PDA

View Full Version : The South West Model Engineering, Model Making & Hobbies Exhibition

Binky
15-04-2010, 08:51
Just seen on the GW website that they're going to be attending the "South West Model Engineering, Model Making & Hobbies Exhibition" this weekend and did consider heading along, but just wondering how much of a presence they tend to have there and if it's actually worth the travelling (45-60 minutes each way I would guess)? Was also meant to be taking my Reaver along to my local store for it's first ever game this weekend, so a bit torn about which would be most interesting!

blongbling
15-04-2010, 12:32
i can honestly say I have never heard of this show so I would be surprised if GW was attending in any significant way and looking at the floor plans it seems that way too

Sith Monkey
15-04-2010, 19:44
One word of advice dont go to this show, take your Reaver to its 1st game instead. Had the pleasure of going last year.
Lets just say its was full of old men and their model boats and GW had a grand total of three tables with about two other wargaming stands. think il stay at home and paint the garden fence this year.

Solasun
15-04-2010, 21:53
The stand will be a demo game/trade stand run by the trade trolls who may or may not look vaguely shocked and scared at being hauled out to run the stand. At full retail.

Binky
16-04-2010, 10:49
Right, looks like it's the local store with the Reaver then. If I wake up in time!