PDA

View Full Version : Honored Imperium

Heretic'sPaintbrush
15-04-2010, 20:17
Received two Honored Imperium sets in the mail today.

I was a little disappointed - you can't switch out the shield and sword arms with the way it's casted. Secondly, it looks like it's going to take a fair amount of fillwork if you're going to give it something other than a stone paint job.

All in all, not a bad terrain set thought; it will definitely look good incorporated with some other terrain.

LonelyPath
15-04-2010, 23:46
I thought the same when I opened mine. But then, I'm using the statue as part of a objective marker, it's going to be modelled as if it's being carried off by Death Skull Orks, heh.

bigcheese76
16-04-2010, 00:16
I thought the same when I opened mine. But then, I'm using the statue as part of a objective marker, it's going to be modelled as if it's being carried off by Death Skull Orks, heh.

Is there anything you Orks wont loot?

On topic, I am considering getting one of the Honored Imperium sets. Do you think they are worth it? Mine too would be used as objective markers.

Heretic'sPaintbrush
16-04-2010, 17:37

Most definitely a good steal!

The kit is well worth it; it's just not designed with convertability in mind like much of GW's other products. Thiss'n is gonna take a little more creativity when it comes to implementing in into other terrain features.

LonelyPath
16-04-2010, 21:02
I think the stature and ruin make great objective markers, but the broken aquilla is a little large for that. In fat I was surprised at how big it was upon opening the box. It's about 1 and a half times the size I thought it would be!

Still, I started work on the looted satue, the hard part is assembling and converting the boyz so I can fit enough of them under the thing. ATM it's blu-tacced with 4 boyz holding it up, they look small next to it, but Orks are pretty strong and I've have some squated orks underneath to help carry the burden on their backs.

And no, there's nothing a good Ork won't steal, especially if they paint their heads blue (tempted to convert another ork and having him painting the statues head blue as they sneak off with it, haha).

Heretic'sPaintbrush
17-04-2010, 20:09
It took a substantial amount of greenstuff...

Looks good, but i'm not happy with the prep work.

To quote the late Rob Dyrdek, "It's like at what price do we pay for these delectable treats?"