PDA

View Full Version : ordering from games workshop but how long

Rated_lexxx
15-04-2010, 02:34
I got tired of going around to several gaming stores to get the paints I needs. Some are 40 mins in one direction and the other is 40 mins.

i finally gave up and buy from the games workshop website. how long does it take to come in. I ordered recently ordered something from them but didn't keep track of how long it took to come in

Tenken
15-04-2010, 03:06
Usually 24 working hours. So that translates to about 4 days on average. At least for the free shipping (which is what I always do).

I'd say just make the drive though. Honestly. I'd buy from my LGS but they don't stock like anything (usually a couple of boxes of marines, ork boyz, things like that) so I just order from GW cuz it's the same price, no shipping, and it comes straight to my house.

MajorWesJanson
15-04-2010, 03:11
I got tired of going around to several gaming stores to get the paints I needs. Some are 40 mins in one direction and the other is 40 mins.

i finally gave up and buy from the games workshop website. how long does it take to come in. I ordered recently ordered something from them but didn't keep track of how long it took to come in

All my orders have been within a week, as I usually order on Fridays.

wazatdingder
15-04-2010, 03:14
I haven't ordered anything since bits went out, but when I did their service was awesome. And if they screw up, they usually overcompensate.

Tenken
15-04-2010, 03:21
I haven't ordered anything since bits went out, but when I did their service was awesome. And if they screw up, they usually overcompensate.
Yeah. Buddy of mine got skull pass and it was missing a book and a couple dwarves were messed up, he called GW and got a whole nother skull pass box. He's sitting happy with a ton of goblins.

MadHatter
15-04-2010, 08:25
well i have always got my orders from GW within a week of making the order.
and after the screw up with my local store he better compensate me nicely or i will be getting everything from mail order.

duffybear1988
15-04-2010, 12:55
usually up to 2 weeks I have found.

grissom2006
15-04-2010, 13:20
Can depend on whats been ordered i've never waited longer than a few weeks but know people to have to wait longer. At one point there was a 4 week wait for one of the IG Commissar's.

Inquisitor_Tolheim
15-04-2010, 22:15
You in the states? If so and you're going to order online anyway I'd hit up thewarstore.com (or some other online store of your preference). They sell at 20% off GW's prices and usually have decent shipping rates. If you're feeling a bit more adventurous (and don't mind a longer wait) you can play the exchange rate game and order from overseas. I'm not sure how the exchange is at the moment though.

LonelyPath
16-04-2010, 00:48
If you're in the UK I've found most of my orders arrive in 3 to 4 working days after ordering, that's also using the free shipping option.

bigcheese76
16-04-2010, 01:08
Here in England I have found that dispatch speed is something GW do very well. I havnt had to wait more than about 3-4 working days.

Bunnahabhain
16-04-2010, 01:43
Depends where you live, what you ordered, from where, when, and if the post office are going on strike ( officially or unofficially) again...

Rated_lexxx
16-04-2010, 02:28
yeah 3-4 days sounds right. About how long my last order took to come on. I feel almost bad that I have to do this, but my local gaming stores don't provide and often is to much