PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Troll set

Whitwort Stormbringer
14-04-2010, 19:58
Are there enough parts in this kit to build 2 trolls?

If so, that seems like a great deal, and from looking at the pictures I can't see why it wouldn't work, but it seems far too generous of gw...

dax
14-04-2010, 20:15
No there is only one legs/torso back piece and one torso front piece. There are multiple heads and arms/weapons but you can only make 1 troll.

Whitwort Stormbringer
14-04-2010, 23:07
Oh damn, I thought it was too good to be true! Good thing I didn't order one.

Thanks for the info!

splash
16-04-2010, 17:48
What's stopping you from getting one? Its still a great kit, with some good options.

Whitwort Stormbringer
19-04-2010, 04:40
What's stopping you from getting one? Its still a great kit, with some good options.

For me, $30 is way too much to shell out for one plastic troll (even a Mordor or Isengard troll). I mean, if I'm going to buy something big like that in plastic, then the only real reason (for me) is to save money, and unfortunately GW's plastics have not been an especially good deal lately.

I have a bunch of cave troll models that I have been planning on converting (I'm fairly confident about GSing the armor). Then I thought that if this was a good, cheap alternative then hey, why not - I'd make the cave trolls into hill trolls or something.

splash
19-04-2010, 06:10
For me, $30 is way too much to shell out for one plastic troll (even a Mordor or Isengard troll). I mean, if I'm going to buy something big like that in plastic, then the only real reason (for me) is to save money, and unfortunately GW's plastics have not been an especially good deal lately.

I have a bunch of cave troll models that I have been planning on converting (I'm fairly confident about GSing the armor). Then I thought that if this was a good, cheap alternative then hey, why not - I'd make the cave trolls into hill trolls or something.

Don't forget you can probably find the plastic troll cheaper elsewhere than having to shell out money to GW for it. Saving money is too good of an idea for me to argue against. Good luck with the converting, and I hope your trolls turn out well.

Whitwort Stormbringer
19-04-2010, 21:53
Don't forget you can probably find the plastic troll cheaper elsewhere than having to shell out money to GW for it. Saving money is too good of an idea for me to argue against. Good luck with the converting, and I hope your trolls turn out well.
That's true, if I could find it for $20 somewhere I'd definitely jump on it, but I think for my budget that's about as high as I can go.

Thanks for the encouragement! I have to get cracking on those guys - they're one of several LotR projects that I'm trying to tackle at the moment.

The Marshel
21-04-2010, 10:09
there are various webstores that offer discounts ranging from 10-20%. postage can be an issue but if you play your cards right you'll still save a bucket load of cash

Whitwort Stormbringer
21-04-2010, 23:08
there are various webstores that offer discounts ranging from 10-20%. postage can be an issue but if you play your cards right you'll still save a bucket load of cash

Yeah, I usually ordere from The Warstore, they do 20% and flat $5 shipping, no matter the order size.

WD40
25-04-2010, 15:41
For the troll chieftan box, can you assemble it so it looks like the isengard troll chieftan model thats in the book? Or is that just the normal troll box?

Whitwort Stormbringer
25-04-2010, 16:49
For the troll chieftan box, can you assemble it so it looks like the isengard troll chieftan model thats in the book? Or is that just the normal troll box?

Pretty sure that's just the normal troll box - the troll chieftan model is metal and based specifically on the big troll that Aragorn was fighting at the Battle of the Black Gate.

ThrowN
26-04-2010, 22:47
I think the Isengard troll chieftain can be build with the kit. Witwort Strombringer is talking of the Mordor troll chieftain, which has his own (metal) box