krieg you could buy the Gorgon troops, seperate them and mix them in with standard krieg units to cheapen it up a bit. (unless you dont mind your army "at ease").

Mr Scratch & Sniff
13-04-2010, 11:53
Top idea with gorgon troops, will look into that!!

Sleazy
13-04-2010, 11:56
I have done it as have a few others (do a search on here). A lot of them can be seperated with very little damage that a bit of greenstuff wont fix (I've seen your scratch building, you should be able to handle this).

Once done they seem identical to the "Krieg at ease" squad that FW charge 35 for.

only joking...
13-04-2010, 11:59
This is the closest you'll get for some time:

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/AnnouncementRetrieve.aspx?ID=30854
:D

Mr Scratch & Sniff
13-04-2010, 11:59
Will do thanks sleazy!!

PaddyF
13-04-2010, 12:04
Give me Tallarns or Elysian, heck, i'd even be happy with another new regiment.

Plastic Peatorians. Make it so.

only joking...
13-04-2010, 12:07

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211867
http://www.wargamesfactory.com/AnnouncementRetrieve.aspx?ID=25558

Not hard if you've got some time and a little greenstuff. :)

T_55
13-04-2010, 12:29

I make a prayer every night ;)

These 'longcoats' have caught my intrest now, haven't heard of them so will get on the net for any more info.

T_55 - I really love the WW1 trench style look so unique so bring em on!!!

Fair enough, we're all entitled to our own preferances.

If they did make kits, with any luck we'll be able to make valhallans as well.. *fingers crossed*

AndrewGPaul
13-04-2010, 13:19
The thing is, Steel Legion, Ice Warriors and Death Korps all have very different uniforms. The Steel Legion aren't even wearing greatcoats. I don't see one kit being able to do all three, without watering down the unique details.

Mr Scratch & Sniff
13-04-2010, 16:51
Yeah thats true since krieg has the bottom of their coats folded over and no one else does. plus they have those cool big-wheeled heavy weapons wheres evrey one else has the portable versions.

Lets hope it happens - Come on workshop sort it out. Balls to your never ending space marine relases, lets have some gritty, dirty guardsmen!!!!

DeadlySquirrel
13-04-2010, 16:57
no. no. no!

Plastic Savlar (sp?) Chem dogs are the way forward.

Znail
13-04-2010, 17:05
I expect it to be pretty low on the prio list compared to units without models or with only metal models. Also, what would be the point of making FW models if they were to be supplanted by plastics later? Are they to invent a new IG line to replace Krieg with and then if that is popular make that into plastics and repeat the cycle?

Badger[Fr]
13-04-2010, 17:10
I expect it to be pretty low on the prio list compared to units without models or with only metal models.
Indeed. I wouldn't expect a new plastic regiment until the entire IG range is done, as many models are still outdated or do not even exist.

silentsmoke
13-04-2010, 19:39
(with quite a decent amount of sales I presume)

Yeah the likes of me buying them..lol
See them in plastic..not gonna happen:(

Promethius
13-04-2010, 19:42
It's so low on the list as to almost certainly not be happening. There are plenty of units in the guard book that could do with plastics, like rough riders or stormtroopers, some of which are really outdated. That's before you consider that there are unit entries without models at all (psyker battle squad, penal legion, veterans). I'd love to see plastic greatcoats though. Unfortunately the minatures designers seem to think it's codex armoured company so the wave releases are tank-related rather than the other potentials.
My vote would be for valhallans though.

Olja
13-04-2010, 19:52
The thing is, Steel Legion, Ice Warriors and Death Korps all have very different uniforms. The Steel Legion aren't even wearing greatcoats. I don't see one kit being able to do all three, without watering down the unique details.

True, even their guns are different. However, for plastic troops, I could live with the loss of detail. I'm sure it ain't gonna happen. :(

AndrewGPaul
14-04-2010, 07:21
That's before you consider that there are unit entries without models at all (psyker battle squad, penal legion, veterans).

There are models for the Psyker Battle Squad - those psyker models with staffs and migraines.

Kriegfreak
14-04-2010, 08:14
I'd personally like to see plastic Valhallans, or plastic Vostroyans. I adore Krieg ( obviously ) and I think it's fitting to pony up the cash for them. I'm a little dissapointed at the lack of people trying to convert! Loads of options by pig iron ect. Heck make a renegade regiment, I've recently started one using a mixture of cadian/undead. I think you would get a better response if you tried to make your own unique force. If you enjoy Krieg that much though - do it. Get what you want and don't settle for less , oh and there is no set rule that says they NEED to be painted grey.

AndrewGPaul
14-04-2010, 08:20
Indeed; how about blue:
http://www.gerryembleton.com/Bilder/osprey/DSCN1142.jpg
http://www.gerryembleton.com/Bilder/osprey/DSCN1147.jpg

Or a darker blue with red trousers:
http://www.gerryembleton.com/Bilder/osprey/DSCN1165.jpg

(from http://www.gerryembleton.com/osprey_2.html )

Mr Scratch & Sniff
01-05-2010, 18:25
Great news for those who are intrested,

I've made a score on selling my old eldar army and have taken the plundge ad orderd my first lot of kreig models. I've orderd the following:-

Platoon HQ squad
Gorgon transport with troops.

So far im made up, the gorgon troop idea is awesmoe, i have managed to successfully seperate 11 models including a watchmaster, vox user and flamer guy. Using a small craft knife the models came apart quite easily and i have not needed any GS yet.

Howerver as much as i love em there are a few problems,

Attaching the gorgon tracks to the hull has been almost impossible as the parts dont line up. ive had to cut away lots of resin to make them fit andthy arnt perfect, also i was
hoping it would be bigger, tad small for 100!!

With regards to the models, i didnt realise they were so small - its great when next to space marines as it makes the look a big as they sound in the books - But again dont get much for your money and their gonna be tricky to paint - but its a free army so who cares!!!

With regards to colour i want to paint them 5th seige regiment. Theres a large pic of a grenider in IA5 thats cool - know the one i mean? dark purply/navy coats - very sinister!

I will try and get some pics soon

Leftenant Gashrog
02-05-2010, 01:50
GW certainly couldn't do Valhallans and FW style Kriegans using the same bodies, but the GW Kriegan design in the 3.5 dex did have the same greatcoat and lasgun as the Valhallan.

IcedAnimals
02-05-2010, 07:11
Wargamesfactory just came out with greatcoat plastic guardsmen. The only problem is you can't take them to a tourny since they aren't GW models. However for less than the price of 2 units of deathkorp infantry you can get 128 soldiers. So more than 6x the models. They are even 50% cheaper than cadians.

The Marshel
02-05-2010, 11:35
Would it be possible for gw to represent multiple regiments with a singular kit?

for example. muck around with some of the smaller details on the original minis of each group and surely a hybrid Valhallan/krieg/steel legion kits would be doable. It'd probably mean and additional mini frame of alternative bits and as such would cost players a wee bit more then singular regiment kits, but I'd certainly think it possible.

how about a hybrid cadian/mordian kit? alternative heads and an option to have the frilly should cuff things rather then armor pads.

That would just leave vostroyan and tallan in metal. shame the catachans look nothing like those either of those two.

Col. Tartleton
02-05-2010, 15:26
My thoughts?

Cadians are ace. We need more Cadian stuff.
Catachans are crap. Make them skinny jungle fighters (Even Rambo isn't even that big, he's just really cut) or drop them.
Tallarn in plastic or a full fw range. DUUUUUUNNNNNNEEEEEE
Everything else is fine.