PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points of annihilation chaos!

NixonAsADaemonPrince
15-04-2010, 13:02
Hi Peoples,

Wanted to finalise on a good list, this is what I was thinking of running as a competitive build.

Characters:

Archaon, Lord of the End Times.

My reasons for choosing it that he is one of the hardest characters in warhammer, being extremely hard to kill, pretty lethal and keeps your army together.

Core:

10 Marauders with MoS.

10 Marauders with MoS.

These just act as table quarter holders and core fillers.

5 Marauder Horsemen with Flails and Light Armour.

5 Warhounds.

5 Warhounds.

5 Warhounds.

These are to shield the knights and stop them being baited/march blocked too badly.

Special:

5 Chaos Knights with Standard, Banner of Rage and MoN.

5 Chaos Knights.

5 Chaos Knights with Standard and MoK.

5 Chaos Knights with Standard and MoK.

Now 1940.

I know that frenzy is considered by many to be a bad idea, but it does give them unparalleled lethality and with so may units of them I can swamp the board and just use them as a huge hammer, which is tough, lethal and won't run away easily because of Archaon. They are a challenge to play well, I know, but that is what I enjoy about the army.

This isn't my only build, I do run with a Sorcerer Lord and a flying BSB as well, instead of Archaon.

My only other thought was an idea to include a Hellcannon, as one of my main reasons for Archaon is to take on opposing Death Star units, but the cannon could be used to snipe them early on. Though it does have a few down sides.

Any comments very welcome, cheers in advance.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
15-04-2010, 21:18
Come on peoples, give me some criticism please.

ShaggothLord
15-04-2010, 21:22
Its been 8 hours......be patient...

I like the list, though I'd be very wary of gunlines as there's really nothing to do against them. Yet if you get into combat quick enough, that shouldn't be much of a problem. Just be wary of shooting and magic and you should be good.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
15-04-2010, 21:52
Fair enough, cheers for the thoughts, I'll just rush forward as much as poss. Would it be worth squeezing a sorcerer for another dispel dice, bringing it up to a total of 6 with Archaon's MR.

And I want more response now! (I'm a very patient, reasonable person)

ShaggothLord
16-04-2010, 03:36
It really wouldn't be 6 dispel dice since it's only for Archaon. You have 3 Dispel Dice at the moment, so a scroll caddy might be nice.

randomkrazy
16-04-2010, 05:46
looks decent, against dwarf gun lines maybe rough, but thats about it. its mobile and hard hitting. luring would be a problem, against a good opponent he'll lure archaeon into the woods asap, or flank his unit on the side hes not on..

good luck

NixonAsADaemonPrince
16-04-2010, 09:05
Fair enough, cheers guys, I'll try n get a scroll caddy in there, and as for luring, I'll try and use the warhounds for screens, and maybe de-khorne the unit Archaon is with?

Nixon

Eta
16-04-2010, 10:28
"De-Khorning" Archaon's unit is a good idea. That would give you another unit of badly needed hounds. I'd even think of dropping the standard of one knight unit so you can mark your foot marauders Slaanesh. That way they will not run away when shot at and will claim / contest a table quarter for a longer time.

Greetings
Eta

NixonAsADaemonPrince
16-04-2010, 18:04
Good advice, I have update the list, now have 60 points to spare, not enough for a scroll caddy so what would people suggest?

And what would you recommend if I didn't take Archaon, but would of course still want to be competitive?

Cheers.

karateka)
17-04-2010, 03:21
im not a gt tournament fun but what can u do vs kairos or any magic combo?

NixonAsADaemonPrince
17-04-2010, 11:47
That why I wanted other suggestions for replacing Archaon, I thought of going for a Sorc Lord of some kind, a BSB to hold things together and what else?

Cheers,

Nixon